Cirrus Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cirrus Logic Interview Questions

Interviews at Cirrus Logic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email for phone interview in about 3 weeks. Had the phone interview with the Senior Manager and it was mostly on my resume, details on projects, previous internship experience and tools that I've mentioned, how and where did you use etc., Interviewer was very friendly and the entire process lasted for about 45 min

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly on projects, didn't probe deeper into technical stuff   1 Answer

Mixed Signal Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interview

Applied online.
     Received a phone call fixing up interview
     It was professionally set interview. Prompt HR follow up and process. Professionally set process.
    Interviewer called me for first level of interview. It was relatively generic questions and basics of mixed signal.
    There was a follow up call from Sr Engineer. Needed specifics of debug.

Interview Questions

• Started with basics of mixed signal, methods and process. Most of it was based on resume and other mixed signal test standards.
      Also needed logic synthesis background.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in December 2015.

Interview

It was a very good experience but took too long for the response... The person who was asking me the questions is really experienced and he expected me to be technically strong at basics.. He answered me the questions which i got wrong over all it was a very good experience

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on opamp , about the resume and products , Filter and all about ADC characteristics and DSP basics like aliasing sampling and all   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Mesa, AZ (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

There were two half-hour phone interviews and a face-to-face interview. Nearly all contact was with the hiring manager leading up to the face-to-face interview. The interview was conducted by the hiring manager, two marketing leads, an engineering senior, and an engineer. I got a few emails from HR, but never did discuss anything with HR. HR was not responsive to inquiries. Cirrus pays for travel expenses to and from the interview site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your familiarity with the software development process.   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then they invited me for an interview, and they asked for references. My references had to fill in a questionnaire about me, before the on site interview. The on site interview was postponed once without explanation.
    Cirrus had their travel agency arrange the flights between the SF Bay Area where I live and Austin. Although there are direct flights between Silicon Valley and Austin the travel agency didn't book direct flights (and they also don't do that for Cirrus employees I've heard.) The travel agency also booked the hotel and a rental car.

Cirrus gave me a map which indicated 3 places where I could park the car, the parking garage for visitors (which was already full at 8.15AM) and two parking lots, of which one turned out not to have places for Cirrus Logic employees/visitors anymore.
    I first had a talk with their recruiter in a meeting room and after that I was escorted from interviewer to interviewer. I came back to that meeting room a few times.
    It was a surprise to some of the interviewers that they had to do an interview, I even heard one interviewer exclaim 'O no'.
    I was asked to bring extra resumes, that turned out to be necessary. Most interviewers had my resume on screen but in one case the interviewer was not able to pull my resume up so I had to give him one of the resumes I brought.

Interview Questions

• Can you derive the formula for the voltage of a bandgap?   Answer Question
    • Draw the cross section of a MOST
      and some questions about the charge in the channel and the effect of the voltage on the drain   1 Answer

Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Later there was a telephonic interview covering fundamentals of Analog design. I was invited to their HQs in Austin and met around 10 people who interviewed me. I was asked to analyze circuits and reason out their noise, frequency and power performance. All the interviewers were very cordial and gave me ample time to present my understanding.
    They are more interested in your approach. Be patient with yourself.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental analog, discreet time, switched capacitor, A/D converters.   3 Answers

Mixed Signal Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interview

HR emailed me to setup a 1-hour phone interview. The hiring manger called me later on. The interview was all about basic analog and digital signal processing concept questions. If you have strong analog background, it should be fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• What is the SNR?
      What is the difference between inverting and non-inverting amplifier?
      Describe the process how to debug a failure on a PCB board.   Answer Question

Quality Management Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in March 2015.

Interview

Intially they mailed me that they would interested in a quick phone screen. Phone screening was ok but very unprofessional. Two people interviewed me and they were very uninterested. No technical questions. Just asked about my projects in resume. I was told tgat i will be getting the review as soon as possible. I have sent a thank you email but no reply. After a week i again sent a mail inquiring about my position and not a even single mail or phone call they responded. Its been a month and not even a reject mail. As this was my first interview i was excited to know how far i am good in the interview but there was no reject mail atleast. Very unprofessional. And i realised that i should check the jobvite status. It says that the position is closed. This is totally a negative experience for me.

Mixed - Signal Audio Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online, got a call from HR within a week. Did a phone interview with a senior engineer in the team, did a phone interview with the manager of the team. The interviews were scheduled and done within 2 weeks. Got the offer by the end of the month.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous internship experience.
      What is an op-amp?   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic.

Interview

I received a phone call from an engineer in cirrus logic. The call lasts for exact 45 minutes. The interviewer asked questions about system verilog, script language, etc. A math problem was also given.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SV function and Verilog function?   1 Answer