Clinique Beauty Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Clinique Beauty Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Clinique

2.8

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clinique (Melbourne, FL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was very easy for me I filled out the application within three days they called me for a face-to-face interview after that I had to take a form of pro talent psycho somatic testing which is a personality test that was quite difficult but if you relax and be yourself they will know if you are the right fit within three days I got the phone call that I was hired and with in the next two days I was getting my locker and then I start on Sunday it’s been a wonderful process so far I am so looking forward to the future

Interview Questions

• Basically why do you wanna work year ?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Clinique

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clinique (Lexington, KY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

First, I interveiwed with a Macy's manager who was very nice! Then after that she called the Clinique manager up to the office. She interveiwed me and then took me to the counter for a free consultation. After, she said she would email the clinique office to see if I was recommended for Clinique on Talent plus. By the time I got home I got a call that the Clinique main office wanted a facetime interview. Had the interveiw the next morning at 9 AM then got a call at 1:30 PM from Macy's offering me the Position. Best Interveiw I've ever participated in! Only advice I can give is be yourself, thats what Clinique really looks for regardless of background or gender.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clinique (Laredo, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Miss Debbie was so nice and clear to explane the duties and rules about this job. All the time she was respectful, the interview took about 10 to 15 min, I felt confortable and excited about this job. Too much to learn, can't wait!

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I had ever been to beauty consultant!   1 Answer
    • If I am available to travel!!   1 Answer
    • She asked me if it's ok with me help cleaning and keep all the area and implements clean and organized?   1 Answer

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique (San Antonio, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process for the Macy's Clinique counter was fast and easy! Just have some type of knowledge on the products you will be selling, and show your passion and drive for what you will be doing! You got this!

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clinique (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview with Corporate with 2nd interview with Local Mangement via Facetime. Final intervew was with Store Management where position needed. Process was quick, timely and fair.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience with cosmetics but focussed on sales/retail experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real room for negotiation as it is up to the Store and thier budget.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clinique in September 2015.

Interview

It was very long and I was unaware of the process. I filled out the application and was emailed with a scheduled interview time. After that interview, I was scheduled to come back the next day with the second interview. I was expecting to find out by the second interview if I had the job or not, but no, another week has gone by and I did have my talent plus interview and now I'm waiting to hear back. I guess they are just extremely particular.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique (Leawood, KS (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very intensive. I met and interviewed with the store manager, the counter manager, the account executive and also did the talent + phone interview. Everyone was super nice and easy to talk to until the talent + portion. The interviewer for the talent + portion is instructed to give no type of feedback or further explanation of the questions once they are asked. They will repeat the question for you but they leave the interpretation of the question up to you. It is a very one sided question/answer conversation. We spoke for about 25-30 minutes and she informed me that the retailer would get back to me with a decision. The talent + portion was the most nerve racking component of the process. All in all, I didn't get the position with Clinique but I was offered a flex position with Macy's, where I can pick up shifts as they become available at any of the make up counters they offer.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Clinique (Glendale Heights, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a quick one week process. Interviewed with a Manager first, Cosmetics manager, Talent plus, then the final interview with the Account Executive. Overal the whole process was amazing and very welcoming! It's an amazing line to start of with! It's like a big o family. Having a makeup background or beautician background helps a lot as well.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clinique (Omaha, NE (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Called in the morning after applying online to come in for interview. When I came in, I was asked about my application and my resume, where I had worked before and what I had experience in. I was then asked what my hours were that I am available.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique (New York, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Just the first interview on phone,the next step is the "big" confrontation with the hiring manager.On phone,usually questions about working in retail,goals and if I reached it.

Interview Questions

• You applied before cosmetics products on people's faces?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.