Currys PC World Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Currys PC World Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2017

2.3

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

I only had a telephone interview. The manager from the store was on the phone, he was very nice and easing therefore making it feel that I wasn't being assessed and was just having a friendly chat. He asked me about my current job as a waitress and the role I played there in terms of customer service and if it was essentially customer based. He then asked about where I go to school and what I'm currently studying and my available hours due to being in school on weekdays. It was all just general information and I have been invited for an interview on Monday.

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clacton-on-Sea, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Clacton-on-Sea, England) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a fantastic interview process, very laid back while still being formal. As a whole it was by far the best interview I have ever been on. The two guys that I interviewed with made it very comfortable and easy.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Currys PC World in September 2017.

Interview

general questions: tell me about yourself, what experience have you had with a team, best accomplishment in life, what skills can you bring to this role and if you have any knowledge or experience on the specific technology (computers, vacuums, printers etc.)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with talking to customers?
      One time whereby you've had to carry a team to success   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrow in Furness, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Barrow in Furness, England) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was very welcoming. We talked about my CV, I got asked about my hobbies and interests. Asked about what I'm studying at college and how long left I have. Then we talked about times and pay. After that he told me a scenario if he was a customer and wanted a laptop just for the office package etc etc. After that, he said that if we think you're successful with this interview, we will ask you to come in to meet the store manager about the job and to talk about times etc. So he took my details and gave me the job.

Interview Questions

• If I was a customer and I wanted a laptop and I'd be only using it for an office package, what laptop and extras would I need..?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Applied online on the website.it was a huge group at the interview day had to get selected from a group of 27. did a lot of group exercises and the a one to one. 5 got selected. Things have changed now tho.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

Mine was very welcoming and made me feel an individual.My interviewer put me at ease.She was a very friendly and understanding person.The questions asked were all Customer Servi ce focused

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Currys PC World in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was sent a confirmation email and completed an on line test but heard nothing after that until nearly 2 months later telling me the position was closed.

Interview Questions

• Was given scenarios that one may experience in day to day work and had to rate how appropriate different actions were   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Lincoln, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Went into the office and had a 10 minute chat about the role and what was expected of the employee if successful, also talked about pay etc. Then we had a 15 minute section where I was asked questions about my self

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Currys PC World (Swansea, Wales) in May 2017.

Interview

I first applied online a few weeks ago and then received a phone call (form an unknown number) about a week ago. This call turned out to be the phone interview. I then received another call a day later saying I had passed the phone interview and if I would be interested in an in-store interview.

The in-store interview consisted of some traditional interview questions, and then a role play scenario. The role play required me to look over a brochure of some tablets and then ask the interviewer a series of questions to determine which product would be best suited for them.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Currys PC World.

Interview

My interview was in four parts:
    - Online test. You use a slider to indicate how you would prioritise actions in a hypothetical work situation.

-Phone interview. About a week later I got a call from one of the managers in the store. If they call you up to take your application further they actually ask you some interview questions there and then on the phone. Stuff like "Why do you want to work for us", and "tell me about your previous experience". In hindsight the call was just to find out how you speak and what your energy levels are like.
    ** be warned that the number they call from was a private number. It took me a while to work out what was going on and that I was being assessed.

-In store role play. They get you to choose a product and sell it to them (although I've also heard of people being told what product they should sell). The manager who did my phone interview played as the customer and I was the sales assistant. The key here is to ask the customer loads of questions to work out what they need- not to push something on them. Ask them what they need the device for and give them some options. Ask them if they have thought about internet security- say that we provide that. Ask them if they need software like microsoft office, etc.

-Final one-on-one interview. Mine was with the store manager and was a traditional back and forth about your past experience working in sales, working with a team, hitting targets, etc. This is also their chance to find out what hours you are available for and if you will work weekends and public holidays. As always in a retail role- flexibility will make you a better applicant.

Overall a pretty laid back interview process. My interviewers were nice people and definitely went out of their way to make things easy. They don't want you to be perfect, and an extensive knowledge of their products is definitely not a must (you will learn on the job) but they can tell if you're the right kind of person for the job or not and how natural you are.

**Also worth noting that they really favour people with prior retail experience. I can't be sure on this but I don't know if they would hire people without it unless they were exceptional candidates. Think of it as one step up from standard retail.

As someone who was hired- there are good company perks, laid back working atmosphere if your workmates are good, generally rewarding and good customers. However there are targets and you are expected to meet them individually and as a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were really proud of something you achieved in the work environment   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked well as a team   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked as a team to hit a sales target   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.