Carey Group Plc Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Carey Group Plc

2.6

HR Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc (Glasgow, Scotland) in December 2019.

Interview

It was a fairly lengthy interview process involving online tests, telephone and face to face interviews. The questions were largely competency based with some technical questions as well. The final stage involved a presentation. For each stage of the process I put a lot of time and energy into preparing, so it definitely wasn’t an easy process.

BDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

20 mins phone interview. Followed by a panel interview. The call was of average difficulty and was more or less an opportunity to find out more about myself as a potential employee. They asked me about examples of sales challenges I have faced in the past about how I overcame said challenges. Once the call was nearing the end, they asked me if I had any questions for them. Overall the interview was painless and a good chance both them and I to identify if this was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked why they should hire me. Also asked about my background in sales.   Answer Question

Engineering Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marble Arch, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc (Marble Arch, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Firstly, to take an online workplace personality test. Then to organise a suitable date to attend 8am Marble Arch Place site so to be interviewed by the project manager (was an available concrete project engineer).

Interview Questions

• What did I find interesting about construction   1 Answer

Assistant Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc (Heathrow, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Initially I sent my application to CAREYS HR and I was contacted by the recruitment advisor to arrange the interview. I was then interviewed by the commercial manager and the recruitment manager. I was warmly welcomed by them and the interview was conducted in a very friendly manner.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the experience I gained from my previous employments.   1 Answer

3D VISUALISER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc (Wembley, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Directly contacted by HR to come in for an interview.

First interview - with HR and Line Manager - 1hr30
    Second interview - with Line Manager and Head of Dept - 1hr

They were general interviews really, with standard questions about skills and experience. All of the interviewers were really friendly, and in particular the HR rep was lovely and really helpful. Very straightforward process, was kept informed throughout about decisions.

Interview Questions

Carey Group Plc Response

18 Dec 2017 – Head of HR

thank you for this positive feedback on our recruitment process, best of luck with your career!

Head of People Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc (Wembury, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Warm welcome but that's where it ended. Two psychometric tests and panel interview later - nothing - 'nada'. Two of the four panel members stayed mute and just kept checking their watches?
    Time waster

Interview Questions

Carey Group Plc Response

22 Jun 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview at our Wembley office for the role of Head of People Development. We are still in the process of interviewing excellent candidates and will be moving to the next stage soon.

This is a key role for us so we are taking our time to ensure we find the ideal person, and in turn that we are the ideal company for that person. We are indeed using two tools for this role, one measures work based motivations and behaviours and the other cognitive intelligence - this helps us to ensure people join us and succeed in their roles.

We were on a tight schedule on some of the interview days and your feedback will be given to the panel to ask them to maybe reduce the number of times they check their watches.

Thank you for your interest in joining our company.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

4 hrs interview at Wembley stadium, it was ok but very tiring and regretful experience after getting the job. They made you do group exercises and an individual presentation

Interview Questions

Carey Group Plc Response

19 Jan 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for this feedback - we do put our future graduates through their paces! The venue was always appreciated amongst the hard work.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc.

Interview

It was an assessment day with one group exercise and one long-lasting interview.

I really enjoyed it, the HR people were rather friendly while the interviewers (engineers mostly) were friendly as well!

Overall, it was a very good experience from a great company! The assessment day lasted 4-5 hours and they offered lunch as well.

The offices are a great place to work and they also offer there gym facilities and breakfast!

Interview Questions

Carey Group Plc Response

19 Jan 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for the feedback and we are reviewing the whole assessment centre and interview questions and will take this feedback on board for this review.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carey Group Plc (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Good cop. Bad cop. Interview process was odd in that it was hard to tell if one interviewer was far too enthusiastic and the other was there under duress, but perhaps this is a standard way Careys interviews all staff.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.