Chubb Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chubb Interview Questions

Updated 29 May 2019

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was formal but relaxed. Met with all team leaders individually and interviewed with each of them. Corporate atmosphere was positive. People seemed to like where they worked. Reception staff was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Insurance?   1 Answer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Warren, NJ (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews: 1 video interview and 1 in person interview at the headquarters. Mostly behavioral questions and questions based on my resume. The interviewers were very nice and also got the opportunity to shadow an underwriter and meet with last years hires to know more about the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb in January 2018.

Interview

It took a couple of months afte I applied to receive my initial contact with a phone interview. From there I moved to in person interviews, I received an offer a week later. Everyone I spoke with was wonderful, engaging, and seemed thoroughly happy to be at Chubb.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

3 person interview, each about half an hour. The interview ranged from basic questions to questions slightly more advance in the insurance industry. A phone interview followed with someone a little higher up in the company. It was an ideal process.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chubb in August 2018.

Interview

Started off having to record my answers via webcam, and then had an in person interview with a VP, and then a phone interview with another VP. Interviews were pretty conversational and nothing too challenging. I was told after my last interview I’d hear about a decision in a week. After a week went by I reached out and was told it would be around 2 more weeks. I reached out again and was told that I was still being considered for the position but it could take another week or so until a decision was made. I was told by recruiter I would receive an update the following week whether there was a decision made yet or not. A few more weeks went by so I reached out to the recruiter again via phone and left a voicemail, and also emailed a few days after that. Still have not heard back. I understand recruiters can be busy but don’t say you will follow up with someone if you’re not going to. It doesn’t take much effort to send a simple email, either letting someone know they didn’t get the job or letting them know a decision still hasn’t been made. Very disappointed with how this was all handled.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

The recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview. It was about 30 minutes total with about 5 questions with time at the end for me to ask questions. The conversation was with a recruiter who then forwards the information to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to convey an important message to someone you know.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The main interview was with several individuals, and included much description of their recent merger and their training procedures. There was relatively little opportunity to ask questions. The initial interview, however, was over the phone, by a human resources person, and included some of those questions such as, "tell me about some difficult situations you've encountered at your last job, and how you handled them".

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would have an issue with going to a training program despite having many years of experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

I received a phone screen from the HR manager in Delaware initially.. Once that was completed, I called back for a face to face interview with the branch hiring manager and claims dept manager

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a difficult claim and how you handled it   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with 2 managers. Asked me straight forward questions, it wasn't too challenging. A lot of questions about my background, and then a description of the job and what I would be doing.

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (New Haven, CT (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Great experience. Very kind management. Started with a phone interview, then invited for a second interview. The second interview was a panel interview (two claims managers and one upper level manager). Asked to come back for a third interview with upper level management the following week. The total process took about two months. At the end of the process I was not selected for the position, however, the management reached out to me and is currently working with me to find the right fit for me in the company. They are very supportive.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.