DataStax Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DataStax Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Interviews at DataStax

1 Interview Review

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Gave them my resume at career fair and received an email from the guy I talked to there about a week later. Had a phone screening just talking about the job position and then the guy sent an tech challenge with no deadline or time constraints. Tech screen was basically creating a program that tests if certain files were correct or incorrect. Took me a while to understand the instructions.

Due to my schedule and various questions I had, the challenge took me about 3 weeks to finish but someone else could have pounded this out in a day or weekend if they had the free time and no questions. During the 3 weeks I worked on it, I actually submitted it twice, but the first time, my output was wrong due to miscommunication with the guy, so I re-submitted it. About a week later, I got a phone offer.

Overall, they were very accommodating, friendly, and relaxed. They were very understanding of my busy schedule as a student.

Interview Questions

• Create a program that tests if certain files were correct or incorrect   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.