Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron Phillips Chemical

2.8

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Borger, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Borger, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

From application to interview was almost 2 months. The process is long. The interview was very relaxed and not intimidating. There were 6 interviewers that took turns asking questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. They were all very friendly and gave me a few seconds to collect my thoughts before answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you witnessed someone acting unsafe and what you did it address it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (College Station, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Generally went well. Guy was very laid back about the entire process. Several interviewers were interviewing other students in the same building. There was one extra person directing students to room who was up for chatting. Questions were not too hard, and the atmosphere was relaxed, but it was easy to see that they deal with hiring qualified individuals. I got a response within two weeks saying that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?   Answer Question
    • Imagine you had unit. More was flowing into the system than flowing out of it. What would you do?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Ames, IA (US)).

Interview

there were two interviews, one interview was one on one interview on campus, the other was also one on one but over the phone. I also had to do a drug screening and background test.

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweeny, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Sweeny, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an interview with 2 HR reps, a several lab supervisors, and I believe an executive. They all asked general past experience questions. I was not expecting a panel interview and was very nervous. I feel they could've let me know what to expect, but I guess fair is "just a place we take the kids in the fall." They were all nice, but I felt like none of them wanted to be there.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview experience was better than I imagined. They asked a standard set of questions. Took about an hour. They were looking for 4 Admins so had someone from each department plus HR personnel conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview they asked me if I wanted to provide any additional information about myself and why I thought I would be good for this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at my university. They interviewed multiple of us but also didn't hide the fact that they did. Pretty easy experience as the interviewer themselves were not too experienced.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

I applied for an internship at their headquarters in The Woodlands, TX. The process lasted about 2 months from my initial interview to signing the letter, with a total of 3 interviews (2 phone and one at my school in-person). Most questions were centered around behavior questions or personality questions. The overall experience was very positive and everyone I met was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a group project and not everyone participated? How did you handle it?   2 Answers

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweeny, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Sweeny, TX (US)).

Interview

Overall it was about a 2-3 month process from initial testing until a selection was made. After the aptitude test was the dreaded Cobra. If you've done any type of gauges before or can learn quickly fret not, it was actually kind of simple. My problem with the hiring process came at the interview phase...I went thru this whole process only to get an interview that seemed more like a formality than an actual opportunity. I had people yawning and what not showing complete lack of interest before I could even answer 1 question. I'm sure this is a good company for the chosen ones. Word to the wise though, don't even waste your time if you don't know someone who already works here or wasn't apart of their co-op program because in the end you won't even get as much as an email saying they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing for the past X amount of years?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Many redundant
    questions and one stressful and long day interview with a panel of the inadequate people whom are Biast and already have their mind set on whom they will hire. The overall experience was terrible

Interview Questions

• why should CPCHEM hire you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in October 2015.

Interview

I went to the career fair here at Texas Tech University last year, got the interview but I didn't get the job. I went this year, got the interview again. The recruiter asked mainly behavioral based questions. He said I'll be hearing from the company with a week or two and I did get an email and phone call from the HR guy asking for a second interview which was over the phone. He also asked behavioral based questions. He got back to me that week and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you seeked outside help to solve a problem and how did you go about it   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you resolved conflict with a teammate or coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was for an intern position. I don't know much about the negotiation process