D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Security Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Security Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

4.5

Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Submitted information sheet outlining experience, including specific to security and coding. Had a phone interview, approximately 45 minutes long. Combination of technical questions and going over resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Java and C++   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Call - 30 min ; then multiple interviewers onsite. Most interviewers were very nice. It was very in-depth probing. There's no way to 'study' for this. The HR team was not prepared though. They were nice enough. I knew I answered a question incorrectly on the 3rd interview. That interview was cut short and I was told I was done for the day. Typically it's a full day interview...Oh well.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a user brings you a pc that is acting 'weird'? You suspect malware.   1 Answer
    • How does Kerberos work?   1 Answer
    • Public and private key vs symmetric encryption?   1 Answer
    • Do you know python? Diff btw that and bash shell.   1 Answer
    • How would you install DLP hardware for email?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.