Charles Tyrwhitt Head Office Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Charles Tyrwhitt

1 Interview Review

Head Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles Tyrwhitt (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Asked to come in at 7:30am, waited in reception until someone came along as there was no one there.
Frankly I felt it was rude and the way I was spoken to matched that, if you don’t like where someone has worked previously or where they studied then why waste their time asking them to come in as it’s clearly on my C.V.
It was commented on twice how everyone who works there dresses appropriately so I took that as a not so subtle dig at how I was dressed. White shirt, black trousers and black smart shoes but I guess they have a standard I wasn’t made aware of. I felt spoken down to on a few occasions and that is not the way to treat someone that has come in for an interview, I didn’t do anything wrong but felt I wasn’t their ‘type of person’.
I was asked several questions about my background and what experience I had but that was totally forgotten about as my feedback claimed I had no experience in that field and in fact I apparently refuse to do that type of work which is such a lie. I don’t know if HR just gave me some random feedback because that wasn’t what I said at all in the interview.

I left the interview and knew straightaway I wasn’t successful due to how I was spoken to and treated. I felt the person that interviewed me was a snob.

Interview Questions

Charles Tyrwhitt Response

20 Nov 2019 – Recruitment Specialist - Head Office

Dear Candidate,

Oh dear, we can't pretend this didn't hurt and we're saddened to receive such a negative review.

This really doesn't sound like a typical Tyrwhitt experience and so this is something we'd like to investigate further. If you'd feel comfortable doing so, please reach out to us at thehomeofproperjobs@ctshirts.co.uk so that we can take this forward.

Best Wishes

Team CT

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.