Clearwater Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Clearwater Analytics

3.5

1. Featured Interview

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Approached by Recruiter initially and set up brief phone interview to see if it was a good fit. I was given information to prep for panel interview which was with several members of different teams. After first panel interview I was asked to do a more in depth interview, which felt like a test of my ability to quickly learn and being able to discuss a few financial related topics. I very much appreciated that they took the guesswork out of how to prepare for the interviews. Communication from recruiters and talent coordinators was remarkably prompt and I was given a definite date range of when I would hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Clearwater Analytics?   Answer Question
    • Explain the difference between a stock and bond.   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of an issue you encountered with a client and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Clearwater Analytics Response

9 Apr 2020 – Talent Acquisition

We are so happy to hear of your positive candidate experience and glad to have you onboard as part of the CW family. Stay safe out there

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics.

Interview

The first step was an interview over the phone. It was not a great experience, as soon as she found out that I was not still with my prior employer there was a lot of negative energy from the interviewer that remained the duration of the call. I was then ghosted by the recruiter, which aligns with what a lot of colleagues have also said about interviewing at this office. If they do not treat you right as a candidate, they definitely will not treat you right as an employee.

Interview Questions

• If I was still with my employer, why not? After that the only questions that were really asked is if I had any questions. At that point it was very clear that they were not interested   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics in June 2020.

Interview

Interview with recruiter, good energy discussed background and job. Second interview, very passionate group, excited to share about their jobs. I could tell company is headed in a good direction.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics.

Interview

One online coding assessment on hackerrank on own, followed by a 60 minute coding assessment and a 90 minute coding assessment while on the phone with some developers. Asked questions as you coded and left time at end for questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the time complexity of the solution you gave? (Other coding questions too long to fit here)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Two~three week process, almost entirely technical with a bit of behavioral at the end of every interview.

The first interview was a simple online coding assessment. Just some basic HackerRank multiple-choice questions, hashmap/dictionary questions, and object-oriented design questions.

The second interview was two coding questions in a shared editor over the phone. The interviewer was very nice and understanding that not knowing regex by heart wasn't a sign of a bad developer. I was able to move on to the final interviewer.

The final interview was a lot like the second, but with more intense questions. It seems like a more difficult HackerRank medium or even a hard question. It seemed like they were looking for more of the problem-solving process rather than a solution.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of delimited strings, return the first instance of a repeated string.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

There was a career fair on campus where I handed over my Resume. Then I had to face the first interview on campus the next day. There were 3 easy questions in that first round where the interviewer was sitting beside me. Two weeks later got the second interview invitation over the phone and live coding.

Interview Questions

• The first interview contained three questions - Uniqueness of two given string, Class and inheritance conceptual implementation, interpreting a Java program and assume the expected output.   Answer Question

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Went through 2 panel interviews with the Sales team. Was sent white papers to study and told I would be asked questions on it during the interview which did not happen. After interviewing with the Sales team, I was told they thought my best fit within the company was with Client Services instead. Went through 2 more arounds of panel interviews with the Client Services team for an analyst position before finding out I didn't get the job. The Client Services team who interviewed me had no idea that I already gone through the interview process with Sales. There was no communication between the two teams of whether putting me through 4 panel interviews was necessary. Was told to study accounting and finance formulas and terms for the Client Services Analyst position but was not asked questions on them and was asked riddles instead. The interview process was unorganized and there was a lack of communication between the teams and HR.

Interview Questions

• A worker is to perform work for you for seven straight days. In return for his work, you will pay him 1/7th of a bar of gold per day. The worker requires a daily payment of 1/7th of the bar of gold. What and where are the fewest number of cuts to the bar of gold that will allow you to pay him 1/7th each day?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics.

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying and set up an initial phone interview. They asked me to read a few documents and had me learn a case study before the interview. The questions were very straightforward. I then came in for two in-person interviews at their office. One was with a group of younger employees who were working similar positions; the second interview was with higher ups in the company. They asked a few brain teaser questions but the rest was just standard interview procedure. All the people I met with in person were extremely kind, but the email communication with the HR representative was not so great. They took days or weeks to respond to my messages and even misspelled my name once.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID (US)).

Interview

There was a phone screen, two interactive online coding interviews, and 1/2 day onsite interview. The onsite interview had multiple whiteboard coding problems and a lunch. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID (US)).

Interview

I met Clearwater while they were attending a booth at one of the career fairs. Introduced my self and dropped off a resume after learning more about the company and potential openings. Soon after a recruiter called for a phone screening, and then I had 2 in person panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• They assign you a case study and white paper to read and then ask you questions about it. Did you like the material? Does it interest you, what was interesting about it? etc.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very timely and exceptional! It took about 3 weeks with several phone and video calls and there was a lot of communication and updates on interview scheduling. The people throughout the interview process really made it a great experience!

Interview Questions

• How would I bring up a mistake made by a manager/executive and defend my position on the correct answer to the problem?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.