Capital One Statistician Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Statistician Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.1

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting website. Got email from HR to set up phone interviews. Questions are a mix of basic statistics - Multicollinearity , CI, P-value, - and two cases. The interviewer does not really ask too much about my resume.

Interview Questions

• you are given a data set of alumni donation with 5000 predictors, we want to know how you will predict whether a given alumni will donate or not. What would you do   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

There were 3 people, one from higher management team, one is the leader of one statistician team and another senior statistician. They asked both past experience, my research and then a case question

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research and how I will analysis data at given situation.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

First applied online. And got an email to have a phone screen. It lasts 2 weeks for all these procedures going. After this phone screen there will be one onsite at plano, Texas. The interviewer for the phone screen is friendly. However, every question the he asked must have some key words he wants. And he will lead you to a specific topic.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much like others. What is the p-value, the mean and variance?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

They scheduled a campus recruiting first, all about statistics questions such as what's confidence interval, p value, ANOVA, etc. I was also asked to design tests for randomization. The notice about onsite interview came the next day. There were 4 interviews-2 case, 1 role play and 1 behavioral. The first case was given you the required profit margin, asked about the market share, and whether the company should retrieve from the business. Plus, if the company decided to stay, what strategy could be employed. The second case was simple, basically understanding of statistics was enough. The hardest part for me is the role play. The model analyzed a problem of delayed flights. You had to understand the graphs and the model quickly and to prepare for a presentation to someone who pretended know nothing about stats. The problem for me was the time is limited and it was hard for me to organize my answer well. The behavioral question was typical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience persuading someone and change their opinion.
      Tell me about a time when you encounter great change of your project.
      Tell me about a project that you're most proud of .   2 Answers

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

They put me one the speaker while talking. Basic statistics questions about mean, SD, CI, multicollinearity(with some other information).
    normal distributed, SD=10, what you can get from this.
    CI 95% 5% 6%, explain.
    something about respond rate(forgot)
    If you impute the income by the mean, what will happen to the credit card company. Explain your answers. (Large amount of data or small amount, what will happen when lower income was replaced, how about higher income)
    Hope this will help and good luck.

Interview Questions

• 500,000 alumnus make donations, 1,000 factors. Binary target. Go through the process of model setting.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2015.

Interview

45 mins telephone interviews. The interviewer asked several basic statistical concepts (e.g. cross validation, multicollinearity, variable selection... ) and gave one case study and you need to provide a brief solution for the fund-raising problem.

Interview Questions

• statistical methods for modeling data with thousands of variables.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied through campus Recruit. After three days, I got a phone interview opportunity. The Recruiter is a senior statistician analyst. Most of the interview questions are basic stat questions, such as CI, P value, missing data problem.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and got an email for phone screening. Interviewer was Sr. statistician. She was very supportive and it was a pleasant experience talking to her. First she asked me to walk her through my resume and then she asked basic statistic questions. like what is p-value, what is corelation and factors to consider before applying hypothesis testing. Then at the end there was a little case ... 500,000 alumni and 1000 records. what can you predict from the given information

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected but I found the last question little bit confusing   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

phone interview is basically just technical questions. I was asked to explain confidence interval, linear regression assumption and cross validation. Multicollinearity is important in the interview. And when fitting a model don't forget to split the data into training set and test set.

Interview Questions

• Case study. Ask me to use statistical method to help making fundraising decision   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The first round interview is a phone screening. I was just asked about Visa issues, expected annual income, graduation day and the preferred location. The person from HR spread out the resume to the department after the phone screening interview and each department contacts whether it moves forward or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected question. It's rather unexpectedly short.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.