Christie's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Christie's Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun 2018

2.6

Cataloger - American Paintings Interview

Interview

I applied online via Christies website. A few weeks later I received an email from the HR department a few weeks after I applied, unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to get an interview. But the process of applying was pretty easy.

Post Sale Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors, one of whom was late, leaving me to sit in the waiting area for 15 minutes. I'll admit I wasn't on my A-game for this interview- a few personal issues came up around my interview date, so I wasn't entirely focused on preparing. The interview itself was canned, with both people asking questions off their clipboards. The questions sounded like samples one would pull from a Google search. I take full responsibility for my less than stellar responses, but the inability to conduct an engaging interview in the first place was not my fault.

EA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

The interview process was a very positive experience. It began with a video interview, followed by a group/panel, and the final interview was with the manager. Good quality conversations with people that had been with the company for a very long time and could provide meaningful feedback and information.

Cataloger Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

The preliminary interview, rather than on the phone, is a digital interview. No speaking to a real human involved - only recording video of yourself with 30 seconds to see the question and 3 minutes to respond

Interview Questions

• Mainly standard interview questions, but with one curveball thrown in to speak about an artwork   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through an internal referral. The interview itself was a bit lengthy, but the interviewer was cordial and professional. Within a week or so I was able to get a response.

Cataloger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was invited to participate in a video interview within approximately 2 weeks of applying online. They gave us about 4 or 5 days to complete the interview. There was a practice question so that you could see how your lighting and everything was. The responses were recorded, you didn't speak with anyone directly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship at the Christie's Brussels office. The interview was very informal. I was interviewed by the Director and the Office Manager of the Brussels office. We went over my resume and they asked some basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed two weeks later over the phone. Interview was conducted by two interviewers, both were friendly and professional. The questions were pretty standard and lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in groups and how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

First step was a recorded video interview. It wasn't bad, took less than ten minutes. Next I went into their office and met with a couple of managers. It was very low key, no behavioral questions which I appreciate.

I wasn't chosen, but someone from HR called(!) me to let me know. It's really rare these days for a company to deign to tell a candidate they've been rejected, let alone over phone. Christies was a rare glimpse of humanity in the otherwise horrible job search.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Christie's website and two days after the deadline was contacted via email to perform an online video interview. After the video interview I was called and told I made it to the next step to interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.