Crown Prosecution Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Crown Prosecution Service Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crown Prosecution Service

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crown Prosecution Service (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Online application on civil service website with 4/5 competency based questions. Followed by interview that was completely compentency based. Around 4-5 questions asked. After I was successful at the interview (found out a month later), had to complete security checks, DBS, pre employment checks and Heath declaration etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you used a form of communication to get a point across   Answer Question

Paralegal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crown Prosecution Service in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of two people who took turns to ask questions. They were quite friendly although I found the overall environment quite intimidating. Questions were competency based, much like the civil service application form- some were identical to the ones I had already answered online. The interview took place in their London office building.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a written piece of work assessed and how you responded to feedback.   Answer Question

Prosecutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crown Prosecution Service (London, England).

Interview

Scenario panel and questions. Given a case scenario then asked questions to establish how you would deal with the legal and personal issues. You were given time to read this then came in and were asked questions by individual panel members.

Interview Questions

• So long ago I can't remember the specifics. What I do remember is realising retrospectively that I had been hired on a fraction of what other people had. There was no equality in wage levels and some folk took them to tribunals over this.   1 Answer

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crown Prosecution Service (Guildford, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back that I had an interview scheduled for 1 week later in-front of a 3 person panel. The panel were kind and welcoming and really made me feel comfortable - they even made a couple of jokes and calmed me down hugely. It was entirely competency based questions read off a list but whilst one was writing; one would be looking and smiling at you. They e-mailed to say I got the job a matter of hours later

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you challenged the way something was done and how this affected others around you   Answer Question

Negotiation

A meeting to run through background checks was needed and the choice of when to do that was based around my schedule which was helpful.

Paralegal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crown Prosecution Service.

Interview

Applied online in November 2015 & interviewed in mid-January 2016. Had to politely chase a couple of times as there were no updates. I arrived early and was seen late, interviewed by a panel of 3, it was purely competency based. I didn't find out that I had been unsuccessful until March 2016. Email stated that I could request feedback - I made this request. Received further email after a week or so stating that as it had been a busy recruitment process there was no chance for feedback. All correspondence was through email.

Senior Crown Prosecutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crown Prosecution Service (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Their was a 40 minute review of a sample case with supplied materials. This was followed by a 15 minute presentation to a 3 man panel based on the reviewed case as well as a short question and answer session where current issues where raised. interview question's were then asked by all 3 based around communication and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to work with others to achieve an outcome   Answer Question

Paralegal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crown Prosecution Service.

Interview

Straight forward application online requesting basic information and employment history as well as competency questions. The interview was conducted by a panel of three people.This consisted of competency based questions that were related to the competencies outlined in the job description. Took a total of twenty minutes with each of the panel members asking a couple of competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision and how you came to your decision   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crown Prosecution Service (City of London, England) in March 2012.

Interview

The application form was quite strange, it was just personal details and then four questions to answer. They did not ask for any employment or education history. They also only contacted you through email, so when I first saw the email in my inbox I thought I had been unsuccessful but it was actually an invitation to interview.

The interview was in the centre of London and they were very accommodating as I was travelling from the North of England. The interview was with 2 people, one from HR and one from the office. The interview mainly consisted of competency based questions that were similar or related to the four questions in the application form. The interviewers were very nice and welcoming and were very good at putting you at ease. Dare I say they almost made it enjoyable?

I then received another email a week later saying I had been successful subject to references and security checks. I then received a form offer of employment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.