Circle Internet Financial Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 55 of over 55 interviews

Recruiter8%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Circle Internet Financial

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial

Interview

First call from recruiter was great. Hiring manager, not so much. The guy had no idea what he’s doing… they have no idea who they should hire or any concept of threat analysis and detection/response. Do not work in this shop! Liability.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know how to write in golang?
    Answer Question

Circle Internet Financial

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial in Jul 2021

Interview

Steps: 1. Recruiter screening 2. HackerRank challenge for 90 minutes 3. Take home task to implement a weird web app 4. Live tech interview to implement a new feature to home task 5. UI Cross Functional Collaboration 6. Behavioral/HM Onsite Interview 7. VP Engineering Interview 8. Recruiter Debrief Their interview process is absolutely broken. I highly recommend you to avoid unless you're dying to work for this company. Interviewing with Google is like walking in the park compared to this non-sense. HackerRank task ask you to implement a functional game in 90 minutes with pure HTML/CSS/JS. Which is not an ideal interview task. Measures specific very knowledge within an unreasonable time. Recruiter told me that I passed the test with high marks. Implementing a game in 90 minutes is not enough so you get a take home task to implement a weird web app. You get an Express API which you can't modify to build the app on top of this. Even reading and understanding the requirements take considerable about of time. They claim it should take around 7 hours to implement which is almost a full working day. But, we all know that implementing a full-featured web app including UI/UX takes much more time. I finished the task in 2 days and it took around 10 hours to finish. Recruiter told me that I passed with high marks. Live tech interview takes an hour. 30 mins chat, 30 mins implementing a new feature to take home task. TBH, I struggled a lot implementing the new feature. In 30 mins, you need to understand the requirements, come up with a UI/UX idea, navigate through tons of files and dependencies, deal with TypeScript errors, think about how to refactor your existing code, deal with IDE, build process, communicate, implement the feature. I didn't perform well. It was absolute chaos for both parties. The rest of the interviews were all about talking. At the end of 8 steps, I didn't get an offer. I don't want to sound arrogant but I was not going to accept the offer anyway unless I get an offer that I can't refuse. The amount of red flags were crazy. I also don't understand why it takes so much interviews to see that I'm not a good fit. It's obvious that the interview process is designed by people who work there for years. They haven't interviewed with any good companies for years so they have no idea how to do it at all. I'm sure they can't pass their own interview process with different tasks. They know their own questions well so they also expect you to know every single line you need to write in advance. If you go through all the steps like me it takes so much time and effort. I went through all the steps just because it felt like I already spent so much time and didn't make sense to stop at that point. I don't recommend anybody to interview with this company. Don't waste your time. Go interview with big tech. It's much easier and worthy. It's a shame that a successful tech startup like this to NOT know how to interview and miss tons of passionate, talented people.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Implement a JS game on HackerRank 2. Implement a full-feature web app at home
1 person found this interview helpful

JPMorgan Chase

80 Comments

Join the conversation on

Circle Internet Financial

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial in Jul 2021

Interview

I was scheduled for a call with the Hiring Manager, but it seems the role got filled and it was immediate radio silence. No courtesy call or email to let me know they won't be moving forward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Circle Internet Financial

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial in Jul 2021

Interview

Another codility/hackerrank test. In my carrer, I already passed technical interviews from Amazon, Splunk, Okta, ... and have failed this stupid test. On my side, this is the last time I accepting doing automated technical tests. Companies that don't think it is necessary to invest time to filter candidates should be avoided. Please boycott Circle !

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Circle Internet Financial

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial

Interview

After initial screen, it was a pretty casual interview process, not very technical. Several rounds with various senior team members from the CEO down. Seems like a professional HR operation.

Interview Questions
  • If hired, what do you expect your first six months at the firm to look like.

Circle Internet Financial

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial

Interview

Total 6 rounds of interviews, 1. HR, 2.,3. a hiring manager (describe how you will approach a new project with microservices hosted in AWS -- building, deploying, testing, monitoring, etc.), then virtual on-site with VP (high level talk about managing cloud infrastructure), senior SRE (how you will deploy lambda and then describe a snippet of Python code) and technical interview create Dockerfile for golang server REST API with database background: build Dockerfile, execute DB, execute container with network configuration and then test everything with curl and psql.

Interview Questions
  • Random questions from the following topics: AWS, Python, networking, code building, docker, AWS lambdas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial (Washington, DC) in Apr 2021

Interview

Take home assignment for the first round, they first scheduled an appointment, they sent me a data set to answer some questions, the assignment was timed, and they sent me a feedback about my results.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Circle Internet Financial

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied online and there were a number of rounds. - Standard Hackerrank coding assessment - Recruiter meeting - Virtual onsite consisting of 3 rounds: API design, Coding session related to the API, Behavioral interview with Manager. Followed by recruiter wrapping up. Totaling 4 hours. The first two technical interviews were with engineers that were helpful and easy to talk with. The last behavioral interview was slightly awkward like they did not want to be there and it ended early. The difficulty of the technical interviews were average. The coding session is performed on your own development platform so make sure to pick something you are comfortable using and debugging with. Both are very collaborative. Behavioral interview had very standard questions. (past challenges, project you are proud of etc) I was given a rejection email 1 week after the virtual onsite. After spending a good amount of time on this process I would have liked to get some feedback on why my application was rejected. However after multiple times contacting the recruiter there was no response. It is disappointing to see companies do this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial (Boston, MA)

Interview

The interviewer started introducing himself then asked to describe the projects you did on your last role. 5 min into to video call he shut the call. I sent an email thinking it is a network outage. But no response after 1 week. Do not wast your time...

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Circle Internet Financial

Application

I interviewed at Circle Internet Financial

Interview

There are several steps : - a timed online coding test (implement a vanillaJS/HTML/CSS Battleship game in 90 minutes) - a take-home coding test that usually takes 5 to 7 hours to complete - a HR screening call - Three 1 hour interviews back-to-back to study your solution to the take-home coding test, talk with designers and engineers, then discuss with a Team Leader I had to wait 2 weeks to hear from Circle after the initial coding test and had another offer in the meantime, thus did not move forward with them.

Interview Questions
  • Build a Battleship game with Javascript, HTML and CSS in 90 minutes
  • Implement a basic React/VueJS application that fetches, filters and displays data from a provided endpoint, then send us the source code
4 people found this interview helpful