Cotswold Outdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 Sep 2018

2.0

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kemble, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Kemble, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Shambles - no organisation. No probing questions. Seemed rushed. Contract incorrect on 3 occasions when joining and leaving the business. People were leaving the organisation all the time. What was described in interview is not what was required in the role. Lies lies and more lies.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briston, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Briston, England) in August 2014.

Interview

CV sent off, telephone interview with a recruiter, location interview. I had an offer of employment within a few days and negotiated a higher salary as well as a shorter notice period whilst keeping all other benefits.

Interview Questions

• All the basics you'd expect, no deviation.   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Southampton, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Relaxed interview with 2 of the management team followed by having to sell an item from the store to them. I was told to attend in smart casual dress - I obviously wore outdoor gear to look the part. There's a lot of emphasis on team work and customer focus.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Birmingham, England) in August 2014.

Interview

Really informal although I wore a suit, questions based on people skills mainly and what I did in previous retail job while at University.
    Got the feeling that they needed someone anyway so as long as you know how to speak to people correctly and have the basics of personal hygiene covered you're good to go.
    The job I interviewed for they did not advertise I just walked in and asked for a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had a difficult customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (London, England) in January 2014.

Interview

online application at first which is then shortlisted into interview candidates. As it so happened, I'm pretty sure i was one of two or three so got it easily. Quite lucky. After all the interviews have been completed over a week or so usually, the final candidate(s) are chosen and hey presto.

Interview Questions

• *What do you think you'll be doing?
      What previous experience do you have?
      How'd you describe yourself?
      What outdoor experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chiswick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Chiswick, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, response back in 2 days, interview the following week. Interview was straight forward, asked questions on basic things, past experience, outdoor experience etc. Interviewer was very calm and welcoming and the process was quite relaxing so not too much to be nervous about if your feeling generally nervous at the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (London, England) in July 2011.

Interview

Responded to website advertisement, emailed the store manager and was invited in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employers say about your character?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate more work hours during the summer holidays and reduce to fewer hours during term time.

Anonymous Employee in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Royal Tunbridge Wells, England) in August 2012.

Interview

One interview with standard list of personality and work ethic based questions.
    Plus One taster day where you are treated as a rookie and assesed by being thrown in at the deep end of a normal days work. (not as bad as it sounds)

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview the day after I'd applied for the position. The interview was short and very relaxed, only around 20 minutes. My interviewer was very friendly and the questions pretty simple and straightforward. Questions were pretty much typical skills and experience questions for example in team working, retail experience, outdoors experience.

Afterwards I had a chance to ask any questions that I had and we discussed days / times that I would be interested in working. I was offered a position there and then.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your outdoors experience would help you while working here?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

A short interview, undertaken in 20 minutes. Was initially asked to pick two items in store of any choose and await further instructions. During interview was asked why i picked these items. Had a further 4 or 5 questions on outdoor experiences, describing myself and experiences in other job roles.

Interview Questions

• Pick two items and describe how you would sell them   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.