Clearwater Analytics Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Clearwater Analytics Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Clearwater Analytics

3.7

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Boise, ID (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

They will do an over-the-phone interview, then an in-person, then another in-person interview. The over-the-phone is to see if you could manage, the 1st in person is a logic and reasoning interview, 2nd in person is a personality interview to see how you would fit as a person at the company.

Interview Questions

• If you paint a 6x6x6 cube, how many pieces of the cube have paint on them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Clearwater Analytics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Edinburgh, Scotland) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview took about 1 hour long, they asked me three psychometric questions and a few finance related questions. If you struggle with the psychometric questions, they will provide hints.

Interview Questions

• They started the interview by asking me some simple finance questions like: What is the time value of money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clearwater Analytics (Edinburgh, Scotland) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job via the careers section of the Clearwater Analytics website, for a job based in their Edinburgh office. Submitted my CV with no cover letter. After a day or so I received an e-mail inviting me to take part in an online, self-timed numeracy/problem solving test via "Surveymonkey". The content was straightforward. Subsequent e-mail from recruiter based in Boise, ID to arrange a telephone interview. Interviewed for roughly 30 minutes with the recruiter who had e-mailed, mainly covered CV and relevant experience, a couple of quick maths questions (I guess to catch out anyone who had used a calculator etc for online test) and a couple of basic finance questions (this was not a finance specific role).

After this stage, a face to face panel interview with three members of staff, one of whom was normally based in Boise. This interview involved me talking through my CV and general experience and a bit about my other interests. A few questions about what I enjoy at work and dealing with co-worker conflicts. Then on to maths/problem solving questions on the whiteboard. The questions varied in difficulty and complexity, some took a minute to answer and others were 10-15 minutes. I found one of these particularly abstract and struggled to answer it, but the guys were keen to talk through the problems and focused upon the working method which alleviated any awkward silences at the very least.

Finally a question about my SQL experience. This role was not specifically related to database design or SQL however I had mentioned some prior experience so I guess they decided to check if I actually knew anything about this. A question about setting up a SQL database of films and actors and writing a query to produce a list of actors in a certain film. Felt I managed this OK on the hop, but hadn't written an SQL query for nigh on a year so a little rusty on setting up the JOIN conditions in the FROM statement.

Overall, the guys who interviewed me were very pleasant. I felt I had not performed as well as I could have with the problem solving and that this likely would result in a rejection. I heard within a week that I would not have a further interview or receive an offer. Still a good experience. I would say that you could probably find a list of all questions they may ask in the problem solving interview and prepare the answers in advance, however I think the nature of the interview probably reflects the day to day work and you may find yourself quickly under pressure if you do not perform well in this environment.

Interview Questions

• 17 19 23 29 37... What is the next number in the series?   4 Answers
    • A question about sheep farmers' flock sizes. This is an exercise in setting up algebraic inequalities, though the answers are easier to divine without doing so due to the size of numbers you're working with.   Answer Question
    • What is the angle between the hour hand and minute hand on a conventional clock face at 3:15?   Answer Question
    • You have 50 red and 50 blue objects. Split these however you like between two containers to give the minimum/maximum probability of drawing one of the colours?   Answer Question
    • You have two lengths of rope which take an hour to burn from one end to the other (like a fuse). The burn rates are not consistent along the length of each rope (unlike a useful fuse). How can you use the ropes to determine when 45 minutes has passed.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.