Checkout.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Checkout.com Interview Questions

Interviews at Checkout.com

2.7

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Checkout.com.

Interview

The process was very positive - I was able to talk to people from many different levels of the company, and discuss a full understanding of the job, and of my abilities. Everyone was very friendly, and clearly very satisfied working at checkout.com

Interview Questions

• If a bug had made it to production, and a fix was ready that had to be deployed in 3 hours, how would you test the fix to ensure that it's working and is going to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Checkout.com.

Interview

Checkout applied to interview me.

I graciously accepted, and asked a few introductory questions. The Checkout.com person blatantly ignored them and sent me a very terse "ok we'll call you at X tomorrow".

I waited until that time, had my headphones in, waited for my phone to ring - as per the calendar invite - someone was to call me on my cell.

A few minutes after the interview "started", I received an email with a zoom link. I of course, didn't see this in time, so I replied, apologising, but asking for clarification.

The person came back with a reply that can only be deemed snarky, implying that I was a) not aware of zoom, and b) unable to read.

This demonstrated a serious lack of professionalism and I couldn't help but question whether this is the sort of place it'd be worth taking my talents.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Was initially contacted via LinkedIn and had the initial HR screening. Then had a call with a senior engineer, which if successful at that point went onto providing a technical challenge which you have a week to complete (API based challenge). After which the challenge was reviewed and if successful had a final round of interviews which lasted 2 hours with various people ranging from dev team, managers and HR.

Enjoyable interview process, kept in the loop always. Quick turnaround time.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Within few hours after applying online I received the email saying that they are interested in my application and would like to have a chat as they have many roles open within marketing and wanted to discuss these with me.

I replied immediately saying my availability over the next few days. We agreed to have a call today, at 11.30.

I organised my day so I can have a call, and 2 minutes (!) before the interview I received an email (not even a call) saying that my interview has been cancelled as they made offer for this position. Not a word mentioning "various roles" that we were supposed to discuss.

Rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked as the interview was cancelled 2 minutes before the schedule.   Answer Question

Checkout.com Response

3 Mar 2020 – Head of People

Hi there,

First of all, thank you for sending through this feedback on your interview experience.

Here at Checkout.com we are committed to delivering the best experience possible, so these comments are really helpful for us to know.

We always try to be as responsive and transparent as possible with our candidates as we appreciate their time is very valuable, so we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t feel we lived up to that in this instance.

We can appreciate your frustration having made yourself available for a call that was cancelled, especially when under the assumption you were going to be discussing ‘various roles’, rather than one specific position. We always try to be as responsive and transparent as possible with our candidates as we consider their time is very valuable; so we’re sorry to hear that our commitment to provide you an open and swift update on your application made you feel undervalued. Our aim was clearly the opposite.

We always take feedback onboard and act upon it as soon as we can to make sure we keep improving. So thanks again for your time on this.

Louis - Head of People.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Checkout.com in February 2020.

Interview

The whole interview process is a Phone call with a recruiter, Phone call with an Engineer Lead, NET brief to take at home, and the final is 2h Face to Face interview. The recruiter talked about this role and asked your background, .NET Core skill. It was fine to ask them some question and the result of first phone interview will get in three days.

Interview Questions

• Asked your background, .NET Core skill, developing environment   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

First stage was a phone screen with someone from HR. Just a general personality/background check, although he did ask a couple of basic technical questions.
    Second stage was a phone interview with someone from the QA department. Again this was mainly talking about my background, asking about stuff on my CV, asking a few questions about things I've done in my current job.
    Third stage was a remote pairing exercise with 2 of the lead QAs, where I was asked to do a couple of coding exercises they gave me. I was allowed to do this in my chosen language, despite it not being the language they use in the job.
    Last stage was in the office, where I had 3 rounds of interviews - 1. with 2 more QAs, 2. with a product owner, 3. with the VP of QA. These were all quite similar to before, just talking about my experience and so on.
    One thing to note is that I was emailing with the HR person to organise each of these stages, and he invited me to give feedback on every stage of the interview as we went. After the last stages of interviews I had a phone call with him, where he gave me the positive and negative feedback the various interviewers had given about me. I got the impression I would still have had this call and this level of feedback if I hadn't been offered the job.

Interview Questions

• A few questions about APIs, what do specific response codes mean etc. Lots of questions about what I do in my current role and how we work.   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

A straightforward and meaningful process - it didn't feel like I was made to jump through hoops. All questions were related to the role, and I got to meet a good range of people through the process, which made me excited at the prospect of joining.

Engineering Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

- I've been contacted by one of their HR recruiter on LinkedIn. She proposed me to organize a phone call in order to present me the position she's recruiting for and see if I might be a good fit. She gave me all the details she had regarding the company mindset, technology, products and the role position (Engineering Lead). She was very kind and it was a pleasure to talk to.

- Next step was a skype interview for one hour with the SVP of Engineering and a VP Engineering. We talked about my experience as a developer, and they asked technical questions regarding the technology I've worked with.

- They gave me a technical challenge to process within a week. The result was positive, but it took them more time to give me their feedback than the time I've spent to complete the test, something like 10 days.

- Face to face interview on-site when 2 Engineering Leads. That was an extremely interesting and pleasant interview. The guys were smart, cooperative, and challenged me on design/ architecture decisions. I really enjoyed it. The interview was split in 3 parts : 1/ Presentations 2/ Pull request review, see what's wrong with the code 3/ Design an architecture of a new API.

- Face to face interview with the CTO and the VP Product. That's where I've been told that an Engineering Lead position, in Checkout, will come with management responsibility and that's pretty important to them. The role will still require some coding, but that will be more like "I've written a piece of code, I've cracked it, now do something with it". I wasn't expecting that from an Engineering Lead position, I like to get my hands dirty and work with my team as a whole to bring the project alive. I'm not a huge fan of the management thing and it was not emphasized in the job spec. It was written "Lead and mentor teammates", and I'm all in with that.

I was offered the position of a Senior Software Engineer, with the possibility to update to the Principal Engineer position in some future. I've declined the offer, as it's not the role I was contacted for.

In the end, the recruiting process was extremely positive even though I've decided to not accept their offer. The HR person was very kind and reactive. They've paid the travel expenses as I was coming from France and they even upgraded me to the business premier :)

They've paid the expenses because I was coming from France, and they even upgraded me to the business class for the return!

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkout.com.

Interview

Pleasant and relatively quick. The people I talked to were kind and seem to be genuinely interested in the hiring process. Their strong emphasis on culture seem to be reflected in the recruitment process.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkout.com.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and recruiter has emailed me to schedule initial telephonic round. It was very good and she was happy that I have a good understanding over business processes at payment gateways and confirmed me about the second round of interview. But now they are not even responding to my emails and questions.

Recruiters don't understand the importance that Candidates give so much of time to understand their requirements and they only need to confirm whether they are interested in candidature or not.

Nine times I called but no one is even interested to receive the call so please think before applying because time is important.

My request to recruitment team is to confirm candidates about the status of their applicants. You can not just sit and relax after taking someone's 30 mins of time.

Or you don't want to answer candidates's questions.

Very Bad Experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.