CrossCountry Consulting Managing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

CrossCountry Consulting Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at CrossCountry Consulting

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn to a posting for a Managing Consultant position. Contacted by a recruiter within a week of my submission via LinkedIn. The recruiter requested a copy of my resume, and shortly after I sent my resume I had a Skype call. This second interview was no different from the first, in that was a review of my background and what the firm had to offer - both interviews were open and conversational and without issue. Shortly after this second interview, I had a phone interview with a manager/managing consultant, which was a more detailed/technical interview where I had many of my role-based questions answered (this was on a Friday). I was contacted by the recruiter that initially contacted me concerning an office visit to be scheduled for the following week. The company paid for the airfare and limo, and took me to lunch on during my half-day visit - I flew up to Washington DC on an early morning flight and returned on a 3pm flight the same day. During my office visit I was welcomed by the director of HR & Recruiting and then proceeded to meet with a managing consultant that was extremely friendly and answered all of my questions. The next interview was with a Director - this interview was centered around my experiences. The third and final interview was with a partner. This interview was very awkward in that the interviewer did not ask any questions and we sat in relative silence for the duration of the interview. I then went to lunch with an associate director and two managing consultants, which I thought went well despite what seemed to be a tension between the managing consultants and an associate director. After I returned home, I sent the usual thank you notes to all of those that I interviewed with and received one email from my recruiter informing me that I should receive word concerning feedback by the end of the week (my interviews were on a Tuesday) - also, HR indicated before I left that day that she should have feedback within the next two days following my interview. This next week marks 6 weeks since I have interviewed and still no word from anyone despite a promise by the recruiter to have feedback for me in response to a follow-up email I sent requesting feedback. I have never invested so much time in an interview process to have been treated as unprofessional as this with no word despite promises by two different people.

Interview Questions

• What experience did you have in performing construction audits?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CrossCountry Consulting

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting (Tysons, VA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn for a phone screen. I was invited afterward to come in for in-person interviews with three executives. I later interviewed with director-level executives for a final round of interviews. Great conversations about my skills and past work. I was able to engage them with any questions I had. CrossCountry has a wonderful culture as well as driven members.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide examples of past experiences (functional and technical) to make sure they aligned with current and future CrossCountry projects   Answer Question
    • I was asked specific social/personality questions to ensure I would fit in with CrossCountry's core values.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Had a phone interview, followed by an interview in the office with 3 executives. I was able to ask questions about the company in addition to providing additional information on my background. It was very evident that the team was focused on finding someone that was a good fit as well as having the right skills.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for an example of similar work experience to types of projects that CrossCountry was working on.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Was referred to a Partner in New York through an ex-colleague.

Had a positive, lengthy call with HR, then moved on to in-person interviews. I met with 2 Partners and a handful of consultants. I did not get an offer, but was very impressed with the group of people I met from CrossCountry. The interview process, and the Internal Recruiter leading me through, it was particularly caring and thoughtful, and the prompt feedback was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel your industry experience is transferrable to the professional services space? What are some of the steps you would take to ensure you are building your "softer" consulting skills?   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth since HR is wonderful to work with. I had one HR interview over the phone, two phone interviews (Partner & Director), and in-person interview with Partner. The interviews were very focused on your skill-sets and what you could offer to CCC. Once the interviews were over, HR stayed in constant contact on the next steps, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience with working with someone that does not know anything about Audit, SOX, or your engagement?   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with CrossCountry over a 18 month period. Having worked in both industry and consulting, I was determined to meet with as many people as possible, ask as many questions as possible, and make sure the fit was correct. The professionalism, patience and sincerity displayed by everyone I met with and interviewed with, from recruiters to partners was impressive. They were also looking for 'fit', which is important to me. It didn't seem like they would simply hire anyone, but instead were looking for the right personality along with the professional skillset to fit the role/need.

Interview Questions

• Describe the engagements you've been involved with during your career. Describe an instance where a project didn't go as planned. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting (McLean, VA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. It began with an interview with the Recruiting Manager, 2 Skype Interviews, and then an onsite interview in McLean. It was much more personable and thorough than Partners I have interviewed with in the past, many of which did not require an onsite/face-to-face interview at all. I appreciate the investment CrossCountry makes to ensure they hire to their core values and culture.

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant! The recruiter was easy to communicate with and kept me up to date on various interviews, status, and timeline. Everyone I met throughout the process was incredibly friendly and willing to share experiences and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deliver difficult feedback.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CrossCountry Consulting (McLean, VA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was timely, transparent, and well organized. I appreciated the constant and quick communication from the recruiters. The actual office interview went smoothly and while there were some managerial approach-type questions, they were obviously more concerned on the cultural fit with the firm which is great.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.