DaDa English Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DaDa English Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at DaDa

2.3

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaDa (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The application process is pretty quick. First, you fill out a basic application and get an email back with an interview briefing and a tech scan to make sure your computer and wifi are functioning correctly. Next, you register for a 30 minute interview, which is in two parts. 1) Question & Answer 2) mock class (10 minute demo). They give you the slides that you can use for your class, and request that you have a proper background behind you so that it looks like a classroom.

Before the interview, they sent me two automated email reminders. Additionally, 20 minutes before, they called me from Shanghai (I'm in the US). At first I thought I messed up the time zone difference, but they were just calling to remind me to have a background, to be professional.

The time for the interview rolled around and she asked me about my experience. A few minutes in, she said my internet was too slow and that I could reschedule, and hung up.

One week later, I had the rescheduled interview. Again, there were the automatic emails and the international phone call. This time, the phone call went along the lines of "are you still coming? ok good" and felt pretty weird.

The interviewer was about 5 minutes late to the interview, and started with asking me about my teaching experience. I barely got two sentences in when she cut me off and went on to the next question. I asked if she wanted me to finish talking about my experience and I wasn't sure if she didn't understand or misheard, but she just repeated her question.

She asked about if I was TEFL certified, and I asked if there was any financial support from Dada to become certified. She said that I could pay them $300 to get certified.

At some point during the interview she mentioned that I could take a vacation whenever, which is not representative of what other reviewers had mentioned, so I asked about the leave policy since she brought it up. She said that if I got an offer that I could review the leave policies in the contract and changed the topic. Before the interview I had drafted a few questions about the students' learning, assessments, etc. but she said that there wasn't time for me to ask questions.

The mock class was about what I expected and went fine, but I had such a weird experience during the interview part that I was glad not to get an offer. It definitely felt like they wanted warm bodies that didn't ask too many questions so that they could make as much money as possible. It didn't feel supportive or with students' or teachers' best interests in mind.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience. Do you have TEFL certification / would you be willing to become certified?   Answer Question
  • What is your salary requirement?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DaDa

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaDa (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Initially, you apply online. The application is not overwhelming and, as long as you have a bachelors degree and speak native English you should get a response. An automated canned message is sent that your resume has been received within 24 hours. After that, you email with a real person in China to schedule a skype interview. This may take a while because of the time differences. So far, the experience has been attentive and cordial. I am looking forward to my interviews and a mutually rewarding relationship with this employer. I think it would be helpful for foreigners (the applicant) to read up on basic customs and courtesies and realize that the employees on the other end (China) are probably having the same difficulties collaborating with us. Look for this to be a growth opportunity for yourself, your colleagues in China AND (especially) for the students!

I have not received an offer because I have not finished the process yet.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaDa (Cheyenne, WY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

There was a trial class where I taught a student and the recruiter gave me feedback on how I did. However, the recruiter had canned answers and didn't speak English very well, so I didn't get any specific feedback.

Interview Questions

• If I had any teaching experience.   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaDa (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

You have a 5-10 minute interview through skype and ask you basic questions about yourself. They also ask for information and paperwork from you such as a passport. The process is very easy and quick.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaDa.

Interview

First, you submit your resume and CV. I was contacted within hours of doing this.
    Then, you schedule a time to complete your interview. For your interview, you must already have your headset and be willing to test your internet speed and share results.
    If you pass this interview, you are walked through a lesson in using the online teaching platform.
    After learning to use the online teaching platform, you will be asked to watch training videos and scheduled for a 14 minute demo lesson with a real students.
    You must pass the demo lesson to be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have teaching?
      What is your highest level of education?
      What is your degree in?
      What hours are your available to work?   Answer Question

11 Sep 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback! If you have any questions or concerns please let us know!

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaDa (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. I met with someone on Skype who asked me about my experience. I think they also wanted to hear my accent and fluency as well. They they did an internet speed test, as well as 30-40 minute training session to teach me the platform. After that I had a demo class with an actual student. I passed the demo and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? Can you commit to a set schedule for six months or a year? Do you plan on moving within that time period?   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cordele, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DaDa (Cordele, GA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy and informative. Applied online, received an email, set up a phone call, did online classroom tutorial and trail class. My trainer took me through the DaDa teacher platform and how to use it. The next day I was teaching classes.

Interview Questions

• Past employment, work history, and trial class   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaDa (Grand Junction, CO (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Skype interview to address internet connection and initial meeting, it was slightly awkward but very straight forward, yet simple process. It didn't take very long and they set up a mock trial class with a Chinese student after testing internet connectivity.

Interview Questions

• How quick internet was, How i heard about this position   1 Answer

11 Sep 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback! Welcome to DaDaABC! if you have any concerns, please let us know!

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DaDa (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2019.

Interview

Awkward and confusing, but okay in the end. The interviewer becomes the student for your mock class which I did not expect at all. You don't get to play with the software before the interview which was rather difficult to wrap my head around.

Interview Questions

• How I will engage students online   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaDa in July 2018.

Interview

Fast and simple process, I started teaching within a few weeks after my initial interview and was offered a contract and trained quickly. Everything went smoothly and I felt prepared for my first week of classes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.