Croydon Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Croydon Council Interview Questions

Interviews at Croydon Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Croydon Council.

Interview

Competency based questions and role play assessment. All questions asked were competency based and then the assessment was role play of an angry customer on the phone. You are given an information sheet and then you are tested on how clear the information you have given to the customer is.

Business Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Croydon, England) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview was a panel of three. There were six set questions; two questions asked by each panel member. They did not fuss around with the 'so why would you like to work with us?' or 'Tell us about yourself'... It was very straightforward as they simply asked the questions (competency-based e.g 'Tell us of a time you led a team'), and then there was a short 'attention to detail' test, and a minute-taking test.

Interview Questions

• How would you stay motivated if given a large, monotonous task that would have to be worked on for several days? They gave me the example of filing a huge pile of paperwork. The aim of the question was to find out the ways in which you stay motivated, even when you are given a 'boring' task that can be mentally draining.   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Croydon, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Friendly interview panel made me feel very comfortable. Questions were very relevant and really showed that the Council has a strong value base. The panel challenged me but they did this in a really helpful way because they wanted me to do well.

Interview Questions

• I had to do a written test based on a serious case review   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Croydon, England) in October 2018.

Interview

1-hour interview comprising of 8 questions. This was followed by a 1hr 30 test excel/BI analytical test which required the applicant to extract and analyze a piece of HR data.

Interview Questions

• Approach to disseminating sensitive information   1 Answer

Digital Business Relationship Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Croydon, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Weak interview process. Very much by the numbers. Interviewers not particularly engaged at all. I got the impression that they were going through the motions as they already had people earmarked for the roll. Also, the emails were all automated and did not include a name to ask for at the front desk. This meant the interview started over 10 mins late but even then the interview ended right on the hour. The shortest interview I have ever had.

When the inevitable rejection email came through, I phoned and requested feedback. 4 days later someone tried to call and left a message they would ring back. No communication since.

Deeply unsatisfactory which is a shame as the location is great and the job sounded superb.

Interview Questions

• They requested a presentation on the first 100 days in the role. The advice was, just in case, to bring it as handouts. Sure enough, in a modern conference suite, the interviewers had not set up a laptop.   1 Answer

CALAT Examinations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton Heath, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Thornton Heath, England) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. Was interviewed by a panel of 3 senior heads and they were very professional in their approach.
    Very structured and organised.
    However the interviewers were not really looking at the experience but rather waiting to hear answers that they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• how would you address a situation where the candidate arrives late for an examination with a very valid reason   Answer Question

Data Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Croydon, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I was notified my CV was shortlisted by email. Next step was a face to face interview with a group of 3. I had a test to complete before the interview which tested basic analytical skills and use of Excel. I then presented this in the first 5 minutes of the interview followed by about 6 questions in total from all the interviewers.
    I then did not hear from them for about a month, but after I kept chasing them and ringing HR, I was told I was successful in the job and I started a month later.

There's lots of paperwork and forms to sign but after that, the rest if the usual admin was fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Croydon, England).

Interview

I had to undertake an asessment process whereby I had to determine a plan of action and then give a presentation detailing my findings. Then an interview process followed the assessment process.

Interview Questions

• To outline how previous work experience showcases my skills   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Croydon, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Head teacher called and explained the process. It was a maternity cover role but I liked the school and stayed for 4 years.
    I had to complete a lesson with a class and have an interview with the year group leader. It was my nqt year and I felt very welcome.

Senior Policy Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Croydon Council (Croydon, England) in December 2012.

Interview

I got a call from the agency saying that Croydon were interested in interviewing me. The interview took place a week later. I had a brief interview with the head of department then accepted for the post the following day

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk through my CV and asked questions about how I would carry out an EIA   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation I was happy with the money that was offered for the role

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.