Capital One TDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One TDP Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

TDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then super day at their campus in Mclean. Lunch with current TDP's then 3 rounds of interviews: behavioral, technical, and case in any order. Technical questions were easy-medium problems like those on Leetcode including one OOP question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for TDP online through their portal. I received an on-campus final round interview a few days later. The interview was very straight forward consisting of three parts: case, behavioral, and job-fit. The whole process took around 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was about encryption.
      Behavioral was STAR method.
      Job-fit asked to make a deep copy of a linked list and recognize that a function was not one-to-one   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

A campus recruiter reached out to me encouraging me to apply to the TDP program. After my application, I was scheduled to do an onsite interview (skipped straight past the phone screen). The onsite is broken into 3 parts - the case interview, technical interview, and behavioral interview. I thought the case interview was the hardest/most convoluted by far. The technical interview and the behavioral interview were both very standard.

TDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

My first ever interview. Difficulty was technical -> case -> behavioral from hardest to easiest.
    I practiced a lot of questions on leetcode but the questions they asked were predictable. It was a great process, would recommend.

TDP Interview

Interview

Was pretty good. They fly you out on site and book you a flight if needed, etc.
    I felt I nailed the questions, but they are pretty selective so I don't know what happened. I'll give you the interview questions as they are. I remember every single question so please feel free to look up the answer ahead of time. Prior to the interview, I saw some of the interview questions on Glassdoor as well so they definitely reuse the questions

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about a time when you explained technical subject to a nontechnical person?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: what is the project you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: describe a time when you learned something new?   Answer Question
    • Case: CapitalOne acquired ING Direct. What are business and technical implications? (say stuff like cybersecurity, synergies, etc)   Answer Question
    • Technical: Design job application system using OOP   Answer Question
    • Technical: Implement breadth-first search.   1 Answer
    • Technical: Add two numbers represented as linked lists.   1 Answer

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2019.

Interview

Applied on my university job board. Had an invitation for an on campus final round interview composed of 3 parts: behavioral, technical, and case interviews. Each part lasted about 45 minutes. Behavioral was decent, many questions asking about tell me a time...,etc. The case portion was not bad, it was mostly to show the interviewer how you think when you solve problems. The technical interview was probably the most challenging part, though the questions were not too bad, but rather since there is a time constraint and there is definitely more pressure when you are coding on paper while being assessed. The interviewers were really nice though, and despite not receiving the offer, I thought the interview process was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a group and how you overcame challenges.   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online and they asked for an onsite(they only have one interview). There, they gave a tour of the headquarters, lunch then the interview. Interview is three parts: Behaviorial, Case, Technical. Behavioral was just about a project I've done and how I work with others. Case was weird because it was a coding + SW development with a business context. Techincal was pretty easy - know basic Data structures and algorithms and you should be fine.

TDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied at my school career fair and got the on site interview in a couple weeks. We had a tour of the campus and then lunch. Try to work in the capital one motto "changing banking for the good" in your interviews. It impresses them more than you think.

Interview Questions

• Stack, Simple OOP question on call center, Case Study with some quantitative math   Answer Question

TDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was invited to final round interviews at my university due to my participation in Capital One's Software Engineering Summit over the summer. My first interview was the case interview, which I thought was the most difficult out of the three. There's not much you can do to prepare apart from going through a few example cases to get a feel for what to expect. I wasn't afraid to admit when I didn't know something, and I tried to explain my thought process throughout the whole problem, which is what I think they are mainly looking at as you solve the case. My second interview was behavioral. I had a really great interviewer and although the questions were classic STAR format, it felt more like a conversation and went by pretty quick. The last was a technical job fit. I only got through 2 of the 3 technical questions (one design, one coding), but it was because my interviewer and I spent a long time talking about each. I wasn't perfect (my solution for the coding question wasn't 100% correct), but I was able to explain what I was thinking and what my code did. When the interviewer pointed out a case where my code didn't work, we worked towards a better solution that I figured out quickly after that. All in all, it was a long interview, but I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• Given the root of a tree, determine if the tree is a BST.   1 Answer

TDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

tech, behavioral, case..don't get your hopes up if they call back, might be to reject you.
    understand saving per cost unit EVEN IF YOU ARE DEVELOPER
    overall straight forward nothing too hard

Interview Questions

• tech: design platform to credit/debit card transaction for customers, determine if bst or not, turn integer into string
      case: this is the part I got wrecked in....compare two vendors, determine which one saves you more. Bank doesn't want to get calls from customer because it costs $X. Vendor one charges $Y for each task and their job is Z% effective. Vendor two has different parameters. Compare both companies and choose which one would save you more.
      behavioral: talk about time you explained a technical concept to someone non technical, how did you know they understood, etc. And talk about biggest project (doesn't have to be technical) you're most proud of...challenges....what you did.....why?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.