Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron Phillips Chemical

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (College Station, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I went to an informational on campus the week before the career fair. I met with the head recruiter after the meeting, and they told me to apply before going to the career fair. I applied when I got back to my house, and went to the career fair that next week. I went to the career fair and met with the HR department, and the next day I got called for an interview. The interview was very behavioral question based interview. They told me that it would be 2-3 weeks, but did not hear that I didn't get the job until 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to overcome an obstacle in a professional setting that you have learned from and better your self professionally.   1 Answer
    • What is a way you can describe yourself   1 Answer

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2018.

Interview

I talked to them at my college job fair. They called me later that day to set up an interview date and time. It was a one on one interview and it took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a technical problem on your own and how you went about it.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2018.

Interview

Process was very quick. Met at the career fair, interviewed the next day for on campus interviews. The interview was not very conversational. It felt as of I was talking the whole time and the interviewer was just staring at me, but overall not a hard interview.

Entry Level Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (The Woodlands, TX (US)).

Interview

Recruitment is a process.

I applied through my university career site after meeting with a group of representatives at a career fair on campus. I was selected for an on-campus interview where I visisted separately with two managers a few days after the career fair.

About three weeks after on-campus interviews I was notified I was selected for an office interview. It consisted of lunch with two employees and then four rounds of interviews with different group managers which lasted approximately 30-45 minutes each.

Two weeks after the office interviews I was notified that I was not selected for the position.

Overall the experience was a great one. Everyone I interviewed with was pleasant and I feel this interview process helped prep me extensively for other interviews I have had since then.

Interview Questions

• On campus: Questions were basic conversational style. "Walk me through your resume' and "Tell me about yourself'.

Office: Behavioral type questions. "Tell me about a time you..." and "Give me an example of when..."   1 Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Lubbock, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied at university with recruiter. Received interview offer shortly after. Interviewed with two company reps. Most Interview questions were behavioral based except for my willingness to work in Houston and specific questions about my precious experience. Reviewed response within a week

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience at your summer internship (gas plant)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Champaign, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a career fair, called me that night to schedule an interview the next day. Was 30 minutes with an engineer analyst from the plant I'd be working at. Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you deviated from established practices to create something better?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Got the interview from a career fair, they called me the day after it ended for an interview the next day. It was about a 30-45 minute 1 on 1 interview and it was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had a hiccup in a plan, and and had to accommodate for it. What was the situation, what did you do and why, and how did it work out.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview after a career fair. It was a one on one, in person interview. I was asked several questions, had to submit my transcript, and was then given time to ask question. Interview described what I could expect moving forward.

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through my local school career fair. The first interview was a typical behavior style and a run me through your resume. Got an email two months later that they were pursing other individuals.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it.   Answer Question

Co-op Operator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in February 2017.

Interview

In the interview they asked alot of safety related scenario questions, what do I know about the company and why did I want to work there. I have heartfelt and sincere answers for all the questions, they said they felt like they were on the back porch talking to a friend, I prepared for this interview rigorously. I already knew what products the company made and how they made them, I already thought of every safety issue I had at previous jobs so I was ready for those questions.. Prepare, prepare and prepare... Answers should include safety and team work on every question if possible.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if 2 coworkers are having a conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because I have no experience just 2 degrees and this was for a Co op position until I graduate in may 2017