Capital One TDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One TDP Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

TDP Interview

Interview

I applied online and heard back within 2 weeks. My recruiter emailed me with possible times for the 3 hour long interview. The interview was held over zoom with different people/teams hoping on the call for each of the three subsections: behavioral, technical, and case.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

TDP Interview

Interview

Virtual interview ran smoothly. I applied and then had one power day interview with 3 rounds - technical, behavioral, technical. Technical was a case study and had you rewrite a block of code.

TDP Interview

Application

I interviewed at Capital One in February 2020.

Interview

behavioral easy, case is okay only if you study for it, technical was a bit rough but relatively fine. Make sure to use the STAR method for behavioral, they ask for all kinds of situations

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you explained something technical to someone non-technical   Answer Question

TDP () Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out, on-site interview in McLean, VA (expenses paid).

Arrived day before.
    Morning of interview: met at HQ, group lunch and tour with other recruits led by junior employees.
    Afternoon: Group split into individual interview/conference rooms.

Interview: 3 part interview, 45 mins each.
    - Case Study (System Design/Problem Exploration - Light Coding)
    - Technical Question (3 -- design, short answer and long answer)
    - Behavioral ("How do you break problems down", etc.)

Flew back after interview.

Interview Questions

• We acquire a company and need to transition their users into using our applications. What's the fastest way we can do that?   1 Answer

TDP Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts: one behavioral, one case, and one "job fit" (i.e. technical) interview. Each was 45 minutes, in a private room. I did have to hand write code for the job fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you explained something technical to a non-technical person.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Onsite Interview, consists of 3 parts: Behavioral, Case and Technical. Super nice HR. Would recommend applying as they go straight to onsite and are very quick to give interview results.

Interview Questions

• Project you are proud of completing from start to finish.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online. Got invited to the On-Campus super day interview. Consisted of a case interview, behavioral, and technical. The interviewers were great and seemed interested in learning more about me. The overall process was very smooth.

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied through my school. After they screened my resume, I was invited to a final round interview held on campus. There were three rounds: (1) Technical, (2) Behavioral, and (3) Tech-based Case interview. After interviewing, I received my answer two days later.

Interview Questions

• For the case interview, I was given some code and asked to improve it from an efficiency perspective. I was then also asked to talk about how to improve it from a consumer perspective. Example: how could I improve the design of the code such that its functionality fits consumers needs more?   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Interview

The interview process took about three weeks overall. The interview in McLean consisted of technical, behavioral, and case components. The technical is standard leetcode questions, the behavioral is in the Situation Task Action Response format, and the case is tech flavored business questions.

TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Well organized interview. Applied online and got an on-campus interview straight away. There was 3 rounds: 1) Technical Interview 2) Case Interview 3) Behavioral Interview. Technical wasn't too bad. Had to design a banking system of credit and debit accounts. Then 2 coding questions that were leetcode mediums. Case was the same as everyone posted on here, refactoring code. Behavioral was all from this website, typical questions. Overall good interview. I did well, but sadly, did not recieve an offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.