DataStax Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DataStax Sales Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DataStax.

Interview

I can now confirm that many of the things about this company are true.
Exceedingly lengthy interview process, far too long than necessary.
They love to sell you on their company culture. How awesome everyone is, how everyone is soooooo happy to be there, blah blah blah.
But you can quickly tell it's all BS. They turnover there is staggering, just ask one of their customers. They constantly complain how they are constantly dealing with new people and have to rehash things with the new reps, and once they get caught up they either leave Datastax or get fired.
The main gain interviewed with there has left the company, he didn't even last a year there.
The interview was for a basic sales job, it took almost 2 months from beginning to end. Everything was going great until the very end when I was told they wouldn't move forward with me. When I inquired as to why, the 2 recruiters there said they'd ask and get me feedback but that didn't happen. The one guy emailed me some vague, dodgy, BS response.

Interview Questions

• Some typical questions, nothing special or out of the ordinary.
    Did get asked some cheesy questions you'd expect to get out of some book written by an inspirational speaker.... lame.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DataStax

Sales Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews with management and sales team members (7+ calls) - some who missed the call and didn't even bother to reschedule. Sales management did not have the courtesy to respond with a thank you despite my traveling out of state to meet with them (although they paid the tab). When I asked sales management about viable and newly funded serious competition to their technology it was a "deer in the headlights" moment. I so wanted to see another RedHat success in the open source community, but I am uncertain here. Sales management seems fixated on pumping subscriptions while underestimating the need for establishing a robust services capability (Cassandra, in particular, is a complex implementation requiring advanced services). Sales management vision for where the company is headed was not clearly articulated.

On the upside, I am sure there are some exciting opportunities at this company and if you enjoy working for a startup - or want to have that experience - this could be an interesting place to be for a while. See if you can land some future stock grants before they IPO - that's where you may make some money here.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, but be prepared to strike the word "services" from your vocabulary if you are gunning for a sales position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.