DFS Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DFS Furniture Interview Questions

Interviews at DFS Furniture

2.0

Administrator Interview

Interview

The interview was incredibly easy. The interviewer was unskilled at interviewing and didn't know what questions to ask. The two people interviewing me were disrespectful and uneducated. I was asked one single question on competency for the role, everything else discussed was not relevant to being able to do the job. I asked what the team is like, the dynamic and demographic of the team, and the team is 26 people who are all female. For reference, I am a male. I have 9 years of experience in administration and would be on paper a perfect hire. They rejected me 4 days after my interview with no negative feedback, just that they didn't want to move forward. I am positive that they're looking to hire only women for the department. If you have any ounce of integrity of self-respect, run a mile from this employer (Doncaster Head Office).

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Weekend Sales Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DFS Furniture (Leicester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied one weekend and had phone interview / follow up from DFS on Monday. Probably desperate for staff.

Interviewer almost passive aggressive and negative. Talked briefly through my personal circumstances and the advertised role.

Transpired DFS had lied about the salary on the job advert, actual salary was far less.

Suffice to say I withdrew prior to travelling to a face to face interview.

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DFS Furniture (London, England).

Interview

Simple process applied on site with CV and a brief cover note and then got invited for a interview at the store, after a few weeks got a response regarding the role via email.

Interview Questions

• Asked what past experience I had working in a busy office and how it would help in their current vacancy   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview went well, just usual interview questions. I was asked about my volunteering experience and about my motivation for doing it. I then received a call a few days later after having to chase them about it and I was told I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t coming across confident enough. The issue is, I explained the nature of my anxiety disorder at my interview and that I specifically close a non customer facing role as I have a very confident manner over the phone but not in person. This was the only feedback I received which I find to be very unfair.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DFS Furniture.

Interview

two stages
    First interview was generally a chat about me and what I was expecting about the role
    second interview included the CDC manager, basically went over the same questions for him as previously
    then a quick test to assess accuracy

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DFS Furniture (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informal chat just to make sure you are able to hold a conversation. It was more of a general chat to confirm what type of person you are... they are able to teach you how to sell so just want to know you have the right attitude.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DFS Furniture (Sheffield, England).

Interview

If you're looking to start sooner rather than later you're out of luck it's a long process. I applied for the position and heard nothing for about 2 weeks then out of the blue I got a call asking me to do a telephone interview. The person doing my phone interview seemed very positive about the company telling me lots about the place.(To be honest though what she told me was very different to what I was later told) After the telephone interview I was told that they would be happy to put me forward for a face to face interview at the store. I asked when and she said someone would be intouch. Ten days later again out of the blue I was asked to attend. Three days later I attended.
     I arrived at the store and was greeted and offered a coffee and asked to take a seat. After 15 minutes or so the interview started. The questions were standard interview questions. Tell us about yourself and what do you know about DFS etc etc. Then we can onto the interesting part. The Commission.
    You get between 500 and 750 a month bonus which is based on customer feedback. You get 3.50 for delivery of each sofa and about an average of about 30 quid a sofa. Lads at the Sheffield store where I was clear about 2k a month. I was also told that the commission on dinning room furniture is a whopping 1% so you sell an 1800 pound table a chairs you get 18 quid.
    I was originally told that most people were earning 40k plus which at the Sheffield store turned out to be long and trap! I thought that working every weekend and doing late night wasn't worth it for that money. I was told after the interview that I would hear back from DFS within a week yet heard nothing. Not that I was bothered any. But it would have been nice to get a letter or email.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DFS Furniture in March 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed experience, out on the showroom sat on a sofa. 2 people interviewed me and wanted to get to know me and my experiences.

I was invited back the following week in a different store, after the second interview I was told it would take a few days, but received a call 1 hour later offering me the role

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you have gone above and beyond for a customer to provide excellent customer service   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DFS Furniture (Bolton, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed unusual interview. Excellent knowledge on working practices and explained everything in full, the good and the bad. I was asked a little about myself and asked to describe certain situations were I have had to demonstrated certain skills. As a sales position they wanted to see how I dealt with people and how I would react to them.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself for as long as you are able without mentioning work. The interviewer explained no one had ever lasted more than 5 minutes   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately due to the weekend work, (every Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday, with a young family), I wasn't able to proceed.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterlooville, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DFS Furniture (Waterlooville, England).

Interview

Applied for the job which had well over 100 applicants for the role. Had to ring them as I had heard nothing after 6 weeks. Then had to ring them again as was advised they would contact me for the manager interview and had heard nothing for over a week. Then when we finally arranged the interview. The manager appeared friendly. Although, the interview was very subjective and read into things rather than looking at my skills and experience. Even when asked an outright question about my future development interests the interviewer still made their own assumptions. I discussed that I am very keen to progress but this wasn't really addressed.

Even though I was told during the interview I answered the questions well I didn't get another offer for the next interview stage, Feedback given by the manager after the interview made no sense whatsoever!

Nearly 3 months later and well over 100 applicants they still haven't found anyone 'suitable'. What does that tell you!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.