Checkout.com Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 392 of over 392 interviews

Recruiter16%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Checkout.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com in Feb 2022

Interview

It started with a first call from the People team, just to align interests and expectations. It was followed by a take-home technical test and, after succeeding on doing it, a call with the interviewing team is scheduled. This was a very easy-going technical interview, where I really felt comfortable even when I didn't have an immediate answer to a question - at some point, it became an healthy discussion as if I was already part of the team. At last, a very welcoming a cultural/behavioural interview, where I could find more about the work-life balance of the company.

Interview Questions
  • An hackerrank-like take-home test; Technical questions regarding experience with common used backend technologies; A simple bank-operations platform architecture white board assessment.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Checkout.com

Application

I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

3 step 2 Hr calls, and one task with presentation, needed to be presented to a team of the division, mainly saying how to target your possible customers, as well as stating some plausible customers

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Checkout.com~837487
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England)

Interview

Four Interviews in total. First interview with talent acquisition this is to tell you more about the role and informal chat about you. Second interview with your prospective manager. Two separate interviews with a different team member. The interview experience throughout I found to be very pleasant, kept informed throughout, very fast feedback. My interviewers on each occasion asked about me and what I wanted in a role , they took the time to find out about who it was they were interviewing and what I was passionate about. Interviewers really wanted you to do well. There were a few technical questions that mainly consisted of scenarios and problems that you would likely come across in your day to day duties, two way conversation designed to gauge how you think about solutions. No out there questions designed to trip you up, all questions were relevant to my role. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What do you want in your next job. Q: What projects or tech have you worked in your spare time Q: Tell me about yourself and what you have been doing Q: What services you have experience with in AWS

Checkout.com

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

Referred by an ex-colleague for a role, didn't hear anything for 2 weeks so followed up with referrer, she chased and 5 minutes later I receive an auto-generated system email telling me I hadn't been successful. No outreach from recruitment after having been referred from within the business for a senior role.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Checkout.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

Introductory HR screen where they talk about the company. At this point it all seems ok. However the person from HR doesnt seem very confident in judging what a software engineer actually is. Asked whether a developer can do what a software engineer does. This seemed to me like a very broke hiring system where any slight word change and they lose all ability to make a judgement on a candidates CV/profile. Moreover, they didnt seem to understand the differences in types of programming roles out there. After chasing for my take home a week later, this company has decided to ignore me. No response. Apparently it's ok to ghost a candidate who has already put more than 4 hours into their process. Totally broken.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a developer and a software engineer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Checkout.com (Dubai)

Interview

Unfair, they just choose as per your looks and nationality, its not about what skills you have obtained. this is one of the things that they look at, they support everything but this is wrong

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

There were 3 rounds which all took place within two hours. 1st Round - code review round, took only half an hour 2nd round - with the recruiter, half hour 3rd round - system design one hour. Code review round was ok. Did not see much counter questions or in depth technical discussions. Was smooth Recruiter round was almost unnecessary, because the recruiter had been talking to me since the start of process and already had most of the answers and this round was just a repeitition and a time waste in short. Had it been with the hiring manager, I would have get to know more about the team and the work being done. 3rd round was the most robotic round ever. There were 2 managers, out of which one manager did not talk at all throughout the interview except asking one last database related question. Most likely was a shadow interviewer. I tried to talk to them to know what kind of answer they are looking for, asked various system design intial questions about the usage,scalability etc. and all i got was blank expression and silence. HLD interviews are basically known to be open ended and it is expected to be a 2 way discussion about what can work and what can be the failure points. This interview was not at all like that. They were just expecting a perfect system without anything getting missed and without even giving their perspective. The interviewers did not even ask anything about my background, what I have done till now, how have I tackled such system design related questions throughout my experience. No such conversation ever happened. Overall not a very positive interview. Everything seemed mechanical.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

Interview

The process took four long stages: 1. Spoken to HR. General "get to know you" phase and seeing if you are a good fit which is standard process as well an opportunity to ask questions for yourself. 2. Short technical questions. Based on point 3 this is arguably needed IMO. As well an opportunity to ask question from technical person. 3. Once again a technical interview for around 1.5h. 4. Take home assignment. The assignment is quite big and for people who have to do their usual job this takes a lot of energy away as you must essentially dedicate time after work to do so, which means you don't have much energy for correct decision here. 5. 2h long architecture discussion. Which does make sense for a senior position. You could just have more in depth stage 2-3 and then skip to stage 5. Stage 4 is long and tiresome. Does not add any filtering, you could ask it out on stage 2-3 combined. In combination this took around a month from application to getting an offer. The process is not smooth and seems a bit odd in places, repetitive and long. Most likely you will get a generous offer if you are good, but expect it to take a while, would recommend having a parallel interview process running on the side. The people you interview with are really positive and nice - from this point I got a good sense of the culture in place.

Interview Questions
  • What architecture would you have in place for your home assignment?
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Very smooth, well organized and structured. Very easy to follow the process and with constant feedback. Conversations with various interviewers were straight to the point. You can see they focus a lot on making you feel comfortable as a potential candidate for their organization and that employee retention is one of their main focuses.

Interview Questions
  • Business case - data analysis focused on growth optimization

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview was well planned and communication about the day and time was sent well before the interview date. The interview format was well structured. The questions asked was relevant to the role adverstised.

Interview Questions
  • Experience in working with Excel and manipulating large volume of data.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

5 stages over the course of one month. - Recruiter screen - Chat with Engineering Manager - 45 minute system design with two seniors - Take home - Chat with Engineering Manager and HR. One of the longest interview processes I've taken part in. However, having worked for companies that hire after one or two rounds with minimal technical screening and experienced the result of that, the thorough process gives me confidence in knowing I will be working with the right people. I also was able to accept the offer after chatting to multiple people and getting a very good understanding of what it is like to work at checkout.com. Communication at all stages was excellent. Everyone I met at each stage was genuinely a pleasure to chat with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 392 Interviews

Checkout.com Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Checkout.com as 85.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.01 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Success Manager and Senior Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Checkout.com takes an average of 24 days when considering 398 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Sales Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 27 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Checkout.com according to 398 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 22.66%