Christie's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Christie's Interview Questions

Updated 15 Nov 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship at the Christie's Brussels office. The interview was very informal. I was interviewed by the Director and the Office Manager of the Brussels office. We went over my resume and they asked some basic questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

First step was a recorded video interview. It wasn't bad, took less than ten minutes. Next I went into their office and met with a couple of managers. It was very low key, no behavioral questions which I appreciate.

I wasn't chosen, but someone from HR called(!) me to let me know. It's really rare these days for a company to deign to tell a candidate they've been rejected, let alone over phone. Christies was a rare glimpse of humanity in the otherwise horrible job search.

Telephone Bids Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website. A few days later I was offered a video interview via Hire Vue. A few days after that I was offered a face-to-face interview. The entire process took about five weeks.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

if they are looking for someone to fill the position immediately, it does not take long. after the initial meeting with HR, met with a few key members of the department, they checked my references, issued a background check and got the offer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted a cover letter and resume as well as some other application-related info. Waited for a month, was invited to do a HireVue interview w/ pre-recorded questions and on-the-spot videotaped answers.

Post Sales Service Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back in about two weeks, interviewed at Christie's NY. Heard back from the HR in about 5 weeks.

Interviewed with two department supervisors. The interview questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most challenging past of this position   Answer Question

Work Experince Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Simple meeting with direct superiors. They were honest during the interview and let you know that you will be very busy and will be working long hours during deadline. Overall they did a good job of letting you know what to expect and what they expect out of you.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with groups?
      How open is your availability?
      Can you work well under stressful situations?
      Other basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied to this position twice, while I was working as a Gallery Assistant at Christie's. I applied to this job because I was encouraged to by members of the Client Service team, who said I would be a good fit for this role. I loved working at Christie's and was very excited I did not get the job the first time, and was told it was because there was someone who had previously been interviewed for the position. The second time I waited for 45 minutes to be interviewed by people I worked with every day. It was humiliating and extremely disrespectful. I've never been treated like that by any other potential employer. I ended up taking a job with a competitor.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was less than 20 minutes long. Very cold, unwelcoming, and negative experience. They HR department began the interview by mentioning that I would not be interviewed by other members of the department because I had irrelevant work experience and I was there just because I was referred by an employee, which led me to become completely unmotivated and with zero enthusiasm for the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Christie's   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a departmental coordinator. Went over the resume and what was expected of me during the internship.There was no quiz or background check. I was contacted a few days later with a reply.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.