Citi Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Citi

3.2

Entry Level Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England).

Interview

First step is an initial phone interview which is barely an interview more so quick HR type questions, about CV and if you knew anyone working at the company etc. very chill and not really an interview more of a chat.
    The second step is an actual interview which was also on the phone (although this is during covid so may usually be face to face) I had 6 days notice in an email explaining it would be competency-based and who I would be speaking to. strangely they provided 2 numbers and said "ring at your allotted time" I rang the first number and was told to hold but after 10 minutes I hung up and rang the second number which is where my interviewer was. which made me look late. however, the interviewer was nice and tried to make you feel relaxed, although I found the questions were quite specific.

Interview Questions

• A time you had been creative in a project and explain how you achieved a good outcome   Answer Question
    • name a time you set a goal for yourself. why did you set those specific goals what did they mean? and how did you go about achieving those goals?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you sold an idea to a group of people, why were you selling the idea, how successful was it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have personally sought out a way to develop yourself? why and how did you do this? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • a time where you were in a team and had to help someone who was struggling. how did you go about this? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have had to make a hard business decision. why did you make this decision and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews. Each lasted for 30 minutes. Basic question asked like introducing myself and technical question on how to report certain products. After that, interviewers' turn to answer any queries I have.

I applied the job on Feb and were scheduled for interviews on Apr. Never hear anything thereafter.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. He spent 75% of the time talking, and didn't seem too interested in asking questions about my experience. I never heard back from Citi after the interview. Understand they must process many applicants, but a cursory email to at least let me know the outcome of the interview isn't asking much, even if they couldn't offer any specific feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel working in a global matrix environment?   Answer Question

Technology Student Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Citi (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I've ever had. The atmosphere of the company was really bad, I felt really uncomfortable. I felt like an intruder whom they really didn't want there. The interviewers weren't smiling at all, and they looked very judgemental, stressed and tired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated good leadership skills.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Citi (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

CV, online exam, telephone interview (back-to-back), assessment centre. The AC contains 1 project presentation, 1 technical interview, 1 behavioural interview. All the way up before the ac things are nice and well, yet it seems that my profile post-ac was being waitlisted as I didn’t get any instant rejection but a system error letter after 2 weeks of AC. Although did get the business card from one of the MDs, oral recognition from two out of three interviewers, yet it still doesn’t guarantee you with offers.

Interview Questions

• Line by line DCF   Answer Question
    • What is the most insightful feedback that you have received from your previous work experiences?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Sales Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 members of the team. Very nice people but I don’t think my CV was reviewed properly before being invited as I didn’t seem to tick any of their boxes. The interview process was a bit disjointed, was told by HR I would be meeting 2 people in separate interviews but it was a group/ panel interview when I arrived which threw me off.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citi (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Referred role. Two rounds, each includes technical and situational tests.
    The first one asked about probability, VaR, market risks models.
    The second round gave some written tests including PDE derivation, option pricing.

Interview Questions

• Assuming the team leader is a very bad temper person, how do you deal with him/her?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England).

Interview

Mainly three technical rounds with VPs and head of the department. The rounds were mainly around the current role and the expectations. HR follow ups are quite painful as there are barely any reverts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move out of your current organization?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citi (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Standard, initially you submit your application, do online tests then get invited to 2x30 minute telephone interviews. The 2 interviews may be shorter than 30 minutes, depending on how / what you answer (my first interview was 30 minutes, the second was 15 minutes).

Interview 1) largely competency-based questions. About 4 competency-based questions, with 2-3 "probes" (e.g. explain further). Then she asked "what are the current issues in the finance industry?" and probed into that.

Interview 2) essentially the same as interview 1. There were maybe 3 competency-based questions, with 1-2 probing questions. Then he asked the same question about issues in the finance industry. He took what I said and ran with it and went into more in-depth questions.

General atmosphere about the interviews: both interviewers were French, the first interviewer was very nice and calming, the second interviewer was less interested and was very "corporate" and interrupted me a few times to make an input (although if I had continued, his questions / input would have been answered).

The first interview was fine, the second interview for me did not go well because the interviewer really nit-picked at every detail I had mentioned and tried to probe hard. By no means was it a bad experience, I was just nervous and he was helpful and even though I had answered 1-2 obvious technical questions wrong, he spent 1-2 minutes explaining it and asking further questions which I could answer, having understood his explanations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had experienced someone else being unethical. Further probing into the question depending on how you answered e.g. "when do you think it would an appropriate time to tell a manager?".   Answer Question
    • How would you value a company and it's stocks?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with diversity. Why was it difficult?   Answer Question
    • What does a depreciation in the pound sterling mean for the valuation of FTSE 100 companies? (this was a probe question in relation to issues I had suggested in the finance industry e.g. Brexit).   1 Answer

Surveillance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Citi (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Overcrowded with incompetent directors interfering in the hiring process to protect their positions.
    Interviewed by 3 unimpressive, unqualified directors, none of whom had the skills or knowledge to interview for the role.
    All avoided discussing specifics of the role and asked the same lazy questions, talk me thru your cv, tell me about yourself etc
    One repeatedly called me mate, one did unrelated work throughout the interview and one wanted to talk about improving their skills.
    With so many incompetent people at director level, how many more fines and scandals will it take before Citi address the real issue.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.