DataStax Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DataStax Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at DataStax

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

There were a total of six 1-hour video interviews, across three weeks, out of which three interviews were technical. I also received a task on installing core DataStax products and provide feedback, along with a sample ticket to research and answer as I would answer to a customer. After all done, the hiring manager checks the references and the 6 interviewers will form a panel to notify on the outcome of each interview. First interview was with the hiring manager, last one with the VP. I received feedback from the hiring manager on his decision three days after the last interview.

The technical interviews took place after the task above was completed (so by this time I was somewhat familiar with the products) and were all over the place, the two main starting points being either the knowledge required to troubleshoot an application like Cassandra or the highlights listed in the resume. The interviewers don't split the topics between each other, they could probe on similar areas, I suggest not to set them the same day, to give yourself time to bounce in case one goes south.

After the verbal offer a background check was performed by a 3rd party, which took quite a while in my case, opposed to a 4-5 days average.

Interview Questions

• Tech questions were around Linux, JAVA, Networking, DB, Cloud, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DataStax

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DataStax (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. It was a basic screening call, after which i had a discussion with the hiring manager about the role and my experience. I was given a assignment where i was asked to install their product and answer a customer query. This was followed by 4 Skype interviews with different members on the support team. At last i spoke to the VP of Customer Support. All the interactions were good and i got the sense that people were really passionate about their work and the company. Highly motivated group and everyone was very easy going. Unfortunately i was not made the offer and i was not given any reason either. But my overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such. Most questions were around basic network troubleshooting and JVM   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.