Circles.Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Circles.Life Interview Questions

Interviews at Circles.Life

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Circles.Life.

Interview

Interview with the team and HR, test is provided as well. Manager was positive with the questioning and wanted know more about what the individual wanted to learn from the process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Circles.Life (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

A sour experience which emphasizes on extreme unprofessionalism from top down.
    The entire process lasted about 40-45 days, final 20-25 of which were filled with uncertainty & delays. Began with HR call with initial discussion on salary expectation & clarifications on why a 2.x rating exists on Glassdoor.
    The explanation wasn't satisfactory but I had a chance to clarify and understand better in the coming interviews.

Had 1 cultural interview with hiring manager followed by 2 tech interviews with Lead & Sr. engineer. All of them seemed friendly.

All went well, spoke to their new Head of Platform, seemed like a nice guy & discussion with him gave me confidence on their vision.

After days & weeks of wait after all interviews went well they finally offered after a long negotiation.
    Guess what, a week after offering they retracted their offer saying we won’t be hiring in Singapore anymore & instead will be hiring in SriLanka now for your position!!

Can you imagine, after 4-5 interviews, negotiations , agreeing on offer and being in contact for over 40 days while the candidate is waiting for his EP application, the company suddenly retracts offer. Says so much about how the company is run from top down & how decision making is done internally with huge changes being made overnight.(as i was told)

Interview Questions

• Platform fundamentals, architecture discussion.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Circles.Life (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Unprofessional and a complete waste of time. Interviewer looked bored and yawned several times 5 minutes into the meeting and told me that he was very tired.
    After passing the competency test, they proposed a date for me to meet with 3 other stakeholders in back to back meetings on the same day. I proposed another day given that my schedule didn't permit for a 3 hour block then, and was told that they wouldn't be going ahead with my application due to a change in direction.

Interview Questions

• your basic questions about past experience, and an app design exercise   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Had basic interview questions and followed by test of excel skills where I was given an excel spreadsheet and told to complete certain tasks. Interview felt quite casual and was more focused on your competence

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Circles.Life.

Interview

It was a friendly and engaging interview that really made me think, appreciated the slightly light-hearted mood set by the interviewer as it allowed me to put forth my ideas much better.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circles.Life (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2020.

Interview

Everything was good except for my confidence. I really want this job because I will resign from the current job soon, but I lose confidence during the interview and fail this. The questions were very easy, on the normal day I believe I can solve that quickly. Anyway, anybody join the interview, please maintain your confidence and be calm. Good luck to all

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Circles.Life (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First, there was an online coding test on algorithms and SQL queries. Then, there was a video call round with one of the team leads, asking about experience and algorithm questions. Next, there were two rounds of in-person interview with engineers back to back, asking mostly algorithm questions, and questions on current work. Lastly there was an in-person meeting with the CTO-equivalent person.

Interview Questions

• Find ways for certain chess piece to travel to certain positions on the chess board   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Circles.Life (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First was a phone call interview with the HR and after you pass the interview, you will be sent a marketing test. You will only meet the manager if you pass test and questions asked were more on cultural fit

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Circles.Life (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2020.

Interview

4 stages of interviews, including one take-home assessment.

The process was generally fine. I had a good rapport with most if not all of the employees I spoke to. However, the first red flag came when the offer letter failed to include quantitative details of the bonus amount and equity provided. This was eerily similar to the feedback given by *existing employees* in the last 6 months (see main reviews). I think if management wishes to keep good faith, and build a sustainable and international reputation, they may need to consider being more honest with potential employees (and existing employees) about what benefits are actually realistic to fulfill.

I enjoyed talking to the Product team. HR did a professional job throughout and is probably powerless to salvage all the negative points from the negative reviews. However, future applicants should be wary of what's on the offer letter, and not take to heart if the company turns around with newfound reasons to delegitimize a candidate's standing in order to retract an offer *after* the candidate asks for a pay raise (this is bad faith). Future applicants should also take note of some red flags that may reflect what's actually going on with the broader management and company culture.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Circles.Life (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2020.

Interview

Overall had 4 - 5 rounds. Interview with Recruiter and PMs were particularly enjoyable as you can feel the drive and passion from them. However, some senior interviewers were very unprofessional and clearly not prepared. Felt as if it was more of a knowledge and ego contest (interview had access to Google and was reading off materials). If company have leaders that cannot deal with alternate views, and objective challenges against the status quo, that’s when innovation comes to a halt and growth stagnant.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what do you know about team/product management?   1 Answer
    • Tell me more about the projects that you have accomplished?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.