Clinique Counter Manager Clinique Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Clinique Counter Manager Clinique Interview Questions

Interviews at Clinique

3.3

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clinique in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the store (Stage) and a few days later got a call to set up an interview. The store interview went really well. It was laid back and conducted by the Estée Lauder counter manager. I interviewed on a Monday, that Friday I was called to say I was their pick for the position. I had to take a Talent Plus assessment online and called them back to let them know when I had completed it.
They called me the following Monday and said according to the assessment that I was not a good recommendation for the job. I'm not sure what they were looking for as I had passed the store's assessment easily.

Interview Questions

• If the team does not meet their goal, it's okay as long as I have met mine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Clinique

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. You must first pass a test when you apply. After I passed, I had a phone interview with the store manager. She was very nice, asked pretty basic questions about my work experience. I then had a phone interview with my Clinique manager. Same type of questions. It was a very comfortable interview. The last was a talent plus interview. There's no give and take. It's almost robotic. They ask, you answer. I'd keep my answers short and sweet, because they will give no feedback. If you stay with the company, they will group your answers into your strengths and weaknesses. It's actually very accurate. The interview process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• If the store is having a slow day, what would be your steps be to make goal?   1 Answer

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Humble, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process for a Clinique Counter Manager was a little intense. The first interview is with a bigger retailer who carries Clinique: mine was Macy's. You apply online with Macy's and have the opportunity to set up a face to face interview via email the next day. The interview will be with hopefully the sales manager of theach department you'll be in, but know that it might not be.

You'll have your interview and will hear back regarding how you did and if they're interested. If they are you might have another interview with that same manager, or they could push you through to an online interview for the brand called talentplus. Talent plus will take about twenty to thirty minutes and is an interview to determine your strengths in cosmetic selling.

If you are picked from talentplus, you will move to an interview with the brand district manager. They will ask you about your qualifications, how you did on talentplus, and feel you out for if you're the right fit for that counter and the companies.

The talentplus and district manager interview are quite intense but can be great. Good luck to whoever applies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your strengths (from the talentplus interview) have benefited you in the workplace?   Answer Question

Counter Manager Clinique Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clinique in October 2015.

Interview

Recruiter, panel interview, I was contacted by a talent management agency who asked many behavioral questions around my experiences. I was very impressed with how friendly the recruiter was and overall had a great experience. Remember to utilize the star method to answer questions and describe in detail the steps you took to achieve the results.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you collaborated with a team member to achieve success   1 Answer

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mary Esther, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clinique (Mary Esther, FL (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

It is a long process. You have a initial interview went in and asked if they were hiring. They were and I was recommended with my experience for manger instead of consultant. You have 2 phone interviews and a 2 hour interview of about 200 questions that takes about hour and half to see your weaks and strengths and if you are suitable for job. After that I got call back a few hours later from Exective manger and set up training and started working about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The almost 2 hour interview process, they are constantly switching the questions around to see how you would react to a sitution and see your best qualities, felt like i was constantly repeating myself. They are very harsh no emotion etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

On salary I was told with my experience she could only hire me at the highest she could give which is 11. Hear thats really base salary afterwards.

Clinique Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clinique (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

You have to do a lot of interviewing. Interview with Clinique management and interview with your store management. You also have to do a Talent Plus interview which is like an independent interview company. If you don't pass the Talent Plus interview, you may still get hired in the cosmetics department but you will never be able to work for an Estée Lauder company and there's a lot ( Estée Lauder, Clinique, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Origins and more). No second chance on the Talent Plus interview so can be a little scary.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.