Centro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Centro Interview Questions

Interviews at Centro

2.9

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

A recruiter from their California office reached out to me on LinkedIn regarding a Data engineer role in Chicago and asked me for a time to have a phone call. I gave a time but he never called. I followed up after couple of days and we scheduled another call. He went over my resume and gave me a brief intro about the company and role and said a recruiter from Chicago will reach out to me regarding next steps. I waited for few days but no one from the company reached out. I followed up again but the recruiter never replied back. I wonder why recruiter wastes their LinkedIn InMail and our time if they never want to hire someone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

After one phone call with the Chicago office and another with the Boston office, I was asked to visit the Boston office for 4 interviews between 6 people. Everyone was super personable and seemed to truly love where they worked.

Interview Questions

Centro Response

26 Feb 2020 – Centro

Welcome to Centro! Thank you for the feedback about your interview process with us. The Boston office is one of a kind and our people there are so passionate – we’re glad you’re a part of the team! If you would like to share any other feedback about your interview process, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me with this role. I had a phone screen with the VP of Engineering. We talked about my current role, and then she asked me some Spark and SQL related questions. Heard back from the recruiter the next day that they would like me to come onsite. Had 5 rounds of onsite, 45 minutes each. Overall experience of interviewing was good, but I didn't hear back from them for about a week. On asking the recruiter, I found that they'd need some more time as they were interviewing other candidates. Some kind of communication to let me know would have been nice. They made an offer eventually, but I decided to accept another offer I had.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Scala, Spark, SQL with joins   Answer Question
    • Scala function to find the last element of a list using tail recursion   1 Answer
    • Questions about my current role, issues faced running Cassandra, Kafka and Spark in production   Answer Question
    • Delete duplicates in a sorted array   Answer Question

6 Dec 2019 – Centro

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience with us! We’re happy to hear that your experience was a positive one overall and hope you enjoyed speaking to the team. We know that timely communication is important as candidates navigate multiple interview processes, and even though the timing didn’t work out for this role, we hope to keep in touch and thank you for understanding that we try to take our time to find the right mutual fit. If you’d like to share additional feedback or comments, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Agency Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screen by the independent recruiter who contacted me about the role, followed by four phone calls, an in-person meeting, then a trip to Dallas to meet additional team members and interview with each of them (total of 6 people). Throughout the process; I was asked behavioral questions, experience questions, and questions about how I'd be successful in this role. In addition, I was asked to pitch for them to see how well I was able to present.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you had a disagreement with your manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

16 Aug 2019 – Centro

Thank you for reviewing your interview experience with us! We’re glad it was a positive one and are thrilled that you joined the team in Dallas. We hope your time with us is off to a great start! Feel free to email us at tellusmore@centro.net if you have anything else to add.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

The first step was to complete a one-sided video interview. Then, I was invited to the office for an in-person interview. 15 other applicants were also there. They gave us a tour of the office, presentations about the different departments/positions, and fed us lunch. It was unlike any other interview I've done before. As I networked with the other candidates it seemed like I was just as qualified, but most of them had close ties to the company. I figured they ended up pursuing those candidates instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

5 Jun 2019 – Centro

We appreciate you taking the time to interview for our internship program and sharing your experience with our process! We’re glad you found the interview process to be unique and that you were able to network with other applicants. We were lucky enough to have many qualified candidates for our program this summer and hope you stay in touch for future opportunities with us! Please email us at tellusmore@centro.net if you have any additional feedback.

- EVP, Talent and Development

Digital Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centro in May 2019.

Interview

I was referred to this job opening by 3 different people, one of them that actually works high up in the company. I had many conversations with these people and they said I would be perfect for this role, so I was extremely excited for the interview process. I had to apply online and it took several weeks for HR to actually get back to me and the employees said that HR was one of their worst departments, esp. because they don't get back to you in a timely manner. I finally set up a call interview and it was just a pre-screening and talking to a recruiter at the main HQ (which is not where I was going to be actually working). The phone call was VERY odd. I could not hear the woman at all and when I told her this, she said she could hear me perfectly so to carry on with the interview. Every time I would answer there would be a long pause (about 10 secs ... which is awkward) and she would respond oddly in a way that she wasn't listening to what I had just said. She also kept repeating the same questions. After that call, I didn't receive any update for about a month which said they wanted to pursue another candidate.

Interview Questions

Centro Response

15 Jul 2019 – Centro

Thank you so much for getting in touch. We’re disappointed to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your phone interview or the follow up from the recruiting team. We try to ensure that all of our applicants have a positive experience with us – which includes timely follow up and a constructive two-way interview process. We would love to learn more about the specifics of your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

This process was very efficient yet friendly. They ask majority of behavioral questions. It seemed that their overall goal was to determine if you are a team player and what type of work culture you would fit best in while also applying your given skills.

Interview Questions

• How do I act within a team environment?   1 Answer

17 May 2019 – Centro

Thank you for sharing your experience with our internship program! We’re so glad that you could join the program and are glad the interview process was efficient and enjoyable. Our internship program is one of our best assets and we thoroughly enjoy hearing from all the candidates. If you’d like to add additional feedback, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Interview

The overall interview process was great and (almost) everyone was very nice and professional. Questions were very fair. The one thing I will say is the recruiter was one of the least professional and rudest people I've ever spoken to, recruiters or just plain humans. The only way I can describe her interviewing style is AWFUL and straight up disrespectful. I saw this mentioned in a couple other reviews, and felt the need to confirm its truth. Candidates should not be treated this way. Not to mention being stood up during scheduled times and not asking about salary at the beginning, which felt like wasting both sides' time because expectations were not aligned.

Interview Questions

• Homework assignment and expanding upon the homework assignment in person   Answer Question

20 Mar 2019 – Centro

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. A raving fan candidate experience including a positive and professional experience with all interviewers is a huge priority here at Centro, and we’re disappointed to hear you did not have that experience. We’d love to learn more about the specifics of your experience. Please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with SR.recruiter who is from Chicago. It was about 40 minutes of behavioral questions. After two weeks I heard the rejection email

Interview Questions

Centro Response

17 May 2019 – Centro

We appreciate you applying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback about your interview experience! Please be sure to stay in touch with our recruiting team and if you have any additional feedback, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

Digital Media Associate Interview

Interview

The recruiter was easy-going and comfortable to speak with. They were very genuine in their approach and interested in my background. I thought it went very well - even if it didn't i enjoyed the conversation and it was good experience! The recruiter actually wanted to talk about my experience and my goals for the future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here // why are you interested in this company?   Answer Question
    • What digital platforms are you familiar with? What was your experience like with them?   Answer Question

18 Apr 2019 – Centro

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your interview experience with Centro! We’re glad you enjoyed the conversation with your recruiter – we love talking to candidates and are genuinely excited to learn more about their experiences and goals. Please stay in touch with our team and if you have any additional feedback, please email us at tellusmore@centro.net.

EVP, Talent and Development

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.