Capital One Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.5

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

The recruiter asked questions about my strengths and weaknesses, my past work experience, and my plans for the future. It was pretty generic, and only took about 15 minutes. I was told up-front about the starting salary, and none of the questions were particularly out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Capital One, as opposed to any other bank?   1 Answer
  • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

I was not able to relocate in time to take the position if it was offered to me.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2009.

Interview

I received a call regarding my application and was asked to come in the next day for an interview. I reviewed my skills, why I am good for the job, and asked myself some questions that I could expect (Why me, talk about experiences with rude customers, why this bank, etc). I was interviewed by two management personnel. They told me about the position and asked me why I would be good for the job, my history, and why Capital One... and that was it. The employees didn't seem particularly nice and I didn't like the work culture. I received a call the next day from a recruiter offering me the position, denoting the salary, etc.

Interview Questions

• If a person came in screaming their head off at you as if you were the cause of their anger due to a bad experience at this bank in the past, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

applied online and had to take an accessment test. got a call from a recruiter and answered a few questions. recruiter set me up for a phone interview the following day. I was asked questions such as... how did i resspond to an irate customer. and we did role play. I was called for an interview with branch manager and it was a success.

Interview Questions

• An example of above and beyond customer service   1 Answer
    • Why they should hire me   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint James, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Saint James, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later I was accepted for an interview, filled out some forms online, was called to setup an interview a couple days later, the interview was 1:1 and fairly straightforward, was asked about my previous job, why i was leaving it, why i chose capital one

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly hard questions.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Took the test when I applied. Recruiter contacted me one month later. Asked questions like why do you want to be hired, what do you expect from this job, etc. Fully form answers to these questions before your interview. Also, make sure you ask them questions. I was contacted later by hiring managers who 1:1 interviewed me for the teller position in their banks. I was accepted soon after.
    It is a wonderful place to work and my colleagues couldnt be nicer! I'm really happy with my job and intend to keep it at it and get better and better. Promotional opportunities are also decent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • GIve an example where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville Ctr, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Rockville Ctr, NY (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online to various location. Some online applications needed an assessment test while others did. I got a call a couple of days later by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview that week. I made an appointment for the next day. One question that stumped me was 'What is Capital One known for? What makes it different than other banks'. I didnt do my research before the phone interview so I didnt know and I told her I wasnt sure. I thought I blew it but after a week I received another phone call asking to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager, and both were extremely nice. They asked me about my previous jobs, what my goals were, and some situational questions. Most people say that if your interviewer starts casual talk it usually is a bad sign, so I was nervous while leaving because we had some small talk. I received another phone call a week later congratulating me on my new job. I had to complete a post offer form online & I just went in for my drug test today. They told me the job is mine unless I fail the background check or drug test .. which I wont. Everyone in this whole interview process was very nice & I cant wait to start working with them in 2 weeks!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the pay so I didn't bother to negotiate.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

a recruter called me for a phone interview then the moved you to the interview with the branch manager ... the if they like you the offer you the job but they sent me an email that i was rejected ... even thou had previously wroked with capital one as a teller and had the experienced .. shhh

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry contumer   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Lake Charles, LA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online for Capital one.
    I studied the company through their website and tailored an interview with potential questions.
    First they contact you over phone and ask you some basic questions: why do you want to work for the company? what makes you a good candidate and questions from that level. During my interview I pointed out my qualifications and related them to the company's philosophy. I answered them boldly and confidently.
    Make sure you ask the golden questIon AT THE END: AM I MOVING FORWARD IN THE HIRING PROCESS/ DO YOU HAVE ANY RESERVATIONS IN HIRING ME/ MOVING ME FORWARD?

second interview was at a conference room with 2 ladies who asked me about my solving conflict skills, team work skills and sales skills..... make sure you have all kind of situations you solved in mind and look at them in the eye.....

At the end after I asked the golden question they offered me also a position as a personal banker as well. They told me regardless of my choice the teller position would still be available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a client was very dissatisfied and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Fairfax, VA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, a recruiter contacted one week later, and set up a phone interview the for next day for 15 minutes .It went well and the next day morning another one contacted to set up a face to face interview for the very next day. It was with two district representatives 30 minutes each..but i was done in 45 minutes..All the questions were cookie cutters...the second interviewer told me the recruiter will contact me in 3-5 business days..today is the 8th business day and exactly 2 weeks after the 1:1(in between came thanksgiving holidays)no call,no updates.I sent an email query ..no reply..Why dont they inform us the result even if its negative ..But overall the experience was nice, all of them were very friendly. I was a bit nervous at first,but their cool attitude helped me to calm down .

Interview Questions

• If Cap one and BoA offered you the same position at the same time ,which one will you choose ? and why ? i know its same as why cap one ,but i didnt expect this qstn .   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA (US)).

Interview

Interview process is very easy. After you apply online, a recruiter from out of town contacts you to set up a phone interview. Questions are pretty simple. Mostly behavorial questions. If you pass this, which most of the time you will, you are sent on a face to face interview which is easy as well. They are always hiring because they are always firing. So it's not a hard process. At some point there is a online assessment to take. I can't remember distinctly, but I believe it's before the recruiter contacts you.

Negotiation

I was satisfied with what they offered.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.