Find jobs for Software Engineer

Checkout.com Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 385 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Checkout.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com in Feb 2022

Interview

It started with a first call from the People team, just to align interests and expectations. It was followed by a take-home technical test and, after succeeding on doing it, a call with the interviewing team is scheduled. This was a very easy-going technical interview, where I really felt comfortable even when I didn't have an immediate answer to a question - at some point, it became an healthy discussion as if I was already part of the team. At last, a very welcoming a cultural/behavioural interview, where I could find more about the work-life balance of the company.

Interview Questions
  • An hackerrank-like take-home test; Technical questions regarding experience with common used backend technologies; A simple bank-operations platform architecture white board assessment.
    Answer Question

Checkout.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

Introductory HR screen where they talk about the company. At this point it all seems ok. However the person from HR doesnt seem very confident in judging what a software engineer actually is. Asked whether a developer can do what a software engineer does. This seemed to me like a very broke hiring system where any slight word change and they lose all ability to make a judgement on a candidates CV/profile. Moreover, they didnt seem to understand the differences in types of programming roles out there. After chasing for my take home a week later, this company has decided to ignore me. No response. Apparently it's ok to ghost a candidate who has already put more than 4 hours into their process. Totally broken.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a developer and a software engineer?

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Checkout.com~837487
Join the conversation on

Checkout.com

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

There were 3 rounds which all took place within two hours. 1st Round - code review round, took only half an hour 2nd round - with the recruiter, half hour 3rd round - system design one hour. Code review round was ok. Did not see much counter questions or in depth technical discussions. Was smooth Recruiter round was almost unnecessary, because the recruiter had been talking to me since the start of process and already had most of the answers and this round was just a repeitition and a time waste in short. Had it been with the hiring manager, I would have get to know more about the team and the work being done. 3rd round was the most robotic round ever. There were 2 managers, out of which one manager did not talk at all throughout the interview except asking one last database related question. Most likely was a shadow interviewer. I tried to talk to them to know what kind of answer they are looking for, asked various system design intial questions about the usage,scalability etc. and all i got was blank expression and silence. HLD interviews are basically known to be open ended and it is expected to be a 2 way discussion about what can work and what can be the failure points. This interview was not at all like that. They were just expecting a perfect system without anything getting missed and without even giving their perspective. The interviewers did not even ask anything about my background, what I have done till now, how have I tackled such system design related questions throughout my experience. No such conversation ever happened. Overall not a very positive interview. Everything seemed mechanical.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

5 stages over the course of one month. - Recruiter screen - Chat with Engineering Manager - 45 minute system design with two seniors - Take home - Chat with Engineering Manager and HR. One of the longest interview processes I've taken part in. However, having worked for companies that hire after one or two rounds with minimal technical screening and experienced the result of that, the thorough process gives me confidence in knowing I will be working with the right people. I also was able to accept the offer after chatting to multiple people and getting a very good understanding of what it is like to work at checkout.com. Communication at all stages was excellent. Everyone I met at each stage was genuinely a pleasure to chat with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Feb 2022

Interview

The entire team during my interview was extremely friendly and welcoming. The process started with a short chat with the recruiter, and followed up with a take-home coding test in Next.js. After this, there's a code review with two members of the team, a chat around work culture and values, and finally a chat on leadership and working style.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Dec 2021

Interview

I had an initial discussion with the internal recruiter on LinkedIn, this then led to a phone call interview discussing general questions about my suitability for the role. Following on from this, the main bulk of the interview consisted of the following stages: 1) Technical Interview with an Engineering Lead: this is based on technical questions around system design concepts and my experience with architecture. 2) Design Interview: I was presented with a system to design and questions surrounding my design were asked. Here what's been looked at is reliability, performance, security etc.. 3) Take home code test which is payment system related API. There are no specific technical requirements here. You are given flexibility to see how you would go about it (if you want to do it properly, this does take up a lot of time). 4) Final technical interview: lots of questions around C#, .NET, Design Patterns

Interview Questions
  • - Idempotence related questions - Asynchronous programming - Garbage Collector - Webhooks

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Very quick interview process - less than three weeks! The technical interview was very enjoyable and people have been very open. I got the feeling I am going to learn a lot in CKO.

Interview Questions
  • Discussion about my past experience, general system design questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Had to to do an Online Technical Test first Then after that, I did a Cultural Interview involving the People team I had an additional Interview with the Team Manager The last interivew is the Technical Interview, where they ask you regarding your experience and also solve a problem with the interviewers

Interview Questions
  • Conversation regarding technical experience, approach, cultural questions, career progression/intentions

Checkout.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkout.com

Interview

1 easy hacker rank, 2 technical rounds after. They are a very cheap company. The offer was terrible 40k and no RSUs. It is funny how they kept showing a video of a guy who went sky diving because he won something in the company yet they don't offer their employees decent compensation. I don't understand how you can offer this to someone working in London as a Software Engineer. For a company with a 15bil evaluation it wouldn't kill them to give their employees some RSUs especially since they are going public soon. Culture at the company seems really micro managed as well.

Interview Questions
  • System design, general OOP, projects, work experience. No algos in person.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Checkout.com (London, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

I had an interview meeting at 9 AM but the interviewer joined the meeting at 9.2 AM with 2 minutes delay while his webcam was off, just told me: Sorry it seems you need visa sponsorship? He asked me this question while I was clearly mentioned that I need visa sponsorship in my profile and then asked about my nationality? It is the first time I see a company asking about nationality at a meeting which seems quite unprofessional!

Interview Questions
  • What is your nationality? Do you need Visa Sponsorship?
3 people found this interview helpful