Cloudreach Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cloudreach Interview Questions

Updated 7 Jun 2018

2.9

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (Reston, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online by submitting my resume to a website. I was promptly contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone screening interview.

This screening interview was pretty basic I was asked about my experience, salary expectations, availability to travel, and asked a few (four if I remember correctly) basic software engineering questions about high-order functions (map, filter,reduce...), version control, etc. I was then given a ten question case study and given 2-3 business days to complete it.

The case study covered a range of different topics related to software engineering and cloud software architecture. I had to do a bit of research to finish it but I had fun with it and I learned a lot.

I then had a Google Hangouts technical interview with a software engineer and talked about my previous work experience and was able to ask questions about working for Cloudreach. It was a very low stress phone interview, more of a conversation about where you've been and where you want to go, and less of a high pressure computer science pub trivia quiz that I've had on other technical interviews.

After that I met with a local Cloudreach manager and engineer for an in person interview, where I talked about my previous experience and where I wanted to go and was given a run down of what's going on at Cloudreach in my area. My only difficulty there was trying to decide whether I was more interested in cloud software development or devops, which was the hardest part of the interview process for me because I want to do all the things.

After talking it out I decided start on the cloud software development path and was scheduled for a Google Hangouts interview with the leader of the Cloud Enablement team that I'd be working for and was soon after given an offer. It was an overwhelmingly positive experience.

I found the process to be a bit longer than it was for my last job, but on par with everywhere else I applied this time around. It was a lot of fun and very educational. Everyone, especially my recruiter, was very prompt, helpful and encouraging. By the end I was very excited to work for the company and happily accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• When would you suggest using a cloud native versus cloud agnostic software architecture solution?   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cloudreach in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen, take-home questionnaire. I was told during the phone screen that based on my Linkedin profile and resume, I would be a great fit for the position. And that I would be participating in projects that would extend beyond the scope of what the position originally had been planned for. I was super excited and completed the take-home exercise - I personally felt good about the answers I provided. Recruiter said she would get back to me within 2-3 days. 4 days later and no answer. I called and left a voice message. Shortly after, instead of a phone call, I get an email from her saying that I’m not a good fit and they’re moving on. What a waste of time. They didn’t even give me a chance to talk to the hiring manager. What was all that enthusiastic spiel about?

Interview Questions

• General questions about cloud technology and some thought inputs on current cloud trend   Answer Question

Employee Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I was worried all the interviews would be remote because the team was remote, but all candidates who will report into an office get to go into the office and have a "Cloudy Panel" interview with someone not related to the team at all. It's exclusively for culture, which is really cool to see if you'll fit in! Everyone was really pleasant and surprising transparent during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why is Human Resources important to an organization?   Answer Question
    • Rank these tasks in the order that you would complete them and explain why.   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 6 Google Hangout interviews, with various individuals within the organization, along with a few take-home assignments. The interviewers were passionate technologists who believed in the "Cloudy Culture," and were engaged during the conversation. The interview questions delved into your core experiences, what you had learned, and where you wanted to go. Definitely be able to show how your past experiences align with the values of the company. The final "Cloudy" interview is to gauge how well you would fit into the culture and values.

The recruiters did a phenomenal job in guiding me through the entire process, so don't hesitate to ask them questions either.

Interview Questions

• Be able to answer questions about server-less architecture, containerization, and micro-services. Remember: anything on your resume is fair game to ask questions about.   Answer Question

Cloud Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach in December 2017.

Interview

First part is a phone screen - normal recruiter questions. Why are you looking for a job? What are you currently doing, etc. The second part is a take home quiz, given for 5 days. Two questions, about a page for each. If you get through that than you get to speak to Architect on the phone.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe in detail a conceptual Cloud Architecture for a new mobile web application which needs to scale to meet peak demands generated from TV advertising. The client is taking a PaaS first cloud strategy. The application stores a significant amount of image data, does image manipulation, and for disaster reasons, needs geographic redundancy.   Answer Question
    • 2. What is the best way to manage system configuration across multiple servers with multiple OS types and versions, including on premise? Some of these servers are ephemeral in nature, how would you address that?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was thorough and no matter the position after the initial phone screening, there seems to be a case study. I proceeded to move forward with two other video calls, which I believed went very well.

In addition to being a solid CLOUDY candidate, I also know I have the skills and experience to back up the position. All this in mind, I recently received a rejection email with a new title other than the position to which I originally applied. "Assistant Office Manager." Given the recruiter was very open about what salary the company was willing to offer at the initial interview stage is a red flag for the experienced, but I was willing to continue forward as I believed in the company's values.

Aside from this red flag, I will say my interviewers were very pleasant and I had an exceptional conversation with Michael Traverse from Vancouver, Canada.

For future interviewees, please consider all of your options and don't trouble yourselves with companies that pass you up for other candidates. Another position with an amazing culture/company was offered to me the same day as my rejection and the pay worthy of the experience. More fish in the sea, y'all. :)

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudreach (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on linkedin, got in touch with talent acquisitions. Had a video call that lasted about 30 minutes, I left a good impression and got to the case study. Spent a long time on that thing (which I don't think I would do again for other companies due to chances it is for nothing and a big waste of time) only for a few days to pass and getting a rejection letter. The curious part of this rejection letter is a line saying "so and so (assume this is a team leader or something) really enjoyed his time speaking with you" which makes it seem as if I had made it to the third phase of the interview when I didn't. Way to make an applicant feel like canned meat.

Interview Questions

• A client wants to migrate to the cloud. What are some pitches you can make to convince them?   Answer Question

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloudreach (New York, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Phonescreen, take home subject matter quiz/doc, Online Interview with Hiring Mgr, and Panel/Whiteboard session interview ( 2.5 hr). Questions for Architect role vague and specifics towards new technologies were left open and retrospect they were looking for particular solutions even though design possibilities left a lot of flexibility to be creative beyond their expected answers. Kept getting asked specifics on company research and why interested. The open format seems progressive but this open format I feel limits digging into candidate skills/experience. Most interviewers had not reviewed any background so a lot of repetition with each new discussion. Also, felt age discriminated against as young company with progressive values ( appreciated ) but going through my history of experience and business maturity seemed to be a mark against me along with being over 40.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIN and was contacted by the Talent Acquisition Lead. I had a phone conversation and also had to pass a case assessment before being invited to interview. Overall, the company is exciting to work for and the interaction I had with the Lead was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How have you handled a difficult hiring manager in the past?   Answer Question

Cloud Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carpentersville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cloudreach (Carpentersville, IL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn on 4/1/16. Received an email on 4/5/16 indicating, "Your application has been successful." Initial phone interview was scheduled for 4/22/16.
    By all indications the interview went well. I was told to expect an email with a link to case study questions and that I would have until the following Friday to respond. I sent a follow-up email after the call, suggesting that I was definitely interested and looking forward to completing the questions.
    I noticed that two people from the company viewed my LinkedIn profile shortly after the call.
    The following Monday, when I had not received the link, I email the recruiter to see if it was sent. Within minutes I received the canned, system generated rejection letter. I made two attempts to follow-up with her via email with absolutely no response.
    Can't help but feel like me obviously being over 40 presented a problem for someone in the organization.

Interview Questions

• Would I be available to start in June?   1 Answer

Cloudreach Response

2 May 2016 – Global Head of People Operations

Thank you for your interest in Cloudreach and also your subsequent feedback.

I am really sorry that that your recruitment experience was not as positive as intended. All our candidates have an... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.