Creative Assembly Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Creative Assembly Interview Questions

Interviews at Creative Assembly

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly.

Interview

Multiple Skype interviews. First interview was an introduction where I was asked about my background experience. Second interview was a replacement for the "in person" site interview. Being from overseas I could not easily make it out to their site in England. The second interview covered a more in depth technical review with C++ related questions.

Interview Questions

• Which type of data structure would best be used to implement an excel spreadsheet application with columns and rows that may grow infinitely in size?   1 Answer

Content Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in February 2017.

Interview

The first step of the process was a written design test, which I was given 1 week to complete. It asked several questions concerning the game series I would be working on (ex. how I would solve certain problems).

After completing the design test, I had a Skype interview with two members of the team. The interview starts with simpler questions, but eventually moves on to design-focused questions intended to test your ability to analyze their previous titles, and your ability to come up with creative solutions (they're not called Mundane Assembly!)

While both the interviewers were respectful and kind, this was one of the more rigid-feeling interviews I've had, with things being taken pretty seriously.

Interview Questions

• What games are you playing right now?   Answer Question
    • Compare [GAME] to its sequel. What was better/worse in the next iteration?   Answer Question

Senior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Creative Assembly (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

The first interview was to talk over the phone with the HR and we were both doing introduction.
    The second one was a video interview to know me better and there was not much questions asked. I might or should have intuitively know what they were wanting to hear and I failed this.
    The next email I got from them is that they fairly informed me that I was an unsuccessful candidate, and provided an email if I needed the feedback for it. Pretty helpful.

Interview Questions

• What's my current salary, etc..   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in September 2020.

Interview

It was divided in two parts. The first was a phone call to introduce the role, the company, and ask things about me. The second one was a technical interview. But I felt that the interviewers were quite lost. The questions were vague, which could not measure my knowledge. They were not so interested.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in July 2020.

Interview

Disappointing, both the HR screening and the interview itself lasted 10 minutes on the phone.

Both callers seemed desperate to get off the call, obviously reading an extremely basic script of interview questions to which I always got the response "That sounds fine". Extremely disappointed in the very little interest shown in what I had to say.

Could have made it less obvious that I was out the running before the call began.

Don't get your hopes up, they emailed me back within 48 hours to tell me I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• An example of a problem you've faced in the workplace and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Which Social Media platforms do you think are relevant?   Answer Question

Junior QA Tester Interview

Application

Interview

Applied for the role online they got back to me after about a week and set up a video call for an interview a week later, they were fairly punctual about the situation

Associate QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly (Horsham, England) in July 2020.

Interview

30-60 mins long

The back and forth communication before the interviews was pretty quick and straightforward.

- Had a couple of preliminary questions over email.

- Moved on to schedule a first interview out of what would have been two in total.

- The interview was kinda weird in the sense that there were two people from the company there but only one actually asking questions. That one person felt a bit unprepared and would often be confused as to what should come next and would sometimes repeat questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in June 2020.

Interview

Online test which was provided where I needed to answer multiple choice questions about the area I would be working in. After filling in five of these, there where two practical coding tests where I needed to solve the problems without looking at any other resources/code etc. There was a time limit of 90 minutes for the whole test.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly in June 2020.

Interview

I initially had a screening call with someone from HR and was later invited to a video call with members of the team I would be working with if I get selected.
    It's very early to tell of the outcome yet BUT, since recruitment is still open, I will share the experience so far hoping to help other candidates.

The HR phonecall lasted about 10 minutes, pretty chill/relaxed chat. Talked about my salary expectations and double-checked some information so we could proceed further.

The video call lasted about an hour.
    Even though I'm very confident about my skills and experience, somehow I always end up getting extremely stressed, tired and shivering in interviews. (To be fair, who wouldn't, doing your job and putting it into words are 2 entirely different things)
    This time however, the interviewers were both understanding, approachable and kind. I think they could smell my awkwardness in the air but let me take my time and talk on my own pace and style, which helped me relax and get through the interview.
    (I know they did cause I blabbered a lot of but they let me talk anyway).
    You would expect the usual stuck-up behavior that comes with recruiting for the industry but, surprisingly, it was NOTHING like that. They were actually quite nice and friendly people and we ended up having a very pleasant chat, which involved work experience, games and their communities.

Overall it was pretty straightforward and, setting personal stress aside, I wouldn't call it difficult. There were no curveballs, hidden meanings or any of those silly questions you'd normally get with other big studios.
    As long as you know your trade and what you're talking about it should be a breeze. Just be yourself and be honest. Try to come up with loads of examples but don't lie or oversell yourself.

A "healthy" level of preparation is advised. Get your thoughts together but don't burn yourself out. Good luck!

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Creative Assembly (Horsham, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview process took 7 weeks with one rearrange due to lack of communication between CA HR and hiring team.

I directly emailed HR for feedback and all I got was an automated email to say I didn't get the role.

Interview Questions

• Generic it support questions   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.