Christie's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Christie's Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2018

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied to this position twice, while I was working as a Gallery Assistant at Christie's. I applied to this job because I was encouraged to by members of the Client Service team, who said I would be a good fit for this role. I loved working at Christie's and was very excited I did not get the job the first time, and was told it was because there was someone who had previously been interviewed for the position. The second time I waited for 45 minutes to be interviewed by people I worked with every day. It was humiliating and extremely disrespectful. I've never been treated like that by any other potential employer. I ended up taking a job with a competitor.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter, two supervisors and the head of the department all in one day. Case study test was also given with several different client scenarios testing correspondence drafting, attention to detail and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• What appealed to me about Christie's, how I work pressure and handle stress, situations where I demonstrated poise under pressure. The most important things I learned in previous jobs, work environments that were helpful and distracting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Starting salary as is.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

This interview involves three rounds: first with a human resources hiring manager, second with two supervisors and last with the department head. In addition to traditional questions the interview included real-life scenario questions and a short written part.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by this company after they found my resume on a job site.

I was interviewed by an HR guy who was very nice but didn't seem to know what the requirements of the job were. Although the job description sounded somewhat more technically oriented than my background, he assured me it would be a good fit.

After the initial interview the company changed the job description.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

First step was a recorded video interview. It wasn't bad, took less than ten minutes. Next I went into their office and met with a couple of managers. It was very low key, no behavioral questions which I appreciate.

I wasn't chosen, but someone from HR called(!) me to let me know. It's really rare these days for a company to deign to tell a candidate they've been rejected, let alone over phone. Christies was a rare glimpse of humanity in the otherwise horrible job search.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

They called me and I went in and met with HR and the person I would work for and they got back to me quickly offering me another job in the company that I went back and interviewed for and declined.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

sent an email to apply and get the response in two months. the interview is in a friendly way.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a departmental coordinator. Went over the resume and what was expected of me during the internship.There was no quiz or background check. I was contacted a few days later with a reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed two weeks later over the phone. Interview was conducted by two interviewers, both were friendly and professional. The questions were pretty standard and lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in groups and how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship at the Christie's Brussels office. The interview was very informal. I was interviewed by the Director and the Office Manager of the Brussels office. We went over my resume and they asked some basic questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.