Church of England Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Church of England

3.2

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Church of England (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for this role online, was invited for an interview via email. Interviewed a week later. The questions were fairly easy and I was able to answer them. I was interviewed by the director and my line manager.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Church of England (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Thorough, friendly, professional, informative and enjoyable. I felt that although the interview was a challenge, a great deal of thought had been given to asking the right questions and the presentation was completely relevant to the role. Also the interviewers were engaging and warm and they made me feel very welcome. This enabled me to give my best at interview and I was then offered the role which was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about what I had learned from a recent project and how that had helped me going forward.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Church of England in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved a 30 minute written test that required me to read and digest three text heavy documents and come up with some tweets explaining the key findings as well as write a passage on which social media channels (including twitter) could be used to promote the findings.

There then followed a face to face interview with a three person panel. I found this quite negative overall and rather intimidating. Questions that were directed at me focused on my skills and experience, not so much in terms about what I could offer but rather in terms of the skills they were looking for which perhaps weren't adequately communicated through the job description.

As a result the interview felt more like an interrogation where I was at a disadvantage for not knowing the inner structures of what is a highly complex organisation with multiple layers of bureaucracy. This left me feeling very negative and with the impression that the whole thing had been a waste of time.

I feel that the job description was not sufficiently detailed to provide me with an understanding of the scope of the role being that provided by the job description.

They asked to see examples of design work that I had done, which in a way was used to guide the questions, however the relevance of this was unclear in the context of the role and subsequent questions seemed heavily skewed towards social media and less about other communications channels that they were using.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Church of England (London, England).

Interview

Took ages - from application through to first interview, second interview, offer and starting job, took about six weeks even though I was available straight away. First interview was with panel of three and included some written tests . Then there was a second interview with the line manager and one other.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience dealing with very senior and demanding people   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.