Databricks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Databricks

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Databricks (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Quite challenging but fair. Several phone interviews, Several F2F interviews, Spark coding exam, and I had to present on a technical topic to a group of Databricks' employees. I was treating professionally and with respect. The interviews were challenging but at no time did I feel I was given trick questions. Everyone who interviewed me made me feel comfortable and afforded me ample time to respond.

Interview Questions

• I would say that about 50% of the questions were around culture, 25% were technical, and 25% was spent on presentation skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks.

Interview

The interview was longer than the usual. Other than recruiter screening. There was a
    1. Technical prescreen
    2. Behavioral interview with HM
    3. OnSite: Algo, System Design, Coding, Another behavioral with another HM

4. (This one is a little too extra) A long take home coding assignment that takes a day to solve

The process took a while, but the recruiter was very communicative. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Algo
      Behavioral
      Algo
      System design
      Coding
      Behavioral
      Take home coding   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks in November 2020.

Interview

Had a phone screen with hiring manager directly. She was late, seemed unprepared, and became rude towards the end. She wasn't really listening to what I had to say,... Not sure what it was but it seemed like she wrote me off and didn't want to put in any effort after that. Not a great experience.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process started with a standard phone screening that went extremely well. From there I had a video call with the enterprise SDR managers that was pretty standard, except for the fact that one of the managers was eating a bowl of cereal on the call, asked zero questions, appeared to be disengaged, often turned off his mic and screen, and only answered one of my questions when it was directly asked to him specifically.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you would go about prospecting into an account.   Answer Question

13 Nov 2020 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and truly appreciate the effort you spent in our interview process. One of our top priorities is to provide an engaging and thoughtful candidate experience, and we are always looking for ways to improve. If you are open to it, please contact me directly to share any additional feedback you might have.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

initial assessment was through code signal. This was random but regardless of it didn't move to second step. No proper response and the interview experience seems different for most. mixed feeling about this

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks.

Interview

did the code signal online assessment first and contacted by a recruiter to schedule the first phone interview. The interviewer was nice and supportive throughout the process.
    The recruiter reached out to schedule another round of phone interview.

Interview Questions

• standard leetcode question about merging lists with given api.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

The problems you need to solve during the online assessment were weird and seemly only can be done in brute force way. There's little logic existing in the problems. So sad.

Interview Questions

• Online assessment problems related to square arrangement   Answer Question

19 Oct 2020 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Creating a thoughtful interview experience is one of our top priorities so we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you’re open to it, please feel free to contact me directly so we can learn more about how we can improve.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks.

Interview

Databricks requested a Code Signal general assessment score from me. They asked 4 questions, I would say Easy to Medium on LeetCode. 3/4 of my questions passed all test cases and 1/4 (Medium LeetCode) passed the unlocked test cases but failed the rest of the test cases because my runtime was too high so this is something to keep in mind. I'm surprised that they have chosen to use CodeSignal as the testing platform is not the best. I recommend taking some time to practice on CodeSignal before taking the assessment and think about runtime! Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of ways to divide an array into 3 subarrays where the sum(subarray1) <= sum(subarray2) <= sum(subarray3) and none of the 3 subarrays are empty.   Answer Question

Summer Software Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks.

Interview

Applied second week of september. In a few day got an online coding challenge to be completed in two weeks. The online round consists of four questions of Easy to Medium category.

Software Developer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Databricks (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting process. I received the first round of coding tests within one week, it was an online coding test with Code Signal. 4 questions in total and you will have 70 minutes to answer all 4 questions

Interview Questions

• When is your graduation date and how many working experience do you have?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Coding assessment, phone interviews, final round

Horrible interview experience... should have looked at reviews before applying. The engineer that conducted the technical interview is NOT PAYING ATTENTION AT ALL during the interview and I never felt so excluded during an interview before. When I asked for clarification, the interviewer straight up ignored me. When I tried to engage with the interviewer, the interviewer half-heartedly said "ok". I would not want to work with people like that in a work setting. They are clearly putting 0 effort into the recruitment process. I finished the interview with 10 minutes left and they rejected me. If they were to waste my time like this, why bother interviewing?

Interview Questions

Databricks Response

19 Oct 2020 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the time you dedicated to the process and are sorry to hear about your experience. Creating an engaging interview experience is one of our top priorities so we are always looking for ways to improve. Please contact me directly if you are open to sharing more feedback.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.