ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated 4 Feb 2017

2.8

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (State College, PA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

One round of behavioral based interview questions. Not super difficult and the interview is fairly relaxed! Be sure to study the STARR model and run through some standard behavioral based interview questions before hand. They will ask you to tell them a little bit about yourself. Don't be intimidated by the oil and gas industry and be willing to ask questions about it to show your willingness to learn.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time where you had to accomplish a long term goal and how did you accomplish that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Tulsa, OK (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I signed up for an interview on campus. I interviewed once at school and was invited to interview at the IT Headquarters in Bartlesville, OK (all expenses paid). The interviews in BV consisted of several 1:1 behavioral interviews all of which were pretty standard and enjoyable. One of the interviewers was a bit rough around the edges and it was obvious he had "better things to do." I didn't care for the personalities of most of the CP employees I met and knew I would not enjoy life working at CP. They have amazing benefits and their resources are out of this world but there are more important things to consider when looking for a job.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was recruited through Lynced In, It was a simple process. I really liked the managers, and decided that a larger company wouldn't be so bad if I got the chance to work for these guys. Safety is a core value at COP.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of safety?   1 Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

There were two interviewers. They basically just go through my resume from top to bottom and ask questions related to my resume, in great detail. Some questions involved the specific scientific term or experiment. Sometimes they ask me to describe the work experience and share some work knowledge with them.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mixed with technical and behavioral. I didn't find the question to be that hard if you know your resume really well. I find the toughest question is at the end, when they ask you if you have any questions for them. I still don't know what kind of question should I ask to get give interviewers the best impression.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is as easy as one can expect in terms of procedure. Very organized and structured. First round interview was on campus, afterwards they selected a few people for second round interviews the next day. Decisions came soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolving fitting prior experience to the oil/gas industry. (I had no oil/gas experience prior to the interview)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Norman, OK (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. There weren't any technical questions asked. I met with a recruiter at a University Career Fair where they took my resume. I was contacted a week later and asked to schedule an interview. The interview was very straigh forward and only consisted of behavior questions after they asked me to briefly run through my Resume. Overall a great experience

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Waco, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Was a hour long interview with qualitative questions on past work experience, extracurriculars and school work. There were no technical questions, but a lot of fit. they wanted to see how your past experiences could benefit the company.

Wellness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

There was quick phone screen just on basic work history before the first in person interview. I then used a Skype like video system to have my from home interview recorded before having a final in person / traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• Safety
      Philosophy
      Corporate setting adjustments
      Diversity of experience
      Answer Question

Construction Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Was given one week notice for the interview. The interview itself was condeucted by the construction projects manager himself, and was mainly about my personality, and motivations for applying. I was also the first intern they interviewed from my program, so they asked a lot of questions about that and the content of my classes.
    Was asked a few of the typical questions like:
    Why do you want to work for us?
    What would you say makes you a good fit for this job/internship and for this company?
    What is you view/philosophy on safety?
    Their website was also very helpfull in preparing for the interview. It had a lot of tips on what kinds of question I would be asked and what they expected me to know coming in. Apparently that whole section is gone...
    As a side note, make SURE you memorize COPs S.P.I.R.I.T values, and their motto. (At ConocoPhillips, our work is never so urgent or important that we cannot take the time to do it safely and in an environmentally prudent manner." You will be asked about the spirit values for sure.

Interview Questions

• What is your view on safety? That is a tough question for a construction manager. I answered that safety is THE priority, but that it also had to be managed intelligently in order to keep a project moving forward. Prevention was the main tool in managing safety. That answer seemed to satisfy them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. As an intern, they make an offer 2 weeks after the interview (a good one), and i accept.

Information Technology Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

The overall experience was great, I got in contact with the company through my university. They conducted one on one interviews on our campus. It included standard personality questions such as "What would your other classmates say about you", "What was your least favorite class", "Why do you want to work for ConocoPhillips". After the initail interview I recieved an email to meet with an additional interviewer. This time there were some light technical questions. It felt like they were evaluationg where I would best fit. After this interview I recieved a formal offer.