Carillion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Carillion Interview Questions

Updated 28 Feb 2018

2.7

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carillion (Roanoke, VA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process was flawless. Everyone was friendly and professional. I felt relieved after the interview process. I was allowed to shadow for as long as I wanted after the interview to ensure that this was something that I wanted to do.

Orthopedic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carillion (Roanoke, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel. Went well was asked to come back and shadow for 3 depts spent 8 hours of my time and was told the manager was in a meeting they would call me first of the week to come in for a meeting. That was onFriday by wed i called left them a vm never heard back. Week 2 i called that thursday left a vm once again nothing. Week 4 never a returned call or email or anything.

Interview Questions

• About past experiences on the job and how i handled it.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carillion (Roanoke, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and I also sent a detailed, well prepared resume with cover letter to HR and also followed up with a phone call to only hear that they never received either. After reading the reviews on GD, I'm glad the interview never occurred.

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carillion (Birmingham, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed through a campus recruitment process which made it possible to reach a large number of employers easily. I firstly had to submit an application form which was reviewed by the company. Interviews were then arranged based on which companies were interested in you. The company then came to my campus and I had a 30 minute interview with two employees. The interview was more of a conversation rather than interrogation with no competency based questions. The questions were more trying to gauge what your personality is like and if you would fit into the workplace well. I received an offer the next day by via a telephone call.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests in civil engineering / what modules do you most enjoy?   1 Answer

Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carillion.

Interview

Panel interview with case study given prior in order to prepare and subject for presentation also provided. Around an hour for interview with a panel of 3 asking competency based questions with review of case study and a 10 minute presentation on your first 100 days in role.

Interview Questions

• Presentation - your first 100 days in role
      Competency based questions
      Case study review   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carillion.

Interview

Basic what to expect during the hiring process: Prepare and articulate your goals, and remain honest here. Inconsistent answers won’t get you the respect and credibility that is a must to impress an interviewer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carillion (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Completed online application, then got a phone call a week later for interview.

Two stage interview process for one position. 3 invited for stage two.

Got another phone call for 2nd interview.

One of the interviewers answer their phone a few times during the interview. Which was quite rude. Never mentioned at the beginning of the interview that they may have to take a call during the interview. I found it unprofessional and question if it was a test.

Telephonist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carillion (London, England) in March 2011.

Interview

I was already temping with Unilever for over 6 years when I was offered a full time position with Carillion, (as we were outsourced from Unilever). It was a straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we offer you the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was straight forward.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carillion (Wolverhampton, England) in February 2017.

Interview

After the screening process, there is a behaviour assessment and then phone interview, from this if successful it is the assessment centre stage. Assessment centre involved building a bridge using adult sized lego.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Carillion.

Interview

Very long process. Once I had filled out the application form and passed into the next stage, I was contacted for a telephone interview. The interviewer was lovely and very easy to talk to. Following that had an assessment day. Had to do a group task, interview and individual presentation. After that.....nothing. I chased them up for over 2 months and eventually found out that I'd passed the assessment center but they didn't have any vacancies in the department I wanted. But they said something had come up and booked me in for another interview (3 months after the assessment center). Took another job offer in the meantime.

Although it was slow and a really inefficient process, everyone I met and spoke to was extremely friendly

Interview Questions

Took too long to respond

Carillion Response

9 May 2016 – Recruitment Resourcer (Social Media)

Thanks very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that everyone you spoke to was friendly. We appreciate your comments regarding timescales and will take these on board when we review next... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.