Capital One TDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One TDP Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

wasn't too bad but wasn't that easy either. definitely review your data structures and brush up on your problem solving skills because you will need to understand certain programming technicalities that you may have forgotten

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2019.

Interview

Applied on campus, contacted for an interview soon after and meet recruiters on campus during event. 3 round process like other people mentioned. Behavior, Case, Technical components. Review leetcode easy and STAR behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior: Project most proud of, Tech something technical to a non-technical person, learned something new.
      Case: Something about Capital One acquiring ING and how it would integrate customers between the two.
      Coding: UML class diagram, ensure string and pattern repetition match given separate arrays, and change/coin problem after converting currencies.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Get a behavior, case and technical interview. They can be in any order. However If you're unlucky you'll have a bad interviewer. I had a bad technical interviewer that had no idea what she was doing and she did not provide any guidance. All she said was "ok" and "any last touches." No guidance whatsoever and she was socially awkward so I have no idea how she was picked as an interviewer. It really depends on luck to get a good interviewer. My case and behavior were nice. Behavior question was standard. Case interview varies. It's a lot of high level technical questions for me.

TDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

A campus recruiter reached out to me encouraging me to apply to the TDP program. After my application, I was scheduled to do an onsite interview (skipped straight past the phone screen). The onsite is broken into 3 parts - the case interview, technical interview, and behavioral interview. I thought the case interview was the hardest/most convoluted by far. The technical interview and the behavioral interview were both very standard.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for TDP online through their portal. I received an on-campus final round interview a few days later. The interview was very straight forward consisting of three parts: case, behavioral, and job-fit. The whole process took around 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was about encryption.
      Behavioral was STAR method.
      Job-fit asked to make a deep copy of a linked list and recognize that a function was not one-to-one   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Interview

Was pretty good. They fly you out on site and book you a flight if needed, etc.
    I felt I nailed the questions, but they are pretty selective so I don't know what happened. I'll give you the interview questions as they are. I remember every single question so please feel free to look up the answer ahead of time. Prior to the interview, I saw some of the interview questions on Glassdoor as well so they definitely reuse the questions

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about a time when you explained technical subject to a nontechnical person?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: what is the project you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: describe a time when you learned something new?   Answer Question
    • Case: CapitalOne acquired ING Direct. What are business and technical implications? (say stuff like cybersecurity, synergies, etc)   Answer Question
    • Technical: Design job application system using OOP   Answer Question
    • Technical: Implement breadth-first search.   1 Answer
    • Technical: Add two numbers represented as linked lists.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

My first ever interview. Difficulty was technical -> case -> behavioral from hardest to easiest.
    I practiced a lot of questions on leetcode but the questions they asked were predictable. It was a great process, would recommend.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2019.

Interview

Applied on my university job board. Had an invitation for an on campus final round interview composed of 3 parts: behavioral, technical, and case interviews. Each part lasted about 45 minutes. Behavioral was decent, many questions asking about tell me a time...,etc. The case portion was not bad, it was mostly to show the interviewer how you think when you solve problems. The technical interview was probably the most challenging part, though the questions were not too bad, but rather since there is a time constraint and there is definitely more pressure when you are coding on paper while being assessed. The interviewers were really nice though, and despite not receiving the offer, I thought the interview process was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a group and how you overcame challenges.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Mediocre interview process. Study data structures and inheritance for the system design question. Had a question on linked lists and one related to doing a traversal on a BST.

Interview Questions

• Adjust linked list to connect odd indexed nodes together and even ones connected together   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Lunch
    Tour
    Behavioral, Case, Job fit (technical)
    Interview not in specific order

Behavior were all "Tell me a time when you..."
    Case is simple algebra
    technical is simple coding questions.
    With arrays object oriented

There are over 30 words why is this not submitting????

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you...

finished a project from scratch
      learned something new   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.