Co-op Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Dec 2017

2.4

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Co-op Group (Manchester, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The role for a sales adviser for car insurance.
    First i did an online assessment some questions and two video questions at the end.
    Then got invited for assessment day, they began with role play as an home insurance seller, then you use their learning program to answer some questions on a piece of paper. and last a individual interview with the standard type of questions, 1 of the other candidates did get hit with co-op history questions so do your research just in case.
    The atmosphere was quite relax and everybody was friendly, role play and interview person was different member of management as candidates do them around the same time and then swap for role play and 1 on 1 interview to keep it fair i guess. the progress was lone took about 3 hours and they said they reply in 48hrs but i never got a reply.

Inventory Replenishment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Co-op Group (Manchester, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Competency based interview on a framework that had been provided in advance. Interview was very structured with two scenario based questions. There was no time left for questions at the end and I came away feeling that I knew very little about what it would be like to work there. Did not come out feeling positive about the potential line manager, he was very disinterested while the other interviewer was more positive and engaged.

Interview Questions

• What does a good Category Plan look like?   1 Answer

Senior Credit Risk Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Co-op Group (Manchester, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Referred to Interview by a good recruiter, it took a long time to arrange the Interview, Interviewed by two senior unsecured credit risk portfolio managers, strictly competency based interview, very positive and friendly, but in hindsight they weren't very genuine, disingenuous would be the best way to describe them, they provided very negative feedback with no positive points, essentially a paragraph of criticism, Feedback should be balanced ,whether a candidate is successful or not, it was lazy and inaccurate, I would never apply to co-op again

Funeral Arranger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Co-op Group in September 2017.

Interview

online application, telephone interview, face to face interview which consisted of strengths based questions, a maths and english test, situational questions and a simple spreadsheet exercise. maths and english test were very easy ad simple. i did not feel that the interview questions were structured very well

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Co-op Group (Manchester, England).

Interview

Initial online application. Then a phone interview asking generic questions and some competency based customer service questions.

Upon passing that, I was invited to a group interview and a 1v1 interview on an assessment day. They called within the next week on their decision.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions and some customer services based questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Co-op Group in August 2017.

Interview

Emailed them my cv after seeing the job online. Got a call a few weeks later to set up an interview for a few days later. Interview was relaxed with 2 managers, answered some questions and was told information about the company and job. When they asked if i had any questions for them, i asked "what do you like about working for this company" which they liked me asking as everyone before had just asked about the rate of pay, so think of some other questions than just the basics because they cover that after they've asked you questions. They told me they would call me in a few days to let me know if I'm successful

Interview Questions

• What is an ideal team for you   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the co-op? Other businesses they run other than food?   1 Answer
    • Whats good customer service?   1 Answer
    • Would you be flexible and able to work with short notice?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us??   Answer Question

Customer Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Epsom, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Co-op Group (Epsom, England).

Interview

I didn't really have one as they were desperate for employees. I just stated my availability and I was hired. I was also a student at the time which made it more convenient for them to hire me.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Model Coordinate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Co-op Group (Derby, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informal given the process and the competency based questions. Competency based questions based on the personal spec / job description which I wasn't sent with the application pack. Initially received email from HR saying I hadn't been selected for interview then received a phone call 2 hours later requesting I attend an interview. Was advised I would hear in 5 days. I am now on day 10 with no communication from them, no phone number to call and no direct email address to chase. Have emailed direct to resource but receive a basic reply and nothing back yet. Very poor communication and response.

Interview Questions

• Competency based on previous experience   1 Answer

Interview

Mine was slightly different as I went in, answered basic questions about myself... Then was asked could I start Monday. Manager was already aware of who I was and my CV had been left with him for sometime until a position was available.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Co-op Group.

Interview

Competency based interview and presentation. Structured interview starting with work experience, then followed by questions about specific things you have achieved in previous roles. There was also a presentation for which you have some time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Competency based around examples of things you have done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.