Databricks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Databricks Interview Questions

Interviews at Databricks

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had an initial technical round which went well after which the recruiter scheduled a chat with one of the hiring managers. I thought the conversation went well - but these questions are open ended and one can never tell how it really went. I then followed up with the recruiter for an update - no response. Ah, the ghosting experience, which I haven't had to face in a long time ever since I found the right guy and stopped dating!! :-p . These guys need to have their recruiters trained to be more professional.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Databricks (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I am working at one of the FAANG and talking to various companies in the Valley. The interview process with Databricks was the worst experiences I had so far.

1. the whole process took more than 3 months. I went through recruiter chat, phone interview, hiring manager chat, another hiring manager chat, recruiter chat, one day virtual onsite, taking home assignment, colleague references. Yes Databricks is a startup that is growing fast but think twice before about whether it worth the time. They are a lot other good companies are also hiring. Do not waste time with them!

2. the recruiters are very unprofessional. The interact with the interviewers were good but the recruiters are very unprofessional. They did not answer any question and just reply with the email template. Was checking for other roles responsibilities but the recruiter think that you are only fit for the role that they are hiring.

Asking for the feedback about the phone interview but never received a response until one month later, with a move forward template. Since I also have other pending offers so I would like to get the final result sooner but again the email never got replied, until 3 weeks later.

3. the hiring bar is clear. All the feedbacks from the interviews are good but at last they decided not to move forward because background does not match. I do not know if they are not hiring or if they have a very high bar. but if you find the candidate does not match, please do not waste other's time at the beginning.

Interview Questions

• medium leetcode questions; system design; coding using an assembly language; take home assignment   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Databricks.

Interview

Recruiter call, then phone screen. Phone screen was well. I solved the coding question, tested it and had a follow up discussion about the trade offs.
    I got surprised of getting rejection letter an hour after the interview.
    I think they aren’t actually hiring, just tasting the candidates. I wish they were more respectful of people time and won’t interview people if they aren’t serious about hiring.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

It was a straight forward, farely easy, interview and did not get really into detail which is why I am confused on how they made their decision. Recruiter was very friendly and kind.

Director of Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks in July 2020.

Interview

recruiter chat: going through expectations and org structure
    then hiring manager interview: going through resumes, several high level management questions, no technical questions

after interviews the company is ghosting forever even with following up

Interview Questions

• what's the management style
      how to make sure large projects are on track.   Answer Question

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Databricks (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The process took like two months, I applied through their career portal, after two weeks I received an email to set up a call with a recruiter total about my previous experience, expectations, why did I want to join them, etc. then the recruiter sent me an email with a set of tasks to de developed.

Interview Questions

• Create a production-ready site that interacts with GitHub's developers APIs, like listing repositories sorted in descendant order by the number of stars received, every item on the list should have a link to display a modal with details about the author, latest submitters and comments.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The question itself was bad, make sure you really know how the language you're using works. plus the interviewer wasn't much help :( make sure to clarify the req's in the beginning

Interview Questions

• Modified version of question listed under Databricks in Leetcode   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with a recruiter. Shortly after that was set up with a technical phone screen with an engineer. The interview was pretty standard. Everyone was pleasant, upbeat and helpful throughout. I received an email shortly after that they decided to not move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Databricks (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Very bad interview process. Went for onsite and then received a take home assignment. After everything was cleared, they requested me to provide three references from current colleagues. I waited for like almost 3 weeks and they told me that due to current situation they will not move forward. Very terrible interview process. I wasted 2 months of my time for doing nothing. Everything went well but they hesitate at the very last steps and decided not to move forward? If they decided not to move forward after the onsite then they should express it directly and not to waste people's time for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Easy coding. Easy system design. However for system design, they want to to answer what they want to hear. If you have different approach then they consider it wrong.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Databricks (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I had an initial call with a manager, and it was recommended to interview with an additional manager. My 3rd interview was technical and bizarre at best. The interviewer asked me several questions regarding SQL. In two occasions the questions did not make any sense and was not sure if he was trying to trick me or he did not know himself.

Interview Questions

• On SQL uniqueidentifier could you have a null   1 Answer
    • How do you get 10 records from SQL   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.