Converse Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Converse Interview Questions

Interviews at Converse

2.4

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Interview

They don’t even convey basic information like steps in the process.Basically they ghost after a phone call.Overall very negative experience.Hr should be notifying candidates of the progress at the bare minimum.Not professional at all!

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

3 round process. 2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with multiple people across finance team. gave overview of what the role would be and what benefits of working at converse would be

Interview Questions

• why converse? what skills separate you from other applicants? innovative thoughts for how to advance the team   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Converse (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Company and process was a bit of a mess. Application was handed off between multiple recruiters. None of them apparently talk to each other. Interviewed over video and then went onsite for an interview. They kept mentioning people and recruiters I had never spoken with. Hiring manager wasn't knowledgeable and mentioned I would need to be happy in the role since there is a lack of career advancement opportunities. I ended up just telling them the company wasn't the right fit for me. Between the disorganization, lack of growth and development, and unchallenging work, just wasn't the right fit. Their salary range was decent though.

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Converse (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

So far, I have only participated in a phone screen interview. It was very much just getting a feel for what type of person I am and briefly asking about my experiences in the field. I only selected the option that I did not get the offer because I am still in the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my experience with UX design.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Converse.

Interview

Several interviews with people in different functions. Fairly straightforward. Show you're passionate and qualified. The only con was that it took a while for them to get back to me, as I applied early.

Editing Copywriter, Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Converse (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Of all the vile, incompetent, condescending HR flacks I’ve had the misfortune to speak with in phone screens over the years, the one I encountered at Converse may well be the most damagingly inept. Here is how she screwed up her job and lowered my opinion of the company she’s supposed to represent: phone interview 2 PM Monday; rejection email sent 6:58 AM Tuesday. Her ungainly haste gives away the lack of any pretense to genuine consideration. It's tacky and it's callous to send a rejection that soon, particularly to someone who has proven success in writing about athleisure for major brands. If her goal was to make the candidate feel like crud and therefore quickly grow to loathe Converse, she succeeded. Most of her questions were standard; the one time she tried to delve into matters of ecom writing, she phrased it in such an incoherent way – something re how digital differs from whatever – that I had no idea what the ask was. No one talks about digital as being a separate entity; so I spoke about the various kinds of writing I’ve done in digital settings, such as branding, taglines, product copy, etc. Her horse before the cart phrasing revealed that this woman has absolutely no capacity to evaluate anyone for an editorial position. So why am I talking to her and not to the hiring manager who, like me, is a writer and presumably knows how writers think? HR people, in my observation, can’t really do anything or relate to skills they themselves do not have. And yet there they are – blocking the paths of those who can. There were other infelicities. HR asked me if I had managed people. I said no. The job description contained no mention of managing others. Editors – effective ones – do not view themselves as supervisory – they are more concerned with being supportive colleagues within achieving a common good. HR asked about compensation. I said in the 80s, which I thought a fairly conservative sum given the financial realities of living in Boston. When I mentioned the cost of apartments, she said, “Almost no one who works here lives in Boston.” And I thought – why – because Converse is too cheap to pay well?

And that isn’t all: the hiring manager herself actually encouraged me to pursue this role. “It’s a great moment to apply,” she wrote. Presumably this person had read at least some of my portfolio and thought I could do the gig. She specifically suggested I email the above-described HR flack to get the process going. And so I did: the end result being that HR makes the hiring manager look like a liar – or something worse.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse.

Interview

The process was easy and laid back. The questions were not out of the ordinary and I felt at ease. A genuine passion for the brand definitely helps with the interview process.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Converse (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. It was 3 interviews (1 with the HR representative over the phone, 1 with the marketing manager over the phone, and 1 final round with two marketing managers over video.) It was fairly easy-going and allowed me to speak honestly about my interest in marketing and why I was so passionate about Converse.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Converse in October 2018.

Interview

I first met their university recruitment through a career fair at my university, where I supplied them with my resume. One of their recruiters followed up with me and told me about a Data Analytics internship, which I was not interested in. They did a screening call where they asked just basic questions (didn't really need to prepare), and then I told them I was more interested in marketing. I was given an interview with the person who heads marketing (not a recruiter), and I had a phone interview with them.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Converse.

Interview

Applied online but took a few months to get called back. Was called for a phone screening and i then was invited back for a second interview. Group interview , took about 2 weeks to hear back. Was made an offer and accepted

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.