Contino Principal Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Contino Principal Architect Interview Questions

Interviews at Contino

1 Interview Review

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Contino (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Very Rapid, less than 2wks ...... Inboxed via linked-in by talent acquisition on a Wednesday, the next week one interview on tues with VP, Technical phone interview with Principal Architect, final interview the following Tuesday with Technology Head out of the UK. All of the interview styles were conversational and flowed organically. HR interview was an alignment of skills with the requirement. I was perfectly aligned with the job requirement (60% sales/pre-sales 40% technical architecture).. VP interview discussion pointed to strategy and culture, PA interview focused on technology and pipeline flow, Final interview with head focused on fitting into culture and tools. That my skills aligned precisely with the job description, I moved from one interview to the next pretty flawlessly. Obviously no one person can know everything about every new devops technology. Minor deficiencies in my skill set (such as my AWS:Azure functional day to day was 40:60 ) were elevated as major. The talent acquisition person who'd been communicating with me almost daily and providing feedback went totally black for three days (bad sign). It's doubtful if she would have contacted me had I not reached out to her.

Summarizing, Consulting firms such as this hire for specific projects/clients, then they fire you for not meeting utilization numbers. When I asked what is the required billable utilization at each level of the interview process, no one could provide a clear answer. Having worked for a number of IT consulting firms the truth is if you're not billing, you're time with them is limited. I became more and more concerned when no one could provide clarity to that question, especially since industry standard is anywhere from 80-115%

When talent acquisition reached out to me following my email query, the feedback mixed.. They liked the broad scope of my skill set but needed to have someone focused on AWS primarily. Billable utilization and that the role was indeed for a single client was confirmed as a core suspicion as I moved through the process.

The company decided not to move forward. The time I spent in conversation at different levels of the company allowed me to sharpen my interviewing skill and elucidate a broad range of talents and technologies.

Note: Talent acquisition should certainly spend time figuring out a skills matrix so that the initial conversation/interview isn't mis-aligned with the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing noteworthy, Questions can range from AWS to DevOps pipeline, consultative approach to strategy. Their interviewers will be all over the technology and consultative map so be ready!!! Random and specific technologie questions are designed to eliminate, not include   2 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.