D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Intern Interview

Interview

Have two rounds of phone interviews, each round goes about 30 minutes. Talked to people from different teams, generally quite good experience, feel like talking to really smart and talented people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There was one 45 minute phone interview and one on-site interview. They paid for all expenses. They asked me to sign a bilateral non-disclosure agreement before the second interview. The interviewers included two senior employees, two newer employees, and two in between. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions, including a 1-on-1 lunch.

Interview Questions

• Among other things, they asked for a code sample and technical writing sample   1 Answer
    • Presenting a technical subject, making a model   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got an interview for an internship position through on-campus recruiting at my university. It was a very quantitative, one on one interview with mostly brainteaser questions and some math problems. I was kind of unsettled by the interviewer. I didn't get past this first round, but I assume they have fit interviews for the later rounds.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

Interview

Was emailed to participate in a phone interview, was then invited for an on-site interview in NYC, which consisted for 4 back -to-back interviews. Everybody was incredibly friendly and welcoming, and the process moved quickly. HR was easy to get in touch with whenever necessary. It was a great experience, overall.

Interview Questions

• Mainly resume related questions and questions to gauge how you think/respond under pressure   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in January 2015.

Interview

Very professional and quick. Seems like a great place to intern, but was not selected. Practice on brain teasers and logic questions. They want fast thinkers who are competent as problem solvers.

Intern Interview

Interview

Cv, cover letter and motivational questions on the website. Than phone call, quite short, they were looking for an intern with more working experience and I did not fit their requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

easy going, simple interview some basic brain teasers nothing hard easy to talk to interviewers conversation flowed well. nice office, really friendly people. made me do a case study too which i had to discuss with employees, case study wasnt hard and intellectual conversation regarding it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.