Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Cerner

2.7

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

3 rounds. Together with our clients, we are creating a future where the health care system works to improve the well-being of individuals and communities. By designing leading-edge health information technology, we offer strategies that empower organizations to know, manage and engage their populations

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard, easy enough, they flew us out to Kansas City, Missouri, gave us a tour of the campus and did some presentations. They really did a good job selling the company. Had a one on one interview and then went home.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you don't know how to do something?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short. Phone interview to discuss.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call two weeks later for a phone interview. About another two weeks later I interviewed at the WHQ campus. All candidates met in a large meeting room where we watched a presentation about the company. We were then able to ask questions. From there we broke off to complete the interviews. I interviewed with two different people. They were basic interview questions. Exactly two weeks later I was given a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We were able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

This was around spring of 2013, but from what I hear the process is relatively the same.

1.) Did a phone interview in February. It was very cheerful and the recruiter opened up very comfortably. She asked me 3 basic behavioral questions. First one was "What attracted you to apply here" followed by "Name a time when you were put under pressure and had to resolve it" and lastly "Name a time when you had to teach someone about technology"

2.) This was followed with a paid for onsite interview (I believe they mostly do Skype interviews as of 2014 and onward). Our interview group had dinner the first night that was paid for by the company where an employee from the Cerner got to sit at each table and answer our questions about what they do company culture, etc. The following day, we start with interviews which are only a little tougher than the phone interview. The dress is business jeans casual, and relatively relaxed. Two interviewers for 45 minutes each asked 3 behavioral questions. My last interview at the very end asked what I like to do for fun, and he got really into my hobby. The rest of our interview ended on a good note after that and I actually ended up getting his email.

3.) A few weeks later I got the acceptance letter via email, and the rest is history. My salary negotiation was standard, but I've noticed if you work 1 or 2 years out of college the pay is bumped up just a little higher than average by 1k or 2k.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a client was being difficult, and how did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview process especially exceeded my expectations. It was an amazing interview. my hiring process was very smooth. I was told everything upfront about my contract and role i was accepted for. I appreciated the upfront knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at my university following a resume swap at a career fair. A few weeks later, I traveled to Cerner's campus in KC for a second interview. I was offered the job a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions -- they want to know that you're capable of being a consultant... they'll train you on all of the technical stuff.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I applied online with a submission of a resume and cover letter. I got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview 2 days later. Phone interview with the recruiter was really easy going. The recruiter allowed me to answer any questions I had and answered all of them. At the end of phone interview, I was invited to experience Cerner day. (Will update after I attend).

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the website. A recruiter contacted me via email on the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of some situational questions and a lot of applying prior experience to this job. At the end of the interview, the recruiter informed me that they were going to send me some information regarding "Experience Cerner Day." Upon reading the information and filling out some more questions, I selected an Experience Cerner Day (which is always on a Fridays). They flew me out to KC on a Thursday afternoon and have you stay in a hotel in downtown. The next day another recruiter comes on a bus to pick up all of the applicants in the hotel lobby, and they give you a small tour of KC. The final step is when they take you to Cerner World Headquarters in North Kansas City where they give an overview of the position, then you go through 2 interviews back to back that last 30 minutes apiece with 2 different Cerner associates. After the interview they have about a 30 minute Q&A with 2 associates who have gone through this process and worked for Cerner for at least a year. This part was informal and doesn't necessarily count against you in the process if you don't have any questions, but there was some valuable information exchanged during this time. After that they take you back to the airport if you flew in, or they take you back to your car at the hotel if you drove there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation at work / school when the outcome didn't come out as planned.   1 Answer

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is long but not very difficult. I met with three different people for 30 mins each. I think it would be less tedious and time consuming if they did panel interviews instead.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Very easy. One phone interview with an immediate invitation for an onsite interview the next week. Found out decision about 2 weeks later. I even forgot to fill out part of the application and still got job.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tell us about a time questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have too many people they can hire so they have no need to negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.