Chambers and Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chambers and Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at Chambers and Partners

2.9

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in August 2020.

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted by email and invited to discuss the role and my previous experience over the phone. Just under a week later I was invited to a video call interview with two senior members of staff. Prior to the interview I was asked to submit a short written exercise of 300 words which required me to explain what I knew about Chambers and what I hoped to achieve during my career with the company. During the interview we discussed my experience, skills, and suitability for the role and I had the opportunity to ask questions about the organisation and the role. I received an offer the day after the interview. I found the people I was in touch with to be friendly and professional throughout.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience and skills.   1 Answer

Unpublished Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIN and was contacted by email about two days later. After a short chat with the Talent Adviser over the phone, Chambers invited me for an interview in their office (a very nice place).
    First, there was a short transcription test, the 15 minutes was definitely enough time to write it comfortably and without any stress. This was followed by a 15-minute interview - we talked about my past work experience and my motivation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Chambers?
      What is you dream job?
      How do you deal with multiple deadlines?   Answer Question

Unpublished Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners.

Interview

For the first 15 minutes they give you a test which is really simple, they ask you to transcribe a paragraph which has numerous errors in it into something that is error-free and readable. The next 15 minutes they have a chat about the job and what they are looking for and ask you a few questions

Interview Questions

• If there was something that you did not agree with when it comes to the writing style guide what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process took form of an open day with a group exercise where a variety of competency and behavioural tasks were presented, this was followed by two sets of interviews. The first round of the interviews was with a member of HR which was mostly a CV driven interview which was followed by a competency and situational interview with a deputy editior.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Two hours of a group chat among which we had a single group exercise.
    Really nice and cool environment.
    The second part of the interview it is articulated in two different face-to-face interviews.
    I did not been selected for the job, which put me in the position to don't deliver any advice to how to face these type of interview. Overall I can say, great experience, I would have enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

• Which skill do you think you can bring to Chambers and Partners?   Answer Question

Legal Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview was about 4 hours long, but very pleasant. We were interviewed first in a team of 6. We had to complete a group exercise, where they tested how good we are with team work and communication. Then we were each individually interviewed by our future line managers, who were very welcoming. Then we had a lunch break where we had the opportunity to have a more casual chat with the other interviewees and the team working at Chambers. Lastly, the HR lady also interviewed us individually. Overally, the whole team and environment was very casual and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about yourself
      - Why would you like to work at Chambers and Partner
      - Tell us about your hobbies
      - How do you manage your time/priorities
      - Why did you choose to study your degree   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online with my CV and Cover Letter. After a short telephone conversation, I completed a verbal reasoning test and a short written exercise which was 500 words. Following this I was invited to interview in August.

After reading some of the previous reviews, I was a little nervous going to interview at Chambers but I had a lovely experience! The interview is presented as an Open Day and on the day I was with seven other people interviewing for the role. The beginning of the day started with an introductory talk about Chambers, the role and their values. After this we did an icebreaker activity and had a short group exercise before breaking for lunch. Following this, we sat in office and waited for our interviews to begin.

Everyone has two interviews: a CV interview and a competency interview. Both went well, they have a list of questions to ask you and they’ll write down your answers as you’re talking. The questions are not difficult, the people interviewing are really great and although they have a set list of questions, they are genuinely interested in what you have to say.

After the interview, we heard back two working days later and I accepted their offer.

Contract Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Relaxed interview with their Head of Development in London. He described the work they are looking to do and then went through my experience with different technologies in recent roles and asked design based questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

It felt relaxed and natural and never intimidating. Due to the style of the interview being an 'open-day', I got to meet other people who would be joining at the same time. There was free lunch.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chambers and Partners (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Chambers and Partners' interview process is a three-step process, beginning with a phone conversation with HR, followed by an assessment day and finishing with an interview with your potential boss. Before the assessment day, I had done my research looking at former reviews on Glassdoor, pretty much all of which were negative. I'm happy to report that since the change in ownership, Chambers' interview process is much improved. I, somewhat bizarrely, actually had a really pleasant day, met some interesting people and left with a great impression of the place.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.