Colas Rail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Colas Rail Interview Questions

Interviews at Colas Rail

2.9

Finance Assistant Interview

Interview

I had an interview with 2 finance managers about the role,usual questions asked, nothing too serious, it was more like a conversation. Have a good look about the company and its values.

Graduate Management Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colas Rail.

Interview

I was given adequate time to prepare for the interview, when I arrived everybody was friendly and the interviews made me feel at ease. Common questions were asked at the interview.

Interview Questions

• What values do you believe are the most important for study and work?   Answer Question

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bishops Stortford, England

Application

I interviewed at Colas Rail (Bishops Stortford, England) in June 2018.

Interview

The guy the was interviewing me was asking me the most random and stupid questions I have ever heard on an interview, the most ridiculous one was when he asked me to guess the number of chairs there was in the room without looking, apparently the was to test and to prove my attention to details.

He was so unprofessional, I don’t think he EVER interviewed anyone before.

Interview Questions

• To guess how many chairs they had in the room without looking?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Colas Rail (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online & got a phone screening after a week. Went for in person interview with the hiring manager and the process took 3 weeks. Overall easy but lengthy and slow process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had to work in a team and resolved a problem?   1 Answer

Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rugby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colas Rail (Rugby, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Group presentation with candidates on an investment apparaisal along with interviews with a panel of 4 people in a speed dating style method. Questions ranged more about personality but the presentation was about technical comptency.

Interview Questions

• State an example of teamwork?   1 Answer

Technical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colas Rail.

Interview

Basic interview involving two superior colleagues which asked basic rail knowledge questions. Also asked about your knowledge and experience in different aspects, told you what the job involved, hours, pay, overtime etc

Interview Questions

• What previous roles have you carried out!   Answer Question
    • Give us a example of when you have gone above and beyond the call of duty!   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Colas Rail (Purley, England).

Interview

Application, online tests, including situational judgement test, skype interview (which ended up being a phone interview) then assessment centre.

The assessment centre consisted of 'speed dating' interviews in which you have 5 minutes to answer each interviewers question. This is supposed to be a fun way of interviewing, but realistically you cannot prove yourself as an outstanding applicant by answering 2 questions. This was followed by a group activity which didn't require any engineering knowledge as many of the people there were applying for the leadership role. After the assessment we were told we'd hear within a few days. After a few days I had heard nothing so sent a follow up email asking for more information. This email was ignored and several days later I recieved a stock rejection in which I was told I couldn't get any feedback due to the high number of applicants. Maybe Colas rail should not invite so many people to assessment centres if this is the case.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are on site and a member of staff approaches you to tell you that another member of staff is stealing. What would you do?   1 Answer

Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colas Rail (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

You should be fine if you prepare for each stage. When answering interview questions or even the questionnaire, always base it on the company competencies which would be the 5 E's. The structure of the application is:

1. Brief Application Questions
    2. SHL Aptitude Test (Numerical Reasoning Test, Verbal Reasoning Test, Talent Simulation Adapting and Responding, Talent Simulation Deciding and Initiating Action)
    3. SHL Personality Quiz
    4. Video Interview (total of 6 questions, I dont remember all of them)
    5. Assessment Centre ( Corporate Presentation, Group Exercise & Presentation followed with Speed dating interview. Speed Dating interview consists of 6 tables and each table has 2 interviewers. Every table represents one of the following company competencies and you have 3 minutes to answer questions. It can be 1 question per table to 5, depends on your answer.)

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from others (Video Interview)   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when the client was not happy (Video Interview)   Answer Question
    • This following question is probably the toughest question in the speed dating interview section. It goes like this "Highlight one interesting aspect from your CV and make it one word. While you think about that here is the situation 'You are on site and it is midnight and your client has joined. You have 5 employees working on site with you and your client notices that one of your employees is a known cable thief and wants you to kick him out. What do you do?' " (Speed Dating Interview)   2 Answers
    • When did you manage to motivate people to get a task done? (Speed Dating Interview)   Answer Question
    • When did you display leadership qualities? (Video Interview, Assessment Centre)   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colas Rail (Purley, England) in July 2013.

Interview

Company brief
    Group problem solving round
    Speed dating interview (good fun and get to meet so many people)
    One on one interview afterwards
    Based on how you perform they decide whether you are good for management or technical. Downside is that some technical people are also good at management, but they get given a management role at first without any choice

Stage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Colas Rail (Paris (France)) in September 2018.

Interview

Entretien via skype très rapide. Entretien classique, on nous demande de nous présenter, on nous parle du projet et des missions du poste etc.
    Entretien très rapide mais processus RH très long.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.