Cotswold Outdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cotswold Outdoor Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2018

1.8

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor in February 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was very quick and took just under a month to get an interview. The actual interview was straightforward and easy to understand. Very time efficient and quick, took. 3 stations in the interview process; the actual interview, selling a product and dressing a mannequin.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Basic questions you would expect, about yourself and the outdoor industry. Relaxed and informal. Does not matter if you have no retail experience. Honestly they will hire anyone that has any tenuous interest in the outdoor.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kemble, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Kemble, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Shambles - no organisation. No probing questions. Seemed rushed. Contract incorrect on 3 occasions when joining and leaving the business. People were leaving the organisation all the time. What was described in interview is not what was required in the role. Lies lies and more lies.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Brighton, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy. Some questions on your outdoor experience or interests. Say you are passionate about sport and outdoors. They also focus a lot on costumer service so prepare your answers about great costumer service. Good manners, positive energy, all the small things.

It's not hard to get a job if they're hiring.

Interview Questions

• What's great costumer service   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Manchester, England) in July 2017.

Interview

face to face interview with the manager. questioned outdoor back ground and talked through career history on cv and covering letter . Quite informal and relaxed . No tests undertaken. Job offered one week later on a temp basis and then three months later a part time job was offered

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kemble, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Kemble, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard 2 stage process. Initial phone interview to gage competency and qualify the info given on your CV. The second stage included a presenting a task, covering a strategy and ability to form a plan of action.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview the day after I'd applied for the position. The interview was short and very relaxed, only around 20 minutes. My interviewer was very friendly and the questions pretty simple and straightforward. Questions were pretty much typical skills and experience questions for example in team working, retail experience, outdoors experience.

Afterwards I had a chance to ask any questions that I had and we discussed days / times that I would be interested in working. I was offered a position there and then.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your outdoors experience would help you while working here?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

A short interview, undertaken in 20 minutes. Was initially asked to pick two items in store of any choose and await further instructions. During interview was asked why i picked these items. Had a further 4 or 5 questions on outdoor experiences, describing myself and experiences in other job roles.

Interview Questions

• Pick two items and describe how you would sell them   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor.

Interview

Walked into store with CV, given interview date there and then for the following week. Interview lasted about 20 mins with standard range of Cotswold interview questions asked. Positive feedback given at the end of the interview and told I had the job. Sort of felt like they had already planned on hiring me before the interview and were just using it as part of the formal process.

Interview Questions

• What outdoor experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • A customer walks into the store and asks for good local places to go for a walk, what do you tell them?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you received/ gave good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Aberdeen, Scotland) in October 2015.

Interview

Informal chat with both manager and assistant manager, challenged with basic technical questions but if your remotely outdoorsy these are easy.

Few questions also on good team practice, really common sense though.

Interview Questions

• List in order of urgency to attend to.

Coffee has been spilt on the wooden floor at the back of the shop.
      Customer waiting at the tills.
      Customer looking to get fitted for walking boots.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.