Charles River Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr 2019

Sort:

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Went through the resume and asked detailed questions, and ask what questions I wanted to ask ; Describe your first internship experience; your experience with database; how do you use SQL to process data

Interview Questions

• Describe your first internship experience; your experience with database; how do you use SQL to process data   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a bit over the place. On the day of the onsite interview, they did not have a room I could interview in and they had me moving all around the office. However, interviewers were good.

They called me the next week and extended me the offer. Two weeks after that, they just called and withdrew the offer which was extremely surprising. The reason given me to was that they had found someone else.

They are a mid sized company but behaved in an extremely unprofessional and an unethical manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

First phone interview. Then on site. 4 interviews, 1 analytic test and 1 writing test.
    HR was efficient and friendly, the interviews were arranged in an effective and convenient form. The interviews were conducted in a casual manner, which were mixed with technical and behavioral questions. The interviewers are nice but a bit unprofessional. Just one of them remembered to bring a business card.

Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Charles River Development in May 2018.

Interview

Pathetic process. Got a mail from an HR for a 30min technical screening round. She was literally reading questions out of a sheet. Some answers were subjective and I have no idea how she would have understood my technical answers.
    She later on asked if I have C experience, I said I have worked in C++, not C per se. But after the interview I opened the job description again, and realized she was asking for C#.
     Terrible terrible process. Glad didnt get any further calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter on the phone for a phone screening, and they took about 4 weeks to get back to me. After this, a phone call with an engineer was arranged. The individual was highly unpleasant and acted like I was wasting his time, despite answering the questions about 90% correctly. After this call, the recruiter did not reach out to me, and ignored my multiple attempts to contact them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was provided transportation to their headquarters in Burlington for 5 back-to-back interviews, roughly 30 minutes each. Everyone was extremely nice and pleasant to talk to. The interview questions weren't too hard, but by no means simple either. It's definitely worth brushing up on anything you haven't touched upon recently.

Interview Questions

• Just about anything you learned from classes is fair game. Object-oriented programming/design, data structures, algorithms, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with HR after which I was sent a coding challenge to solve. After solving the test, the development team took about 3 days to review it and then I got an email from HR that they are moving forward with my application and wanted to setup a technical phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled to be 30minutes long. But it was the worst experience I've ever had with an interviewer. He asked me why I'm looking for a new opportunity. When I explained him that I wanted to grow as a Java developer and my previous employer didn't have any Java work. He was just disappointed by that answer(I was like isn't this role about Java programming?). After that it was basically me listening him for the next 5 minutes on how I made a bad decision and telling me that I shouldn't prefer just one technology. I'm a developer and I think I have every right to chose which technology stack I want to work with. After that, he asked me two questions related to Java version changes. There were no data structure questions, no algorithms, no live coding. Two questions and 15minutes later he decides to end the interview. A day later, I get an email that they will not be moving forward with my application. One of my friend who was also interviewed by the same person had a similar experience and I feel the company should do something about this to provide a better experience for future candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Went to the career fair and they immediately invited me to interview onsite. They provided transportation and a room for the night. The interview consisted of 5 1 on 1 technical interviews and an hour long logic exam. The interviews went by fast with no break in between.

Interview Questions

• The interviews had the following topics: Code testing, object oriented design questions, java questions, algorithms using arrays, and behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Initial phone screen of Java and SQL questions, followed by an in person interview in 4 sections, mostly technical. There was a section of logical questions called an analytical test, but the other 3 sections were mainly basic algorithm questions, nothing too bad. The staff was very friendly and I felt I did well, but unfortunately didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence as a character array, reverse the order of the words in the sentence.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

Interview

I reached the recruiter in CRD, and she matched me between teams. I got a phone screen with the team leader and we talked a lot about my previous experience. Then the leader asked me questions in the middle about the knowledge I used.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.