Centro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Centro Interview Questions

Interviews at Centro

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

Phone Screen, then panel interviews with potential colleagues (over a few hours), then final interview with hiring manager. The team was very friendly and the recruiter kept me in the loop throughout the process.

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Had a video interview. The questions popped up on the screen and i had 30 seconds to answer. It was very quick and easy. Only took around 20 minutes from start to finish.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

A recruiter from their California office reached out to me on LinkedIn regarding a Data engineer role in Chicago and asked me for a time to have a phone call. I gave a time but he never called. I followed up after couple of days and we scheduled another call. He went over my resume and gave me a brief intro about the company and role and said a recruiter from Chicago will reach out to me regarding next steps. I waited for few days but no one from the company reached out. I followed up again but the recruiter never replied back. I wonder why recruiter wastes their LinkedIn InMail and our time if they never want to hire someone.

Interview Questions

Centro Response

10 Apr 2020 – Centro

Thank you so much for this feedback and we regret that this was your first experience of Centro! We don’t have any internal recruiting team members in California, so it sounds like an independent recruiting firm may have reached out to you on our behalf. We always try to work with great partners that represent us well, and are saddened to hear this one missed the mark. If you’re still interested in a conversation with our internal team, I know they would love to hear from you. Please feel free to reach out to Eric at eric.bohl@centro.net to connect, or if you have additional feedback around your experience, you can email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Digital Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The Process took 3 weeks. After I applied, I was contacted by a recruiter with 5 days. Schedule a phone interview and had a panel interview 1 week later. The team was very professional and respectful during the process. A plus was the diverse team. Even though i didn't receive an offer. I will apply again in the future due to my positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work experience.   1 Answer

10 Apr 2020 – Centro

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us! Candidate experience is so important to us and it’s wonderful to hear that you appreciated the respectful, professional, and diverse team that you met with. We’re sure they loved meeting you too 😊 We look forward to keeping in touch for any future opportunities that may be a mutual fit. Feel free to email your recruiter or talent.acquisition@centro.net directly to check in!

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Process was about 1 month plus 2-3 weeks. I went through four interviews; two phone screenings, coffee meeting with the accounts payable manager, then met the team. Manager said she highly recommended me, but I guess they met someone they preferred more. I had no accounting experience other than my associates degree. Their response was "they didn't think i'd be a good fit because of my lack of experience" which was something they knew, yet still put me through four interviews. I emailed the recruiter asked if there was anything I could work on or tips; she didn't reply (even though she said "keep in touch"). Lesson learned, regardless of the reviews; it's just another company, and wasn't a very diverse one either.

Interview Questions

• What colour would best describe you   Answer Question
    • Going to school and working a full-time job. Is this something you can handle?   Answer Question
    • what management style would you best work with?   Answer Question
    • tell me what an accounts payable coordinator does from your perspective?   Answer Question

Ad Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process (from first phone interview to in-office interviews) was kind of long, but that was expected since it started and ended around the holidays. Unfortunately, I was not offered the job due to COVID-19 and other internal reasons, but I have to say both the recruiter and the Dallas manager were completely transparent and kept me updated throughout the whole process. Granted, companies aren't obligated to do this much for potential hires, but it was refreshing to come across one that made me feel more like a human and less like chopped liver during these hard time. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed my in office interviews as well. Everyone was super nice and engaging which in turn made it feel less "interviewy". Fingers crossed for an opportunity post pandemic and a huge THANK YOU to everyone I got to meet! ;)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

After one phone call with the Chicago office and another with the Boston office, I was asked to visit the Boston office for 4 interviews between 6 people. Everyone was super personable and seemed to truly love where they worked.

Interview Questions

Centro Response

26 Feb 2020 – Centro

Welcome to Centro! Thank you for the feedback about your interview process with us. The Boston office is one of a kind and our people there are so passionate – we’re glad you’re a part of the team! If you would like to share any other feedback about your interview process, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me with this role. I had a phone screen with the VP of Engineering. We talked about my current role, and then she asked me some Spark and SQL related questions. Heard back from the recruiter the next day that they would like me to come onsite. Had 5 rounds of onsite, 45 minutes each. Overall experience of interviewing was good, but I didn't hear back from them for about a week. On asking the recruiter, I found that they'd need some more time as they were interviewing other candidates. Some kind of communication to let me know would have been nice. They made an offer eventually, but I decided to accept another offer I had.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Scala, Spark, SQL with joins   Answer Question
    • Scala function to find the last element of a list using tail recursion   1 Answer
    • Questions about my current role, issues faced running Cassandra, Kafka and Spark in production   Answer Question
    • Delete duplicates in a sorted array   Answer Question

6 Dec 2019 – Centro

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience with us! We’re happy to hear that your experience was a positive one overall and hope you enjoyed speaking to the team. We know that timely communication is important as candidates navigate multiple interview processes, and even though the timing didn’t work out for this role, we hope to keep in touch and thank you for understanding that we try to take our time to find the right mutual fit. If you’d like to share additional feedback or comments, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Agency Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screen by the independent recruiter who contacted me about the role, followed by four phone calls, an in-person meeting, then a trip to Dallas to meet additional team members and interview with each of them (total of 6 people). Throughout the process; I was asked behavioral questions, experience questions, and questions about how I'd be successful in this role. In addition, I was asked to pitch for them to see how well I was able to present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you had a disagreement with your manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

16 Aug 2019 – Centro

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience with us! We’re glad it was a positive one and are thrilled that you joined the team in Dallas. We hope your time with us is off to a great start! Feel free to email us at tellusmore@centro.net if you have anything else to add.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

The first step was to complete a one-sided video interview. Then, I was invited to the office for an in-person interview. 15 other applicants were also there. They gave us a tour of the office, presentations about the different departments/positions, and fed us lunch. It was unlike any other interview I've done before. As I networked with the other candidates it seemed like I was just as qualified, but most of them had close ties to the company. I figured they ended up pursuing those candidates instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

5 Jun 2019 – Centro

We appreciate you taking the time to interview for our internship program and sharing your experience with our process! We’re glad you found the interview process to be unique and that you were able to network with other applicants. We were lucky enough to have many qualified candidates for our program this summer and hope you stay in touch for future opportunities with us! Please email us at tellusmore@centro.net if you have any additional feedback.

- EVP, Talent and Development

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.