Cotswold Outdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Nov 2017

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cotswold Outdoor

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Basic questions you would expect, about yourself and the outdoor industry. Relaxed and informal. Does not matter if you have no retail experience. Honestly they will hire anyone that has any tenuous interest in the outdoor.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Brighton, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy. Some questions on your outdoor experience or interests. Say you are passionate about sport and outdoors. They also focus a lot on costumer service so prepare your answers about great costumer service. Good manners, positive energy, all the small things.

It's not hard to get a job if they're hiring.

Interview Questions

• What's great costumer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview the day after I'd applied for the position. The interview was short and very relaxed, only around 20 minutes. My interviewer was very friendly and the questions pretty simple and straightforward. Questions were pretty much typical skills and experience questions for example in team working, retail experience, outdoors experience.

Afterwards I had a chance to ask any questions that I had and we discussed days / times that I would be interested in working. I was offered a position there and then.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your outdoors experience would help you while working here?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

A short interview, undertaken in 20 minutes. Was initially asked to pick two items in store of any choose and await further instructions. During interview was asked why i picked these items. Had a further 4 or 5 questions on outdoor experiences, describing myself and experiences in other job roles.

Interview Questions

• Pick two items and describe how you would sell them   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor.

Interview

Walked into store with CV, given interview date there and then for the following week. Interview lasted about 20 mins with standard range of Cotswold interview questions asked. Positive feedback given at the end of the interview and told I had the job. Sort of felt like they had already planned on hiring me before the interview and were just using it as part of the formal process.

Interview Questions

• What outdoor experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • A customer walks into the store and asks for good local places to go for a walk, what do you tell them?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you received/ gave good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Aberdeen, Scotland) in October 2015.

Interview

Informal chat with both manager and assistant manager, challenged with basic technical questions but if your remotely outdoorsy these are easy.

Few questions also on good team practice, really common sense though.

Interview Questions

• List in order of urgency to attend to.

Coffee has been spilt on the wooden floor at the back of the shop.
      Customer waiting at the tills.
      Customer looking to get fitted for walking boots.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (London, England).

Interview

short interview about 20 minutes. basic questions and more of a general chatter to see how passionate you are about the gear they stock and what activities you do in your own time. the member of staff interviewing me was very truthful because they talked about the drawbacks and plus's of working there. it wasn't a pressurized environment. was quite laid back and casual.

Interview Questions

• do you do any outdoor activities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Bristol, England) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted my CV via email, had to chase up a little while later, but was then called to arrange an interview, received a job offer soon after interview. Interview was a fairly informal chat with the store manager, who was very friendly and welcoming.

Anonymous Employee in Chiswick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Chiswick, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, response back in 2 days, interview the following week. Interview was straight forward, asked questions on basic things, past experience, outdoor experience etc. Interviewer was very calm and welcoming and the process was quite relaxing so not too much to be nervous about if your feeling generally nervous at the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cotswold Outdoor (Birmingham, England) in August 2014.

Interview

Really informal although I wore a suit, questions based on people skills mainly and what I did in previous retail job while at University.
    Got the feeling that they needed someone anyway so as long as you know how to speak to people correctly and have the basics of personal hygiene covered you're good to go.
    The job I interviewed for they did not advertise I just walked in and asked for a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had a difficult customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.