Caterpillar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Interviews at Caterpillar

Interview

STAR interview format (situation task action result). Had three Interviews during the day with various groups, along with a dinner beforehand and lunch during the day. They are really trying to look for soft skills here.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2020.

Interview

1 hour phone interview about 10 questions in total. Two recruiters took turns to ask you questions related to behavioral and you need to answer based on your own experience and answer based on your resume

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you come to a challenge and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

they are good at interview process. Very fast process with very active HR personnel. Pretty straight forwards. I think they are doing great with phone interview. After phone inverview oyu get a call for office visit and then done.

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in December 2019.

Interview

Submitted my resume online via their portal. Received an email about 1 month later requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was completed with a Human Resources manager from the Morton office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Urbana, IL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied to several positions in Caterpillar through online and talked to them during college career fair. I haven't heard anything from that after that, but I talked with the employee at an event held by one RSO in my campus. A week or two later they contact me, and invited me to an interview. Overall process were clear and nice.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was at the SHPE convention. I got the interview by talking to HR at the booth. The interview was 45 minutes long and I was told that caterpillar will reach out in 3-4 weeks if I am selected.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (DeKalb, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

There were 2 back to back, but separate interviews by 2 different interviewers. Both consisted of behavioral type questions that required a pattern to be used in answering. (Situation, Task, Action, Results) or STAR, which was simply to make it easy for them to take notes and understand your story fully

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a member of a team that you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Met the Caterpillar representatives in a Career fair. After hearing about my experience, they gave a chance to interview with their representatives. The interview was simple. It was a one day process. One interview of 30 mins and most of them were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain about a time when you resolved a conflict in your team.   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you were under immense pressure to solve an issue?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online and took the personality test. Got a phone call one month later requesting an in-person interview. The night before the interview there was a get to know you dinner. I was assigned a host who took care of me throughout the interview process. The following day we had a two hour informational session in the visitor center, one 1 hour interview, lunch, and two more 1 hour interviews. They were all behavioral based questions. The following week I was contacted to do a phone interview with a regional manager. This interview was 30 minutes and focused on functional fit for the position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Asked for a brief introduction/elevator speech to start.
    STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) formatted responses to 7 questions. Two interviewers. Microsoft Teams video conference.
    Gave time at the end for questions.
    Also gave time for me to highlight or mention other pertinent information or say some final remarks if I felt there had not been enough emphasis on something.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most productive project. What made it your most productive project?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to obtain information to better understand a customer, and how it improved that relationship.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you reached out to others to request help in a technical skills area.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a decision quickly, or perhaps too quickly.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you did more than what was required in a course.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were not pleased with your performance, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have difficult tasks. Were you dissatisfied or satisfied with the outcome?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.