Cloudreach Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cloudreach Interview Questions

Updated 15 Feb 2018

2.9

Employee Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I was worried all the interviews would be remote because the team was remote, but all candidates who will report into an office get to go into the office and have a "Cloudy Panel" interview with someone not related to the team at all. It's exclusively for culture, which is really cool to see if you'll fit in! Everyone was really pleasant and surprising transparent during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why is Human Resources important to an organization?   Answer Question
    • Rank these tasks in the order that you would complete them and explain why.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cloudreach (Remote, OR (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Email, phone screen with HR, a "case study" test to demonstrate my skills, and then a Google Hangouts video call one-on-one with a team lead. The HR recruiter was great and the phone screen was simple. The one-on-one was not what I expected, however, as the team lead didn't seem to want to be there and couldn't speak to how technical the position would be or any other specific details. They also misunderstood some of my explanations of my experience and seemed to quickly jump to the conclusion that I wasn't a great match based on an anecdote I told them from over six years ago in my career. They also didn't really ask about who I was at all, and all of this surprised me coming from a company who's culture is supposed to be so people-focused and friendly. Maybe I caught them on a bad day?

Interview Questions

• Not any very specific questions since they didn't seem to know how technical the position was going to be.   1 Answer

Cloud Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach in December 2017.

Interview

First part is a phone screen - normal recruiter questions. Why are you looking for a job? What are you currently doing, etc. The second part is a take home quiz, given for 5 days. Two questions, about a page for each. If you get through that than you get to speak to Architect on the phone.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe in detail a conceptual Cloud Architecture for a new mobile web application which needs to scale to meet peak demands generated from TV advertising. The client is taking a PaaS first cloud strategy. The application stores a significant amount of image data, does image manipulation, and for disaster reasons, needs geographic redundancy.   Answer Question
    • 2. What is the best way to manage system configuration across multiple servers with multiple OS types and versions, including on premise? Some of these servers are ephemeral in nature, how would you address that?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was thorough and no matter the position after the initial phone screening, there seems to be a case study. I proceeded to move forward with two other video calls, which I believed went very well.

In addition to being a solid CLOUDY candidate, I also know I have the skills and experience to back up the position. All this in mind, I recently received a rejection email with a new title other than the position to which I originally applied. "Assistant Office Manager." Given the recruiter was very open about what salary the company was willing to offer at the initial interview stage is a red flag for the experienced, but I was willing to continue forward as I believed in the company's values.

Aside from this red flag, I will say my interviewers were very pleasant and I had an exceptional conversation with Michael Traverse from Vancouver, Canada.

For future interviewees, please consider all of your options and don't trouble yourselves with companies that pass you up for other candidates. Another position with an amazing culture/company was offered to me the same day as my rejection and the pay worthy of the experience. More fish in the sea, y'all. :)

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudreach (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on linkedin, got in touch with talent acquisitions. Had a video call that lasted about 30 minutes, I left a good impression and got to the case study. Spent a long time on that thing (which I don't think I would do again for other companies due to chances it is for nothing and a big waste of time) only for a few days to pass and getting a rejection letter. The curious part of this rejection letter is a line saying "so and so (assume this is a team leader or something) really enjoyed his time speaking with you" which makes it seem as if I had made it to the third phase of the interview when I didn't. Way to make an applicant feel like canned meat.

Interview Questions

• A client wants to migrate to the cloud. What are some pitches you can make to convince them?   Answer Question

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudreach (New York, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Phonescreen, take home subject matter quiz/doc, Online Interview with Hiring Mgr, and Panel/Whiteboard session interview ( 2.5 hr). Questions for Architect role vague and specifics towards new technologies were left open and retrospect they were looking for particular solutions even though design possibilities left a lot of flexibility to be creative beyond their expected answers. Kept getting asked specifics on company research and why interested. The open format seems progressive but this open format I feel limits digging into candidate skills/experience. Most interviewers had not reviewed any background so a lot of repetition with each new discussion. Also, felt age discriminated against as young company with progressive values ( appreciated ) but going through my history of experience and business maturity seemed to be a mark against me along with being over 40.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIN and was contacted by the Talent Acquisition Lead. I had a phone conversation and also had to pass a case assessment before being invited to interview. Overall, the company is exciting to work for and the interaction I had with the Lead was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How have you handled a difficult hiring manager in the past?   Answer Question

Cloud Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpentersville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (Carpentersville, IL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn on 4/1/16. Received an email on 4/5/16 indicating, "Your application has been successful." Initial phone interview was scheduled for 4/22/16.
    By all indications the interview went well. I was told to expect an email with a link to case study questions and that I would have until the following Friday to respond. I sent a follow-up email after the call, suggesting that I was definitely interested and looking forward to completing the questions.
    I noticed that two people from the company viewed my LinkedIn profile shortly after the call.
    The following Monday, when I had not received the link, I email the recruiter to see if it was sent. Within minutes I received the canned, system generated rejection letter. I made two attempts to follow-up with her via email with absolutely no response.
    Can't help but feel like me obviously being over 40 presented a problem for someone in the organization.

Interview Questions

• Would I be available to start in June?   1 Answer

Cloudreach Response

2 May 2016 – Global Head of People Operations

Thank you for your interest in Cloudreach and also your subsequent feedback.

I am really sorry that that your recruitment experience was not as positive as intended. All our candidates have an... More

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cloudreach.

Interview

Rookies...I have a real extensive sales resume, real contacts and customers, real sales awards and have sold real solutions. Yet they have you do a fake presentation to fake decision makers in a fake boardroom selling a fake solution. (An amateur sales 101 role play ). Huh?? ...would it not make sense to talk to real references about real deals! The more you continue to overthink your candidates and extend your hiring process the longer it takes to get deals/revenue. It does not appear there is a big rush to do either.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are selling this to us but we are not them...   Answer Question

Cloudreach Response

31 Mar 2016 – Employer and Brand Engagement Lead

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We value and consider all feedback and we'll continue to find ways to improve. We are sorry you had a bad interview experience. We are... More

Cloud Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cloudreach.

Interview

1) Initial phone screen with recruiter to go over resume and general behavioral questions.
    2) Conversation with a senior consultant about the position. Was primarily behavioral as well, and some discussion of the type of working currently performing or have performed in the past.

The trail basically went cold after this. I had reached out to the recruiter, and no response whatsoever. This is pretty unprofessional behavior and demonstrates a lack of maturity in their HR processes. The constructive feedback would be to keep your potential candidates in the loop better.

Interview Questions

• How Cloudy are you, i.e. what is your cloud experience?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.