DataStax Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Support Engineer

DataStax Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at DataStax

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied for the position via Indeed and received a response from a recruiter the same day requesting availability for a phone screening. Had the phone screen and that went well which lead to a take home assessment. That went well and then I spoke with the hiring manager. After that was two technical interviews, one where they asked about my experience with various technologies listed on my resume and then the 2nd one was a skills assessment where they asked questions about my Linux experience and had me type out commands over a zoom meeting. After that ended, I wasn't told when to expect to hear back or anything. A week later I reached out to ask what the next steps were, if any and didn't get a response. Assume I wasn't selected. Would have been nice to get some sort of response though instead of being ghosted.

Interview Questions

• how do you view the available memory on a Linux system?   Answer Question
  • how do you view the available disk space on a Linux machine?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DataStax

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone call from a screener, easy to pass if you have ever done support. They want you to download their software and run it and answer questions on it. They have you answer support call email (write what you would respond to a very loyal cusomer who was having a seemingly pretty simple problem).

Interview Questions

• Downloading the software and running it took *hours*. I mean, rediculous amounts of time. It gave me a very nervous feeling about the company.   1 Answer

I didn't really want the job. It seemed like a lot of drudgery, even for support.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.