David Lloyd Leisure Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at David Lloyd Leisure

2.4

Gym Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure (Southampton, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Partake and deliver a circuits class with a 1-1 interview - 2 people were giving the interview, we gave the circuits class to the other 7 people who were at the interview. Really friendly and relaxed apart from the exhaustion of random circuits and talking in between.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weakness, why David Lloyd?   1 Answer

Reception Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure.

Interview

You just have to send your cv and maybe cover letter then they call you back. You go in for a face to face interview just asking about your experience and about the companies values. Then they call you to offer the job after a week or two.

Kids Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

applied online and got email to come to group session ...big group of 40 and only one or two got a place..had to build a beanstalk with a group of 6 and then design a childrens game in a smaller group

UI/UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure (Hatfield, East of England, England) in January 2020.

Interview

It was shockingly unprofessional from start to finish. From the external recruiter putting me in for a job I clearly said I was unqualified for. Then being told I had the job in the interview then for them to come back a week later to low ball me with a 20k pay decrease and then not hearing anything apart from a message on LinkedIn from the person who said I had the job then saying sorry you don’t have the job.

It was totally shambolic, my advice to anyone applying for a job here in the digital team is... it’s clear they have huge communication issues with people not qualified in the digital arena bluffing their way through.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my UX skills   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure (Birmingham, England) in December 2019.

Interview

A lot of hoops to jump through for average pay. first stage was a group interview which consisted of about 30-40 people - a difficult task to shine without coming across as loud, rude, bossy.

The group interview consisted of group activities which centered around core values.

long winded, you are there for a few hours and then if successful you are called back for a one to one interview.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure in October 2019.

Interview

Read through my CV and asked be 3 questions from it. Very informal, was then told i would be called the next day but actually received the call 3 days later asking to come for a trail shift which lasted about and hour and i was reassured went really well. Then waited for another call which didn’t come until a few days after after being told it was the next day telling me to come for a chat with the senior manager, which i declined after having to wait so long for news and the hours were very unsociable.

Interview Questions

• would the gym be something you’re interested in using?   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Sat down. Was asked basic questions about what I would bring to the team and also a little bit about myself, was very relaxed and no real pressure was felt. My responsibilities were explained very clearly to me if I got the role aswell. Then was shown around the center

Interview Questions

• What can you bring that no one else in my team can bring   Answer Question

Fitness Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied through the external link on Indeed and was contacted approximately 1 month later via email asking if I was still interested.

After stating my interest, I was asked my availability and we agreed a mutual day and time for the interview, the recruitment manager Laura was very obliging.

I attended an interview in person at the Corstorphine Leisure Club and met Laura and we sat and spoke about myself and then the club and there were some competency based questions.

Laura gave a very in depth explanation on the role and then a tour of the facilities along with some travel advice for getting home more efficiently!

Laura stated at the end that the recruitment process could take a while and to expect a response in 4+ weeks potentially. She ended by saying it had been a pleasure to meet.

I can't fault the quality of the interview at all regardless of whether an offer is made or not. Top class!

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidstone, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure (Maidstone, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Sat down with a coffee and chatted about my interests, work and education history, proudest moments and achievements, what I knew about David lloyd and explained the "New Trainer Journey "

Customer Experience Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chigwell, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lloyd Leisure (Chigwell, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes early and was told to take a seat and wait until they are ready.

Interior was more like a service station or 3* hotel than an expensive health club. No atmosphere, unhappy staff, disengaged customers, dirty floor.

45 minutes later and with no sign of anyone coming out, I left.

Inept management clearly don't have the skills or experience required to manage a simple hr process let alone run a health club.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.