Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated 23 Nov 2017
2,905 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

First there is a phone screen where the hiring manager goes over some basic networking questions. If selected for onsite it will be a full day interview . Totally 6 rounds and each round for about 45 mins - 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Entry level expectations are CCNA specific questions and some scripting,coding questions. Higher levels will be based on what is mentioned in the Resume and the Job description.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview process was one in person interview and about 4 phone interviews. The in person interview was with a hiring manager and an engineer. It was informal and laidback. They asked about background knowledge and some behavioral questions. Past this round one of the phone interviews was technical.

Interview Questions

• When you type into your browser www.cnn.com and click go describe what happens in the background to load the webpage.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

The process took a month from the day of the career fair to the offer being given. The first round was one on one and the second round was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a customer.
      What do you know about Cisco?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Program Manager who conducts work associated with the position advertised. Follow-on interview (if chosen) will be face-to-face with hiring manager. Took one week to set the phone interview, should be another week or two for the FTF, then one to two more for decision.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you needed to be agile in your prioritizing and workload management?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2017.

Interview

I applied with the help of my uncle who works there through a university recruiter. Then I had a Skype interview and was told if I was chosen to go further they would have me do a second round interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

multiple interviews. combination of technical, coding and experience related. multiple team members interviewed on different topics. interested in cultural fit. 4-5 hours total interview time. interview was onsite. it was a good experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a University Event, was scheduled for first rounds of interviews the following week, interviewed on campus at the Career Center, received an email regarding my application status the next week after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Managers in Cisco are not very hands-on. They expect good solid experience for handling several reports. First line manager have 1 0+ reports and second line around 15+.
    So, it is expected that managers show composure and more importantly situations that they have handled before like lay offs and recruitment etc

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Very fit-oriented; more of a career discussion than a technical one. Really good at gauging fit and interest. Interviewer genuinely seemed to care about my career. Was very easy to see this was my first choice, and I'm happy to have received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and how do you feel your experience would fit with this role.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first was over the phone. Very pleasant experience. Everyone I spoke to was kind and understanding. It takes time to hear back after first applying, so be patient but feel free to check in.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.