DW Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Aug 2017

2.1

Membership Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DW Sports (Warrington, North West England, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Sent CV via online. Was contacted within a day and had the interview the following day. A very quick process. Unfortunately the interview was not as good. It was a little outdated and the interviewer was very condescending, almost like an ex-teacher, and the role play was also terrible and not realistic of true sales, conversation and lacked any real connection. Overall, a very quick way to put quality sales people off the company, the DW Sports Sales process and the senior staff. Poor experience of an interview. I decided not to continue my application.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DW Sports (Preston, North West England, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Telephone invitation; on arrival found several applicants who, like me, had no indication given of a group interview. We were brought into a clean studio and sat down, given a description of the company, then we introduced ourselves to the group with an interesting fact about ourselves. We then had three tasks to complete in small groups or pairs; the first was making a hat out of paper, the second was a game to instruct a partner on how to draw an object without actually saying the name of the object, and the third was to write down three keywords on customer service and explain to the group why they were important. Then, the manager took us one by one back to the café area where we underwent a one-on-one short interview. Later that evening we were rung by the manager who offered the job and invited us for an induction the next day.

Interview Questions

• What jobs have you done in the past that have prepared you for this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at DW Sports (Plymouth, England) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the bottom of the barrel job. Nothing special.
    Interview was long, with many pointless questions with no relevance to the job role which would then be argued if your answer wasn't liked by the area manager who performed the interview as the store manager was "too busy" to conduct an interview for his own staff.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in retail?
      What do you know about Dw Sports
      What do you know about Dave Whelan
      What do you think your day consists of
      What do you think you need for the role
      Why did you leave your prior job
      Can you ha for the way of life in retail
      Do you think your ready to work for a sport retailer
      About 49 other complete shiieet questions which do not get to know you or what your about or could bring to the table   1 Answer

Duty Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DW Sports in January 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview - a few questions and a call back the next day... very quick and very easy.. I was hoping for more of a challenge and group interview to really showcase my skills... I think they must of been desperate to get anyone in to a bad company

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DW Sports in January 2016.

Interview

Quick interview, very friendly staff. I had to sell them some boots as an example. Can be nerve wrecking but he was very understanding of that. Simple interview questions, took around 15 minutes. Nothing difficult really if you go in there confident.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DW Sports (Cardiff, Wales) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for an interview after handing my CV into the store, the interview was very brief and was just on the shop floor with the manager. Asked why I'd like to work there and how often I would be able to work and when I could start. Then I had to take in my passport and answer a pack of questions about health and safety etc. Started work a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DW Sports (Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland) in September 2014.

Interview

Very informal.

Sent CV to apply. Was contacted promptly and asked to come in for an interview. Met with assistant manager and was asked a series of general questions about the job, my experience, why I wanted to work there and then some very general questions about the company (the answers to which can be found on the companies 'about us' webpage).

Interview took place on shop floor and lasted 5-10 minutes.

Contacted within the next couple of days regarding employment offer.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leckwith, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DW Sports (Leckwith, Wales) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview with mgr doesn't get back to you when stated so will be waiting ages for an answer
    The interview itself was easy more like a chat as don't think they know how to even interview properly which sums up the haven't got a clue work style
    They will stage when they will get back to you and then they don't
    If you ring up they will keep fobbing you off about ringing you

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DW Sports (Huddersfield, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Simple and straight to the point. Normal interview questions. Revise as you would with any other interview. They will be focusing on experience as they will be looking for someone that can learn fast or has good it skills. Also they will ask you about your communication skills and confidence as the role involves a lot of customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DW Sports (Bangor, Northern Ireland) in January 2012.

Interview

It was fairly brief, management seemed friendly and relaxed.
    They were both very informal, it was almost like a conversation. There were only two people there to interview me and it lasted about 5-10 minutes.
    Both interviewers made me feel comfortable enough, described my certain tasks and appreciated questions!

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      Why should we choose you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.